Orients goal Sat

Maybe Brill shouted that he wanted it!

sssh it always has to be Gregan's fault :grin:

I'd say a mixture of the two, as a defender i wouldn't just let a ball heading diagonally toward goal through if i could easily deal with it unless i had a strong early shout from the keeper. So that suggests Brill. But then i think just deal with it, row z. So maybe Gregan

You know what...

I DONT GIVE A HOOT!

Gregan was immense other than that moment, and Brill didnt poot a foot wrong either... concentrating on that mistake detracts from what was a great team performance...

Let it go... its one of those things that happens and was 50/50... we dont need to have someone to blame.... we won the game....

You know what...

I DONT GIVE A HOOT!

Gregan was immense other than that moment, and Brill didnt poot a foot wrong either... concentrating on that mistake detracts from what was a great team performance...

Let it go... its one of those things that happens and was 50/50... we dont need to have someone to blame.... we won the game....

True we won, but we need it sorting as simple giveaway ggoals like that cost us last season.

So it will be interesting to see the reaction/improvement. I'd say last season there was not much of an improvement/reaction to sloppy goals.

But you are right it must not detract from a great result. Hopefully Penney will be concentrating ont hat rather than letting them give themselves a slap on the back and rest on their laurels.

sssh it always has to be Gregan's fault :grin:

I'd say a mixture of the two, as a defender i wouldn't just let a ball heading diagonally toward goal through if i could easily deal with it unless i had a strong early shout from the keeper. So that suggests Brill. But then i think just deal with it, row z. So maybe Gregan

That's it for me too - a combo of the 2 of them BUT; in the end it mattered not one jot; but it could have done. Sloppy weak as pee goals need to be cut out; they cost us so many points last season.

if brill didnt shout for it,,,,,,,,,,WHY THE F--K DIDNT HE

it was his ball all day long

Nonsense, Gregan was the nearest and Brill could see he had it under control. Just admit , for once, that Gregan got it wrong (assuming that's allowed) and move on!!!

According to another poster, Brill shouted 'away' so that must have confused the big man!!!

I spoke to DP after the game as he came up to the directors bar where i was sat (partners family hosted me for the day) apparently the call from Brill was 'AWAY' and it was misheard/ignored/too late therfore resulting in the goal, apparently Gregan held his hands up straight away and apologised.. DP wasn't too upset, as you can imagine 3pts away from home but did make the pont that mistakes will happen for a while longer whilst new players get to know existing players and alike

I think that what happened is the player ran from the midfield,

while the defence were concentrating on the strikers already in the box none of them noticed him running in,

I think a shout should have come from the midfield warning of a player running into the box

How about you simply look at who was the nearest Latics player to the ball!!! He had it covered but didn't deal with it. Only one person is to blame and it ain't the Brill. Hazell, Gilbert or any of the midfield.

Funny thing is, if it was Hazell who made the same error, this topic would probably run into several pages with some fans preparing to burn him at the stake.

I think that what happened is the player ran from the midfield,

while the defence were concentrating on the strikers already in the box none of them noticed him running in,

I think a shout should have come from the midfield warning of a player running into the box

Here's a new idea. Why didn't a Midfielder simply track his run?

if brill didnt shout for it,,,,,,,,,,WHY THE F--K DIDNT HE

it was his ball all day long

If it was his ball all day long how come the Orient attacker got there first? It was never getting to Brill no matter what he shouted!

How about you simply look at who was the nearest Latics player to the ball!!! He had it covered but didn't deal with it. Only one person is to blame and it ain't the Brill. Hazell, Gilbert or any of the midfield.

Funny thing is, if it was Hazell who made the same error, this topic would probably run into several pages with some fans preparing to burn him at the stake.

Let it go Mike, it's not healthy.

Let it go Mike, it's not healthy.

I did do once, but people are still challenging the bleedin' obvious.

The funny thing is, I'm more angry with his supporters than the bloke himself.

Anyway, at least he held his hand up in the dressing room!!!

I will say no more on the subject unless...................................