Eardley Arrives

Alright, end of 2012 (Dec 31st) five games or more in the Premiership. Evens. First three that want it.

3 x £10 each. This is getting awfully like betfair.

I'll have that. If he does I'll pay you with the tenner Butter still owes me from the JKL days when we didn't go up in 06/07.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have that. If he does I'll pay you with the tenner Butter still owes me from the JKL days when we didn't go up in 06/07.

You should burn down one house in Shaw every week until he pays. You'll get him eventually.

I remember a game at Goodison not all that long ago where I saw lots of our players raise themselves to the best games of their career. Eardley just looked like he belonged there and had their LW in his pocket (didn't they switch at half time? I was drunk). He is a big class above the third division, and it will show when he is playing with a better team and better opponents. I will not be investing 10 English cyberpounds in this venture.

In how many games has Eardley been outstanding for us ? In my book, not enough to warrant him this superkid status some have attached to him. He's a good player and he might well go on to better things - but I wasn't impressed by him that much last season. At times his passing and crossing was atrocious.

• 9 months later...
Alright, end of 2012 (Dec 31st) five games or more in the Premiership. Evens. First three that want it.

3 x £10 each. This is getting awfully like betfair.

Just five games and I'm ten cyberpounds that Butter owes Ominous better off.

Hurrah.

NB. I won't bring up the Gregan thing in the same thread. :grin:

Edited by OldhamSheridan

This thread is a cracking read...There should be some humble pie being eaten but then these types are already busy slating the next player or manager to learn from the mistakes they made over slating the previous player/manager. Had to laugh how many deemed Ronnie "not that bad" after all, in their slating of Penney. And the circle keeps turning...

PS Even I've had to eat humble pie a little this season over Gregan...but then, he did as I asked...became the professional that he wasn't the season before...

Edited by boundaryblue80

He'll end up in league 1 when blackpool come down.

He went the other way mate.

NB. And still, bollock off Gregan will be great again.

Good prediction.

I bet you ten English cyberpounds that Neil Eardley plays a premiership game before the date of 1/1/2015. I know it is long term, but go on.

You a good few english cyberpounds better off..

Any chance of predicting next weeks lottery numbers? :grin:

Eardley has played in less than half of the Lashers games this season (admitedly injury has played a role) and has failed to establish himself even at Championship level.

Yes I'm sure he will get a game in the Premier League when others get injured but I doubt he will be a regular, and let's just remember, Michael Clegg played in the Champions League, was he truly that class??

People seem to be forgetting that Eardley is still very young and has plenty of time to develop. There's no certainty he'll make a Premiership regular starter, but even if he doesn't figure straight away for Blackpool he shouldn't be written off. There's alot to say for him going out on loan for a season to a Championship club if he's not going to get games at Blackpool - this promotion could well be a season or so too early for him.

I really can't believe the debate around Eardleys ability as a player is still going on. Though,perhaps I shouldn't be surprised as this was the same 'untalented?!?!? player who had captained his side, represented his country and played over 100 games in an average/good 3rd division side.

Yes, he misplaced passes, yes, he 'hoofed' the ball from time to time, yes, his crossing was wayward from time to time, but feck me, he was and still is a young footballer with a decent amount of ability, earning a decent living playing the game he loves and by 'eck wouldn't most of us love to be in that position - a position that you have to work bloody hard to achieve - Good luck to him and as i stated back in August, I'm sure he couldn't give two hoots what the majority of those think who booed his every touch whilst he was here.

I'm sure there'll be plenty more along for 'em to boo in the future.

:applause1::applause1:

I really can't believe the debate around Eardleys ability as a player is still going on. Though,perhaps I shouldn't be surprised as this was the same 'untalented?!?!? player who had captained his side, represented his country and played over 100 games in an average/good 3rd division side.

Yes, he misplaced passes, yes, he 'hoofed' the ball from time to time, yes, his crossing was wayward from time to time, but feck me, he was and still is a young footballer with a decent amount of ability, earning a decent living playing the game he loves and by 'eck wouldn't most of us love to be in that position - a position that you have to work bloody hard to achieve - Good luck to him and as i stated back in August, I'm sure he couldn't give two hoots what the majority of those think who booed his every touch whilst he was here.

I'm sure there'll be plenty more along for 'em to boo in the future.

:applause1::applause1::applause1:

Eardley had a quality which was very much missed over the previous season.

I have noticed that a lot of our best players can get slated because they are not allowed to make a mistake where average ones often get praised because they dont really do anything wrong.

• 3 months later...
Meh. Always thought he was very average. Not sure why people on here always want to bring him up to try and claim moral superiority. Some people have different opinions, deal with it...

shame all our players are not 'average' as we would be playing in the championship. We must have a shocking team atm.

Good news. Should mean we won't have to part with Taylor for another season.

Good luck Neal... hope it works out for you. However I am dubious if he will evr fulfill his obvious potential after going there. Relegation fodder for me.

Well, no. There's many other things that have happened that are worse. But in OAFC terms, it's up there with the departure of Murray and Stam, and the re-sigh-ning of fatty Gregan.

:lol::lol::lol:

3 of the most blatant instances of "you couldn't be more wrong" you'll ever read.

...that they desperately cling to despite the ever growing mountain of evidence that they are wrong. :wink:

Where's the evidence i'm wrong? I can only go off what I saw, which is quite a lot, and all I saw was an average right back. Wow, he's got to the premiership. Chris Killen played in the champions league and the world cup. It means sod all, he played barely half of Blackpools games last season anyway...

The way some of you lot are making out, Eardley single handley fired Blackpool to promotion. Hmm...

Edited by JonesyOAFC