How many will travel...

The three London games in a row is a ballache, especially if you're not moving down until the end of September :angry:

I'm guessing a fair few, including myself, are choosing just the one to head down to, and that one will be Brentford.

This season will see the fewest numbers travelling over the entire season in many a year I reckon. The amount of long aways this season is unprecendented for me. Number of Tics at Millwall my guess is 147.

EDIT: The club must be bracing itself against likewise visiting BP.

Edited by Lags

This season will see the fewest numbers travelling over the entire season in many a year I reckon. The amount of long aways this season is unprecendented for me. Number of Tics at Millwall my guess is 147.

School holidays may ensure that more people travel than would in term time (myself included).

Really? I'd have thought if the majority of games are down south then that would make northern games for the southern fans more affordable. We'll see.

I would have thought that, all the local derbies would leave more £££ to do a big trip to BP etc

Was disappointing when i get up the steps on saturday and looked up, thought first away day in the sun we'd take 5/600 - based on saturday if 200 turn up it'll be a good show

Recession, stoopid prices on the train banning last minuters, the coach is grossly over-priced. My first away game will probably be Charlton - the distances involved this year, equating to the cost and other commitments and the boredom factor of the same teams year after year means that 10 years ago, I'd have been there now the costs in terms of time and money means it's hard to justify. I usually go to 15-20 away games a season last season it was 10, this season it's likely to be less - although i'm eyeing up Bristol Rovers suspiciously in September.

ps.

Carlisle the other night is a case in point, crap first round cup-tie weakened team £12 to get in, £18 coach no reductions for kids proggy, beer, possibly a meal - so even for a :censored:ty league cup tie for me and my boy (ok reduced admin for him) be looking at not much change out of £100. The only away games he'll be going to this season may be The Boundary Blues subsidised ones.

Be lucky if there's 200 at The New Den...Brentford? Well i'm going camping with the family that weekend, rather get pissed wet through in a field than stood on a terrace in west London (again)

I'll see you down there old man

I would have thought that, all the local derbies would leave more £££ to do a big trip to BP etc

Really? Don’t see it working like that myself. If we were playing away at some random Northern town tomorrow night, my expenses would amount to a number of off licence beers, because I wouldn’t be going, as it is I will be spending £20 in, about a fiver travel and a considerable number of beers at over £3 a pop. Doesn’t save me any money to get up to Oldham with :unsure:

Recession, stoopid prices on the train banning last minuters, the coach is grossly over-priced. My first away game will probably be Charlton - the distances involved this year, equating to the cost and other commitments and the boredom factor of the same teams year after year means that 10 years ago, I'd have been there now the costs in terms of time and money means it's hard to justify. I usually go to 15-20 away games a season last season it was 10, this season it's likely to be less - although i'm eyeing up Bristol Rovers suspiciously in September.

ps.

Carlisle the other night is a case in point, crap first round cup-tie weakened team £12 to get in, £18 coach no reductions for kids proggy, beer, possibly a meal - so even for a :censored:ty league cup tie for me and my boy (ok reduced admin for him) be looking at not much change out of £100. The only away games he'll be going to this season may be The Boundary Blues subsidised ones.

Be lucky if there's 200 at The New Den...Brentford? Well i'm going camping with the family that weekend, rather get pissed wet through in a field than stood on a terrace in west London (again)

It wasn't a dig at people for not going, all the reasons mentioned are entirely valid - It was just a bit of a gutter from an atmosphere/football point of view (initially) we've all done aways when others haven't and vice versa

Just spent the morning bigging up our away support to a liverpool fan who turned out for the game