The trouble with Girls

I missed the thing about boozing in Oldham last night due to working late but got in for possibly the most depressing hour of telly after,filmed in Rochdale, Thank fook it wasn't filmed in Oldham... Rough and thick as pig :censored:e young birds, a 23 year old fella openly doing a 16 year old girl and numerous underage pregnancies - grim as grim could be.

I missed the thing about boozing in Oldham last night due to working late but got in for possibly the most depressing hour of telly after,filmed in Rochdale, Thank fook it wasn't filmed in Oldham... Rough and thick as pig :censored:e young birds, a 23 year old fella openly doing a 16 year old girl and numerous underage pregnancies - grim as grim could be.

Haha, i watched that, it was shocking, thought that guy was 26 doin a 15 year old cos she had just turned 16 and was pregnant! My mates uncle was on it aswell, he was the copper who turned up at their house!

Haha, i watched that, it was shocking, thought that guy was 26 doin a 15 year old cos she had just turned 16 and was pregnant! My mates uncle was on it aswell, he was the copper who turned up at their house!

Could've been, I had to keep hiding behind a cusion, It was like a Lancastrian version of the hills have eyes - The young mum who thought that the breast milk substitute in a tin was made from ground down breast milk, The programme had to be seen to be believed - didn't know wether to laugh or cry

Could've been, I had to keep hiding behind a cusion, It was like a Lancastrian version of the hills have eyes - The young mum who thought that the breast milk substitute in a tin was made from ground down breast milk, The programme had to be seen to be believed - didn't know wether to laugh or cry

These people are allowed to vote, breed and generally participate in society, well I say participate, I mean sit on their fat arses all day drawing state benefits dropping more and more underdeveloped and uneducated bundles of joy that repeat the pattern ad infinitum.

These people are allowed to vote, breed and generally participate in society, well I say participate, I mean sit on their fat arses all day drawing state benefits dropping more and more underdeveloped and uneducated bundles of joy that repeat the pattern ad infinitum.

You have just totally summed up my thoughts on the matter.

Which is a very depressing thought, Have to agree though that there was no end to that cycle in the pipeline

Otherwise known as the 'Gimme Generation'. :ranting:

Made me proud to be a Rochdalian. :unsure:

You had to laugh, otherwise you'd cry. Grim viewing. One of the girls was at school, but never went - turned up at the army offices and soon realised she actually needed grades. Then went to connections and basically said she didnt have a clue what she wanted to do. No suprise when they get themselves pregnant and get subsidised housing on Falinge out of their dole money. "Oh, we'll be policemen." - with your record and openly admitting to the copper that you took part in an assault. Of course you will.

The question I wanted answered is who the hell shagged the one with no teeth to get her up the duff in the first place. Jeeze!

I know one of the parents on it - she used to work in my local. The one who was going on to her kid, "do you know i'm irish." - basically using that as her excuse as to why she was thick as pig:censored:.

Sums up this town quite frankly. Especially the amount of racism coming out of the girls mouths.

You had to laugh, otherwise you'd cry. Grim viewing. One of the girls was at school, but never went - turned up at the army offices and soon realised she actually needed grades. Then went to connections and basically said she didnt have a clue what she wanted to do. No suprise when they get themselves pregnant and get subsidised housing on Falinge out of their dole money. "Oh, we'll be policemen." - with your record and openly admitting to the copper that you took part in an assault. Of course you will.

The question I wanted answered is who the hell shagged the one with no teeth to get her up the duff in the first place. Jeeze!

I know one of the parents on it - she used to work in my local. The one who was going on to her kid, "do you know i'm irish." - basically using that as her excuse as to why she was thick as pig:censored:.

Sums up this town quite frankly. Especially the amount of racism coming out of the girls mouths.

Brought back my benefit fraud days that did. Only way of stopping this crap is to cancel unemployment benefiits.

Is it me, or did someone not confess to being a peadophile on the telly there?

It was the her second kid on the way which made me even more sick! Two people (i presume two has the first "person" cant be that desperate) have shagged the one yellow tooth Rochdale monster, that is sooooo wrong.

the problem is the government is just throwing money at them and calling it help

im claiming employment benefit but desperate for a new job and they dont help you anymore,

i get my name called out i go to them they ask me to sign a book and get me out of their as fast as possible, without even checking what ive done!

and when i ask for help its like ive just told them i want to punch them in the face,

its so easy for them to get money which is why they stay at home,

I think they should be forced to do community service to earn their money, say for example 5/6 hours a week, gets them into a routine and active, increases their chances of getting a job aswell

the problem is the government is just throwing money at them and calling it help

im claiming employment benefit but desperate for a new job and they dont help you anymore,

i get my name called out i go to them they ask me to sign a book and get me out of their as fast as possible, without even checking what ive done!

and when i ask for help its like ive just told them i want to punch them in the face,

its so easy for them to get money which is why they stay at home,

I think they should be forced to do community service to earn their money, say for example 5/6 hours a week, gets them into a routine and active, increases their chances of getting a job aswell

I definitely think the idea of community/volunteer work should be explored for those long-term unmemployed. However, I think it those on the 'sick' who are probably the biggest drain and it's very hard to get some of those back in to work.

