Name your top 3 worst ever Latics strike partnerships here.

What about his face when he scored the winner (V Swansea??) A picture to see his celebration. Long shot, but does anyone have that picture of his celebration?

He tried his very best to miss that one, it was like he fell into the ball and it strolled over the line

Anyone remember Mathew Tipton paired with Paul Smith? Sept/Oct 00?

I remember Currie scoring a great goal in a littlewoods cup game in 1990, cutting in from the wing and planting a shot in the far corner.

He scored twice both belters and he scored a decent goal at Hillsborough. Shame he was lazy fat Tw@t, he had loads of talent, skilful had scored a fair few for Boro' and Bansley, Cloughie paid a fair wedge for him (his team-mate was Brian Rice :grin: ) didn't play a game for Forest before Joe paid £450,000 for him. Still laugh at his free-kick at Barnsley when he hit the angle of post and bar but was already celebrating - looked a right tit! Funnily enough a year after he had returned to Barnsley we played at Oakwell in a friendly, we lost 3-1 and him and Redders tore us to shreds. Funny old game...

Whitehall and Allot.

Whitehall and Tipton.

Corrazin and Dudley.

Christ they were long afternoons unless we we're playing wrexham, think half of corrazins overall total for the club came against wrexham lol :grin:

Christ they were long afternoons unless we we're playing wrexham, think half of corrazins overall total for the club came against wrexham lol :grin:

He scored 22 goals for the club in all competitions. 7 (almost a third) coming against Wrexham! (It should have been 8 because in the home game on 10th Feb 2001 he scored 4 AND missed a pen!)

I remember Currie scoring a great goal in a littlewoods cup game in 1990, cutting in from the wing and planting a shot in the far corner.

That was against Notts County, in the 2nd leg. We'd lost the 1st leg 0-1, with a (who else) Tommy Johnson penno (or rebound off a penno). Anyway, a sublime match on the plastic, which I think we won 4-2 in extra time. Up steps the aformentioned Currie, one touch and bang... top corner.

Then we went to dirtyLeeds and lost 0-2. Meh.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

That was against Notts County, in the 2nd leg. We'd lost the 1st leg 0-1, with a (who else) Tommy Johnson penno (or rebound off a penno). Anyway, a sublime match on the plastic, which I think we won 4-2 in extra time. Up steps the aformentioned Currie, one touch and bang... top corner.

Then we went to dirtyLeeds and lost 0-2. Meh.

5-2 mate AET :wink: , we took the lead through Rick Holden, Tommy Johnson equalised with a pen, Phil Robinson hit a screamer to put them 3-1 up on agg, Last few minutes we get a very iffy pen, Redders buries it - with very little time remaining Currie scores his wonder goal to put us 3-2 up on the night 3-3 on agg and into extra-time we go. Currie scores shortly after the re-start and Moulden buries a late header in the last few minutes of ET. Oh, and want a manky night it was at BP, especially stood in the Rocky Road End.

5-2 mate AET :wink: , we took the lead through Rick Holden, Tommy Johnson equalised with a pen, Phil Robinson hit a screamer to put them 3-1 up on agg, Last few minutes we get a very iffy pen, Redders buries it - with very little time remaining Currie scores his wonder goal to put us 3-2 up on the night 3-3 on agg and into extra-time we go. Currie scores shortly after the re-start and Moulden buries a late header in the last few minutes of ET. Oh, and want a manky night it was at BP, especially stood in the Rocky Road End.

In the year we concentrated on the league :wink: , them freezing nights stood in the chaddy as a kid if only we could turn back time, oh well

He scored twice both belters and he scored a decent goal at Hillsborough. Shame he was lazy fat Tw@t, he had loads of talent, skilful had scored a fair few for Boro' and Bansley, Cloughie paid a fair wedge for him (his team-mate was Brian Rice :grin: ) didn't play a game for Forest before Joe paid £450,000 for him. Still laugh at his free-kick at Barnsley when he hit the angle of post and bar but was already celebrating - looked a right tit! Funnily enough a year after he had returned to Barnsley we played at Oakwell in a friendly, we lost 3-1 and him and Redders tore us to shreds. Funny old game...

You stole my thunder and can't argue with what you wrote!!! He really did have that skill on the ball but was a bit Darren Huckerbyish insofar that he ran looking at the ball and never could see a pass to a better placed team-mate.

Dudley was AWESOME!!! Tell me I'm mad if you want, it was just a shame he was asthmatic and he was always caught offside because he was so damn fast!

side topic - who would win in a 60m race Dudley or Beresford?

Agreed. I was sat with Jon Hallworth and Simon Stainrod on the first SAFE day. Dudley came on as a sub and there was a huge roar of enthusiasm. At the time he was the one player we had who could excite the crowd and I had to explain why to Jon & Simon. That was simple - he had speed and speed is always a good thing; without his health problems I'm sure he'd have made a good player

We;ve ahd some dire rubbish up front, but any forward lineup with Carlo the clown in it, is surely the winner. Barlow was dire, but at least he did score sometimes.

Super Johnny Eyre, never saw the point in that waste of space.

As for Cecere, anyone who scores a hat-trick against ba****d rovers deserves a knighthood surely?

Surprised to see Mccarthy named and shamed or even Tipton