Transfer Fees

Why would a transfer fee of this size be kept from public knowledge...the football club, ultimately, belongs to the fans, and surely they have a right to know of any money's coming in and out of the club.

These undisclosed fees are getting more and more common in football today and as the Eardley saga dragged on and on you just knew it was going to be a cloak and dagger jobbie!!!

Blackpool have just brought someone in from Scotland for around £500,000 and that was openly reported so I'm guessing it's TTA who want to keep it secret....What can they possibly gain from it?

If it is so as not to alert other club's to our financial position as regards our own bid's for players...that's fair enough I suppose...but the figures should, at least, be disclosed after the transfer window has closed....Anybody agree?

Should the Football league make it compulsory to disclose transfer fees?

I think that is a good idea-AFTER THE WINDOW HAS CLOSED. It protects the club, so that it does not jeopardise any other transfers in the pipeline.And when it is disclosed, it is yesterdays news. the player and club have moved on.Any backlash would be subdued

Blackpool have just brought someone in from Scotland for around £500,000 and that was openly reported so I'm guessing it's TTA who want to keep it secret....What can they possibly gain from it?

2 possible answers could be

1-They don't want others to know how much money they have look what happens everytime man city are in the market for someone the selling club bumps up the value could be one reason

2-Also if he goes for a stated amount of £400k everyone will expect that money to go straight back in the team despite the fact that won't come close to covering our clubs net losses for the season

I agree that it's an increasing and unwelcome trend . It has been around for a long time but still unwelcome.

Maybe, and it's just a thought, Latics are in negotiations with another club to sign a player and don't want it to know how much we've received. If that is the case then fair enough.

When the books are published doesn't this kinda information have to be inclusive?

Not sure it has to be itemised, more of a collective summary - but if Eards is the only departure for ££££ it will become quickly apparent so why don't TTA just disclose how much he went for?

Why would a transfer fee of this size be kept from public knowledge...the football club, ultimately, belongs to the fans, and surely they have a right to know of any money's coming in and out of the club.

These undisclosed fees are getting more and more common in football today and as the Eardley saga dragged on and on you just knew it was going to be a cloak and dagger jobbie!!!

If it is so as not to alert other club's to our financial position as regards our own bid's for players...that's fair enough I suppose...but the figures should, at least, be disclosed after the transfer window has closed....Anybody agree?

Clubs don't belong to the fans anymore we're just bit part consumers.

Good point.

Can't help feeling we've been shafted. Watched Boro v Sheff U last night and it mentioned how Yeates (whooo??) had just signed for Boro from Col U for £500K! Half a million.

How did they manage such a fee and surely we should've seeked similar for a young full international full back?

E4e

REKON

Good point.

Can't help feeling we've been shafted. Watched Boro v Sheff U last night and it mentioned how Yeates (whooo??) had just signed for Boro from Col U for £500K! Half a million.

How did they manage such a fee and surely we should've seeked similar for a young full international full back?

E4e

REKON

yeates was one of the best wingers in league 1 last season for colchester 500k for him is a bit cheap i think, it would be like selling taylor for 500k

i don't think we have been shafted, eardley was only worth what blackpool were willing to pay and what we were willing to accept (although if i was in charge i would have wanted a bit more money of blackpool or even a sell on clause?) so i think its fair business.

I do agree that it is an unwelcome trend, Obviiously we'd all like to know, but it is good business sense not to.

Besides, has anyone thought that Blackppol might be the ones requesting the fee not to be revealed, in case their fans start rioting for over paying for a LEague One player?, Or Wrexham as people will know their cut.

the football club, ultimately, belongs to the fans, and surely they have a right to know of any money's coming in and out of the club.

I am afraid that bit is not realistic. We don't own Tesco's or Microsoft do we? We have no right to see what they pay for the goods and what they sell them to us for.

Just because we are devoted consumers it does not give us the right to knwo the prices.

But I think that revealing the fee after the window closes is a great idea.