I definitely think the idea of community/volunteer work should be explored for those long-term unmemployed. However, I think it those on the 'sick' who are probably the biggest drain and it's very hard to get some of those back in to work.

What about all those people who do volunteer work because it looks good on their CV, its almost mandatory for some degree courses (I know it is 'mandatory' for medicine), what's going to happen to them?

Those people on the sick however is an interesting one, Doctors (who often have a very big say in what goes on with sickness absence) find it very hard to say to someone- no your not ill, you're faking. This is because if some other doctor (or more likely two) says actually yes they are ill you can be sued and it reflects badly on your career. It would be a lot easier to find people jobs they can do whilst they are on the sick- if someone is sitting down watching telly because they are sick (say for example with a bad back) given the right conditions they could sit down and work a computer. Plus no doubt training will have to be given along with the madatory health and safety stuff. I think a good place to start though would be those people who are on benefits (often with children/dependents but not always) who would like to work but when you factor in all the other costs (like travel/child care) it actually is more beneficial for them to be on benefits. Whilst I'm all in favour of people having benefits for having children (perhaps given our population situation we should be doing more to encourage people to have more- but that's a seperate socio-economic debate) I don't think anyone should be living on benefits because its actually a better option than being in work. However, how do you regulate this... you will struggle to cut benefits more (that's not exactly a vote winner- and the unemployed vote more than the employed), you can't say to companies you must pay your staff this amount, or you must pay your staff with dependents this much (as that would be against equal rights) and you can't say to childcare people you must not charge more than this (as that goes against a free market).

What about all those people who do volunteer work because it looks good on their CV, its almost mandatory for some degree courses (I know it is 'mandatory' for medicine), what's going to happen to them?

Those people on the sick however is an interesting one, Doctors (who often have a very big say in what goes on with sickness absence) find it very hard to say to someone- no your not ill, you're faking. This is because if some other doctor (or more likely two) says actually yes they are ill you can be sued and it reflects badly on your career. It would be a lot easier to find people jobs they can do whilst they are on the sick- if someone is sitting down watching telly because they are sick (say for example with a bad back) given the right conditions they could sit down and work a computer. Plus no doubt training will have to be given along with the madatory health and safety stuff. I think a good place to start though would be those people who are on benefits (often with children/dependents but not always) who would like to work but when you factor in all the other costs (like travel/child care) it actually is more beneficial for them to be on benefits. Whilst I'm all in favour of people having benefits for having children (perhaps given our population situation we should be doing more to encourage people to have more- but that's a seperate socio-economic debate) I don't think anyone should be living on benefits because its actually a better option than being in work. However, how do you regulate this... you will struggle to cut benefits more (that's not exactly a vote winner- and the unemployed vote more than the employed), you can't say to companies you must pay your staff this amount, or you must pay your staff with dependents this much (as that would be against equal rights) and you can't say to childcare people you must not charge more than this (as that goes against a free market).

Bloody hell - what a long way to express a very simple fact. If GPs, showed a bit of balls in return for their hugely paid, mostly regulation 9 - 5 box ticking jobs, the UK economy wouldn't be facing around a million people who will live on benefits and never work again, whilst breeding a generation fresh to take over from them them. It's not just down to the doctors, I know, but it sort of is... So many of them got off because their bad back etc but I wonder how many consider themselves too stressed to get a job?

Patient: I'm not fit to work

Doctor: What's up with you?

Patient: Same stuff as I said last time I needed you to sign a form, whatever it was

Doctor: OK. I would chat longer but I'm off on a luxury holiday to Mars.

Bloody hell - what a long way to express a very simple fact. If GPs, showed a bit of balls in return for their hugely paid, mostly regulation 9 - 5 box ticking jobs, the UK economy wouldn't be facing around a million people who will live on benefits and never work again, whilst breeding a generation fresh to take over from them them. It's not just down to the doctors, I know, but it sort of is... So many of them got off because their bad back etc but I wonder how many consider themselves too stressed to get a job?

