Chris Taylor

If there is any truth in this...................is his performance affecting the rest of the team? If Tay wants to go to Leeds, what would you want? Pull him from the team and let him go or risk him affecting the rest of the teams performance? Has he got his eyes on a salary doubled.......within travelling distance too............

If there is any truth in this...................is his performance affecting the rest of the team? If Tay wants to go to Leeds, what would you want? Pull him from the team and let him go or risk him affecting the rest of the teams performance? Has he got his eyes on a salary doubled.......within travelling distance too............

cant it just be, hes not fully fit, has a knock of some sort and is low on confidence.... and it has nothing at all to do with any other club

sometimes people try to read to much into things

He's a proper arse if he does want to go to L***s. And he calls himself an Oldham fan!

He's a proper arse if he does want to go to L***s. And he calls himself an Oldham fan!

id leave oldham for leeds if they doubled my money and ive supported them longer than taylor.

he should do the sensible thing for his future whatever

And there lies the problem of football these days. Its ALL about the money.

not just football mate, thats life

oh and in the next 10 years of taylors career he would have more chance of success at leeds, i hate it but it is true

true,

I hear leeds after taylor again, doubt it very much though, another club wants a left winger so the papers automatically think taylor moving is a done deal,

never mind if the club says e is staying here or if taylor says he is staying here,

at the end of the day any club with more money than us needs a winger then the papers will always say "taylor ready to move to X FC"

At which point in terms of salary wise (amount) does it become a non issue? meaning if I earned 25K per annum now and a firm offered me 35K for the same job the 10K to me would be massive. Whereas John Terry earning 150K a week (and should never need work again at that amount after football) was offered 200K to move, is the 50K really that big a pull?

Edited by Lags

At which point in terms of salary wise (amount) does it become a non issue? meaning if I earned 25K per annum now and a firm offered me 35K for the same job the 10K to me would be massive. Whereas John Terry earning 150K a week (and should never need work again at that amount after football) was offered 200K to move, is the 50K really that big a pull?

Well it is £2.6 million a year extra. Over a 4 year deal thats £10.4 million. Even if your a millionaire, you'd be pretty daft to turn that kind of money down. Though fair play to JT, he's stayed with Chelsea and not chased the money safe in the knowladge that he will be a very rich man for the rest of natural life.

As for Taylor, I'd hate to speculate what he's on but I'd hazard a guess that Leeds would be tripling his wages at the very least. Its only a short carreer and it can be cut even shorter with one bad tackle so in fairness to him (and all lower league players) they have to look after themselves first.

Depends on the individual. Money is the biggest factor in any move look at Carlos Tevez However it is not the be all and end all for example John Terry. Thats the decision Taylor has to make and so to do TTA who will have their price if we sold him for 1million plus the sale of eardley lets say 350k for arguments sake that effectively that would cover our losses until about 2011 However we would need to replace the quality that those two bring to the side so that the team is worth coming and watching.

As for the player himself well if he went for a seven figure sum we should say thanks chris and all the best better him do that than run down his contract like so many do.