great win,,,season starts here

Great result, we don't get much down in that there London.

I expect it to be quiet on here, what will the doom & gloomers do with their evening?

Now if only one of those pens was given against County last week, they would have been hanging themseleves right now.

I expect it to be quiet on here, what will the doom & gloomers do with their evening?

Now if only one of those pens was given against County last week, they would have been hanging themseleves right now.

Yes should have won last week but we will play worse and win during the course of the season.

As you say a great win today and it would appear we gave a good account of ourselves having listened to he radio. Perhaps some of those people you mentioned above will now get off their backsides and support the team this season in more numbers.

Dave Penney seems very shrewd. I like the way he made use of the subs today and the lads seem to be showing a greater passion this season.

Come on you blues. :grin:

Fantastic result. We played well without ever looking really troubled, Abbot looked awesome, he seemed to win every ball that was punted up to him and scored a great first goal. Not sure who was at fault for the goal, there was some mis-communication between Brill and Gregan but not sure who's fault. Brill made some good saves but once or twice was again a bit hesitant in coming out to claim.

For me MOTM was Holdsworth, played well at right back was unlucky to be booked but looked really good in midfield in the second half, looked very composed and found a lot of space and good coming forward.

Furman was full of running again particularly in the last 15 mins when we really needed it, my only criticism is sometimes he tries a long pass when a simple one would be the better option.

Overall we played well and there were no bad performances, taylor was a bit quiet, Parker troubled them with his pace but then seemed to get side tracked with him running battle with Demitriou.

A great win that will hopefully kick start the season!

Well what can i say, half of the people on here were moaning we were :censored: in the week!

I went on tuesday, and came away from it really really miserable to be honest. I didn't look at certain threads on here, because I knew it'd just make me angry/depresssed.

While it wasn't good, I knew it would be wrong to overreact, think that that was as good as we were gonna be this season etc. There's lots of things you can point to as reasons we were off colour.

But anyway, it's experiences like that which make you appreciate results like today. And shows it's wrong to be so critical so soon.

In the same fashion, however, this is only a start, and there's a long way to 50, then to 70, to 80!

This evening is indeed one to be enjoyed though. :grin:

Furman was full of running again particularly in the last 15 mins when we really needed it, my only criticism is sometimes he tries a long pass when a simple one would be the better option.

Was my MOTM last week, however this above he did twice vs Stockport late on. Possibly a little bit of exuberance, last week I put it down to us pressing hard and rushing and him trying a little bit too hard. Just needs a little word in his ear to relax a little in the heat of battle....gotta say, I think we've got a real star in Furman. Early days tho...

Edited by boundaryblue80

Was my MOTM last week, however this above he did twice vs Stockport late on. Possibly a little bit of exuberance, last week I put it down to us pressing hard and rushing and him trying a little bit too hard. Just needs a little word in his ear to relax a little in the heat of battle....gotta say, I think we've got a real star in Furman. Early days tho...

Yes exactly my thoughts, hope it's not his superstar status going to his head, to be fair he did this early on then settled down, and really knuckled in when we were under pressure the last 15 mins, his family were sat behind me today, maybe i should have had a quiet word with his mum! :D

Well what can i say, half of the people on here were moaning we were :censored: in the week!

To be fair most of people moaning we were :censored: midweek will have only been saying as that is what they saw for themselves and alot of those same people will have gone down to orient today. Me my feet were on the ground after tuesday and thats where they are staying tonight too.

However it is a good win important for Penney to get his first one and important for this teams development plus its important for Abbot to to get on the scoresheet strikers live and die by the goals they score. Plus I always think it gives confidence to the rest of the team knowing they have a striker who can score as they know if they do their job they always have a punchers chance of winning the game knowing that the guy uptop can nick a goal and win the game.

a good win yes, however if you read the report on latics site, gregan and brill at fault for their 1st goal and hazell also poor headed backpass almost cost us another. gregan also dropped a bollock in the 2nd half which almost cost us. we also struggled to cope with some of their side and got 4 or 5 booked today.looks like the partnership between furman and abbott will give goals, but the defence still cause me to chew my fingernails. we shouldnt get too carried away just yet.

Huddersfield fan here, glad to hear you got your first win under your belt, im sure a lot of hudders fans like myself will be watching out for your scores every week, because you have some former fans favourites at your club in Holdsworth Abbott and Worthington (dont get us started on parker!). Its good to see Abbott scoring again, because I remember that when he was confident he was a very exciting player to watch!

.......we also struggled to cope with some of their side and got 4 or 5 booked today.

Looks like the partnership between furman and abbott will give goals, but the defence still cause me to chew my fingernails. we shouldnt get too carried away just yet.

Re the bookings, the ref was whistle and card happy today, definately on an ego trip

Agree, the Furman Abbot partnership looks VERY promising :D

Edited by laticsrblue