Dean Brill

A hopeful ball long over the Latics back line looked to be Brill's to claim, the Latics keeper instead backing off and allowing the outnumbering Millwall players time to create

we need a new keeper, one who will come off his line. this guys days are numbered.

A hopeful ball long over the Latics back line looked to be Brill's to claim, the Latics keeper instead backing off and allowing the outnumbering Millwall players time to create

Sounds as though the predicted hesitancy and reluctance to come off his line has come true. A good keeper commands his box and is decisive.

I fear the fans are now actually against Brill.....like Eardley some would just refuse to like him no matter what. If this is the case it's a shame, because when our fans turn on a player it inevitably ends with said player leaving. Brill could be a good keeper, and he should be given more than 3 games before we pass judgement on him.

He's still only 23, the guy doesn't need his confidence taking away by the fans, that won't benefit either of us. We need a chant for him.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I fear the fans are now actually against Brill.....like Eardley some would just refuse to like him no matter what. If this is the case it's a shame, because when our fans turn on a player it inevitably ends with said player leaving. Brill could be a good keeper, and he should be given more than 3 games before we pass judgement on him.

He's still only 23, the guy doesn't need his confidence taking away by the fans, that won't benefit either of us. We need a chant for him.

To the Tune of Sting's 'An Englishman in New York'

Woah! He's Dean Brill,

He's Dean Brill,

He's our Goalie with an apt name.

Or something else....

The Millwall fans on another forum say it was our defenders inability to clear that cost us the first goal, and the second was just a good break away goal.

The lack of creativity worries me, apparently we had most of the possesion tonight. Missing Smalley badly- or anyone that is comfortable on the right wing. Holdsworth is a decent player but no right winger!

Gregan was f**king useless for there 2nd goal, just stands still lets the ball come over his head, gets headed back over him, still doesn't make an effort to get there or mark Harris, free easy header, we might have already more a less lost but still ....

Another we must not blame Gregan at all costs topic...anyone listening Latics player will have heard Gordon shreik as he hashes his clearance and a few seconds later the balls in our net. Must blame Brill tho........

Im not blaming him as I wasnt there , I just read the match report that seemed to put the blame on Brill

Back problems don't go away after a few weeks.

We need a loanee right winger to replace Smalley or a left winger and put Taylor on the right..... Why isn't Taylor on the RW anyway????

Because he can only cut inside onto his right to shoot, put him on the right and he doesn;t like going round the outside and if he cuts in his left foot isn't the strongest

The Millwall fans on another forum say it was our defenders inability to clear that cost us the first goal, and the second was just a good break away goal.
They are right. People writing off Brill appear not to have seen the match and are doing so purely on a bad call from the writer of the official report who I had a go at in another thread for vastly over-exaggerating some incidents. In the matches I have seen, he has been fine. Give the guy a chance. And make your own minds up when you see him play, don’t rely on reports from people who may not have the depth of experience or judgment to write an accurate report.

Back problems don't go away after a few weeks.

We need a loanee right winger to replace Smalley or a left winger and put Taylor on the right..... Why isn't Taylor on the RW anyway????

Could work with taylor on right and steer on the left..

but steer out injured atm

whats happenin with him anyway now?

heard the op was successful but how long will he be out for?

Did he make another hash ?

Just got back and though he had a good game, although i missed the first goal

Typical that you make the post asking if he made a hash when he had a good game..... w@nker

There really is a lack of love of fellow tics on this board - surely we're all pissing in the same pot? Too much brownie point scoring, I go on a few other message boards, notably Tranmere and Hudds, they seem to get on, they have their debates but don't resort to petty name calling and offering fellow blues 'out' after-school.

FFS people get a grip, it's supposed to an Oldham Athletic fans' online community, it's more like virtual feckin' care in the community! :ranting:

Too much like the old official board on here...

Edited by oafcprozac

Just got back and though he had a good game, although i missed the first goal

Typical that you make the post asking if he made a hash when he had a good game..... w@nker

Haha if you read on I asked the question because of what the match report said ,

Well done OWTB warrior

Too much like the old official board on here...

Nail and head.

It's why new boards start. People of a like mind set up meeting point on Internet for intelligent banter. Word of mouth (or link) gets about. Even idiots find out and start to gather. Original people leave to start new board for like minded to meet on Internet.

No stopping it now I'm afraid.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Had enough of our fans jumping on players backs straight away, he didn't even go to the game but feels compelled to create a thread about brill making a hash preempting the response, not ask about his performance. like has been said previously in this thread, now that eardleys gone the boo boys need someone to target. Byfield and Brill seem to be the main targets when they havn't had much time to prove themselves. Byfield has only had one start and Brill hasn't been too busy in net, but when called upon at Millwall he made some good saves that kept us in the game when Millwall could have killed the game off, was harsh to finish the game 2 down but i guess thats the price we paid for going all out to get that goal. Maybe petty name calling was out of order but i've seriously had enough of people jumping on players backs, chances are the players read this board or hear what goes around and to have the first thing you read/hear after you have had a good game is about you making a hash is hardly going to be confidence inspiring, similar to but not in the same league as eardley hearing DIE EARDLEY on his first touch of the ball..... i bet he couldnt wait to get away from this club.

I've been around on these boards for years, canadian one, jk latics now this. Just reading and rarely posting. Too many people who seem to think they have some sort of status or are above people because of their post count or what they think they have done for the club. Won't rise to that crap, but one thing i will do is stick up for one of our players