Patient: I'm not fit to work

Doctor: What's up with you?

Patient: Same stuff as I said last time I needed you to sign a form, whatever it was

Doctor: OK. I would chat longer but I'm off on a luxury holiday to Mars.

I know what you are saying Lees, (although personally I don't think Mars would be my cup of tee :wink: ), and maybe that's the problem. A lot of people can just go to a doctor and say that and the doctor signs them off- I doubt any doctor would be that flippant about it but its probably not over exaggerrated by that much for some. This gets round the skivers and soon that doctor is full of people like that and they get too busy to notice. There are some people for whom although nothing physically is wrong with them they really struggle to do anything and often these get labelled as skivers when in some cases they are legitimate. There are also a whole bunch of people who's problem is more of a mental health thing but they have physical symptoms (the posh name is called somatization) which are just as bad/ worse than the same symptoms who have something specific but more related which is causing them. It takes more than 10 minutes to actually work out that this is the problem and so if you see Doctor a one week, but don't see the same Doctor (due to scheduling not because they are on thier jollies) for a few weeks no one really gets to the bottom of it (and neither do the hospital docs either- unless you get a reallly really good one). Its also not that hard to fake injuries well enough that some doctors wouldn't notice, after all you only have to act hurt for 10 minutes and unless the doctor does a specific test or puts all the pieces together quick enough you get away with it. Doctors do this a fair bit though so I wouldn't want to risk it.

The problem is its not the done thing for a Doctor to live in exactly the same community as their patients, (so its no so easy for a doctor to see someone is faking) and there are many doctors out there who whilst being quite idealistic when they start about being ultra vigilent against skivers become very cynical as they gain experience (which i would guess is the same for a lot of occupations). As they realise that if they say no to patient X then patient X will soon move practices or doctors to someone who won't say no. So it doesn't make that much difference. Its not the doctors fault that people in society are going to try and cheat the system, they just try to stop it if they see its going on. But what ends up happening is that the areas where skiving is a big problem get worse and they don't become attractive areas for doctors to work in. This means that they get the worse doctors who simply aren't good enough (or don't care enough- which is essentially the same thing) to stop the situation as it spirals out of control. This is what's happening in some parts of every major area in the country that the doctors who are currently there struggle to stop the spiral which was started before they were born and wasn't stopped by people long since dead- that's not the current doctor's fault.

As to your point about how much doctors get paid, I would agree doctors do get paid a lot- but if doctors got paid less so would everyone in the NHS and then everyone in the country since I would say 95% of salaries are linked like that. The government thought it was a good idea to give doctors a huge pay rise at the same time they were re-organising services for 'efficency' so for a lot of doctors they got a huge pay rise whilst they started working more sociable hours (i.e. 9 to 5). If you were a doctor wouldn't you say Yes to being paid more for doing less awkward work- the ones that didn't were the ones who had already got a cushty deal or because of the nature of their job weren't going to see the benefits as much as others. We've had this discussion before and whilst you think doctors get paid obscene amounts for doing naff all work I say you don't know enough doctors. I could bemoan the amount you get paid for doing whatever job you do (which I think you are quite experienced at) but I don't as I'm not sure exactly what you do or the specifics of the job. I'd guess the same for you for what a doctor actually does (as opposed to what you think they do). Lets agree to disagree on the earnings of those who work damn hard to become and stay doctors.

you will struggle to cut benefits more (that's not exactly a vote winner- and the unemployed vote more than the employed),

First I've heard of this. Off what I've noticed on this type of thing the unemployed don't vote at all (in the big scheme of things) as they are at the end of their gardens getting launched on cans of speshul brew or can't be arsed getting up before half ten (at night).

• 3 weeks later...

being on the sick isnt the only 'trick' they know either. Benefit fruad, financial fraud, identity theft. They are more of a drain on us taxpayers than you would like to imagine. A very large percentage of my successful prosecutions end in TIC (taken into consioderation) as more serious offences like benefit fraud are investigated... what happens .. you may ask. A conditional caution or at best a suspended sentence. There are few if any deterrants these days as the CPS refuse to prosecute unless its 100% guarenteed they are gonna win. Add to that that they are responsible for most hoaxing crimes too after the dogbreath woman is left jilted. My day in the office is becoming more and more like a bastard child of Jerry Springer meets Trisha and Jeremy Kyle :grin: and although not in the least bit funny the fact that my office boasts more fraud investigators than the whole of the Northern territory in the police force and we only have 7 !!!!

Crime doesnt pay, but the hours are good !!!!