Eardley Arrives

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because people were willing to pay big money for Trottman without seeing him play anything like as many times as they wanted to watch Eardley for

? Honestly, Ed, what a silly question.

Not to mention Trotmans proven injury record which must have been attractive.

:laught16:

You'll be laughing on the other side of..., hold on, no it would be the normal side I guess.

You'll be laughing on the normal side of your face when Belly smashes the ball off bumfaces' face. No that isn't working either, too many faeces.

You'll be laughing on the normal side of your face when Belly smashes the ball off Ponting's face, and it bounces for six to push him over his double century and win England the Ashes. And I'll be the LORD of predictions. If not, everyone will forget this post anyway, so what the hell...

Jeez, it's not more over a year since the loss of a player who no longer playing for us left, drawing grown men to tears.

A right back (although good) is a complete non-entity in the bigger picture. We were never going to make our fortune off him.

NB. And still, bollock off Gregan will be great again. Although I said that Ian Bell will get a century in the Ashes series so ... :blush:

Have you had a drink, OS? :grin:

That sounds amazing. Where'd ya get that, me old china?

I seem to remember seeing a bottle of Kopparberg in my fridge earlier... hmmm... *plot hatching*

Obviously local pubs in Durham are probably little use, but on line the best cider in the world is Gwatkin Foxwhelp dry cider

:

http://www.orchard-hive-and-vine.co.uk/aca...__Perry_61.html

I'm sorry to see him go but it's a move that was always on the cards and he is probably easier to replace than Taylor. As many have said, he would probably have gone at the end of the season and we recieved a payment for him when it would have been possible to get nothing.

Agree, it's probably the best move for everyone - it was becoming obvious that he was never gonna realise his potential with us and needs to step up a level to develop as a player;and we won't miss him anything like as much as we'd miss Taylor.

Good luck to him, i take back what i said last season about being prepared to take driving lessons in order to drive him to his next club,which i happily admit was moronic.

"LATICS spent most of the summer denying that fullback Neal Eardley was leaving the club.

But on the eve of the new season, the Welsh international has today signed for Championship club Blackpool, for an undisclosed fee.

There had been reports that Eardley had a knee problem but that he had hopefully recovered in time to be considered for selection for Athletic's opening game tomorrow against struggling neighbours Stockport County.

However, he will instead be with the Tangerines."

Just read that from the Chron...have I missed something? Have the club spent most of the summer denying this...it's pretty hard to deny that ya selling someone until the offers come in. Which have only been in the last week or so. Just reads to me like it's painting a picture of them lying and :censored:ting on fans.

FFS what did they want the club to do? not bother playing him in any pre-season friendlies then have Penney tell people in interviews "who cares if he gets called up to the Wales squad, he's pissing off to Blackpool so he's not my problem"?

Must be a really quiet day for news in Oldham, between this and the rehashed story about opposition to the new ground.

If we got 200k plus for neal then we have got a good deal , I know there were people saying 500k but there is not a chance hes worth anywear near that, Very poor crosser even worse passer , left his possition open by geting forward and giving the ball away far too overated, (anyone remember the third goal away at stockport last season when he just gave up). Good deal, good ridence!

If we got 200k plus for neal then we have got a good deal , I know there were people saying 500k but there is not a chance hes worth anywear near that, Very poor crosser even worse passer , left his possition open by geting forward and giving the ball away far too overated, (anyone remember the third goal away at stockport last season when he just gave up). Good deal, good ridence!

There's just so much wrong with that post it's untrue :petesake:

here here! Amen to that man - Eardley in a nutshell. Stockport away he was a disgrace, should never have been given a shirt again after that disgusting episode.

Hes reached his level of ability now though if not gone backwards, looked better at 17 than he does at 20, something not right in that.

Bye Neal, thanks for the 600k!

here here! Amen to that man - Eardley in a nutshell. Stockport away he was a disgrace, should never have been given a shirt again after that disgusting episode.

Hes reached his level of ability now though if not gone backwards, looked better at 17 than he does at 20, something not right in that.

Nowt to do with Byrne coming in (who was fairly :censored:) and Jones stepping off a coach from Wolves (still in his Gold tracksuit apparently) in that defence, that night then? Good to know that in your perfect world of defences that changing 2 of the 4 backline (with average players) doesn't affect how you'll perform. Everybody was gash that night after we went 1-0 up. Singling Eardley out from it just highlights a biased agenda to dislike him wherever possible.

We watch different games.

Nb. Everyone other than Jones was a disgrace at Stockport.

I bet you ten English cyberpounds that Neil Eardley plays a premiership game before the date of 1/1/2015. I know it is long term, but go on.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I was indifferent to Eardley. Decent eonough at this level but only decent, not kinda stand out (as opposed to kelvin not good enough at this level) I think it's sink or swim for Neal at Championship level. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I cant help remembering Eardley moaning at the boro game with Abbott after abbott had a go at some :censored:e Eardley had performed. It just lasted and lasted, even till half time, after which Eardley never returned to wear a Latics top again. It was like I am better than this..... well Neal it's time to prove it sunbeam, I don't think he will.

Edited by Lags

I was indifferent to Eardley. Decent eonough at this level but only decent, not kinda stand out (as opposed to kelvin not good enough at this level) I think it's sink or swim for Neal at Championship level. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I cant help remembering Eardley moaning at the boro game with Abbott after abbott had a go at some :censored:e Eardley had performed. It just lasted and lasted, even till half time, after which Eardley never returned to wear a Latics top again. It was like I am better than this..... well Neal it's time to prove it sunbeam, I don't think he will.

I'll do this three times as I have limited money, but:

I bet you ten English cyberpounds that Neil Eardley plays a premiership game before the date of 1/1/2015. I know it is long term, but go on.

NB: Cyberpounds = pounds if I ever meet you, which let's face it I probably will.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Give me 2-1 odds and I'll stake ya £5. I mean all them years waitin. Eardley is nowhere near a prem player. Not now not ever.

Alright, end of 2012 (Dec 31st) five games or more in the Premiership. Evens. First three that want it.

3 x £10 each. This is getting awfully like betfair.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

ONE JUDAS BASTARD THERES ONLY ONE JUDAS BASTARD, SIGN FOR ANYONE BUT THE SCUM EARDS :ranting: NO COMING BACK

I was just joking. Good luck to him. Can't say he stands out as such a good player for me bar his first full season, decent threat from free kicks however.