I never leave early no matter how bad its gotton. And the biggest reason is i've spent 20 quid to be there and i'm determined to get every miserable/angry/happy/mystified/jubilant moment i can because thats alot of money!! Plus it's the magic of footbal than any thing can happen in the dieing seconds of a game so why leave? Your only hurting yourself!

I never leave early no matter how bad its gotton. And the biggest reason is i've spent 20 quid to be there and i'm determined to get every miserable/angry/happy/mystified/jubilant moment i can because thats alot of money!! Plus it's the magic of footbal than any thing can happen in the dieing seconds of a game so why leave? Your only hurting yourself!

Good point there BJBLUE :chubb:

How can anyone argue legitimately with that philosophy?

Rather than invading the pitch to give Dean Brill a chinese burn, I left when they made it 1-1. :blush:

I'm always storming out of grounds early. I get a bit bratty over these things.....can't bear the roar of the opposition fans and seeing Latics lose. To suggest those that roll their eyes and watch the last few minutes are better fans than the likes of me is ridiculous. Those that stand up to sing and encourage are, but not those who take it all with a pinch of salt and keep their emotions in check.

That's me too. I stand there as miserable as a Yorkshireman and take it all to the bitter end. Also if I know I'm going to be pissed off at the end I figure I may as well take the chance that we'll somehow fluke a result or even just a consolation goal to make me feel better. If you leave at a terrible point in the game it's 100% sure that you leave pissed off, there is always a chance that something better will happen.

a man on my wavelength :applause1::imnotworthy::sign0173:

i walked out after swindon took the lead yesterday and it is the first time i have ever done so. i was utterly furious that we had just gifted them what seemed to be a winning goal that they absolutely did not deserve. i didn't sing about how crap they were and i didn't hurl abuse at any of the players. i simply walked out and had a shout and moan outside the ground instead. then i heard the dull roar that told me we had equalized and i was gutted and obviously it was my own fault. but there's no way i'm going to accept being called a lesser fan than anyone else just because i walked out once.

Replace Gregan with Carlton Cole and we'd have a wonderful playmaking CB pairing.

Haha I thought Carlton Coles backpass was better than Rubes actually, I sat there watching MOTD last night and saw it........flashback to Saturday, 30 yards through to Defoe, take a bow CC, bit more convincing needed to Capello before an England shirt becomes a regular thing for him IMO.

i walked out after swindon took the lead yesterday and it is the first time i have ever done so. i was utterly furious that we had just gifted them what seemed to be a winning goal that they absolutely did not deserve. i didn't sing about how crap they were and i didn't hurl abuse at any of the players. i simply walked out and had a shout and moan outside the ground instead. then i heard the dull roar that told me we had equalized and i was gutted and obviously it was my own fault. but there's no way i'm going to accept being called a lesser fan than anyone else just because i walked out once.

Eeeee its not over til the fat lady sings, hope you caught it on the highlights Sat pm/ Sun am :grin: I wouldnt say you were a less of a fan than those who stayed til the end but little more patience and perhaps finger tapping on the knee before walking out next time eh? :wink:

These people leaving early make me laugh...it's like going to the Cinema...watching a film that's 96 minutes long and walking out after 93 minutes...utterly pointless!

??? ive never seen anyone leave early in a cinema ???

the only thing ive got against gregan is that he doesnt talk people through the game he only bollocks them when they have done something wrong... watch and you will see

Edited by kellysheroes

QUOTE (BJBlue @ Aug 23 2009, 12:35 PM)

a man on my wavelength :applause1::imnotworthy::sign0173:

I have left early twice:

Cardiff at home (that game) and Citeh when we lost 5-2 - I don't think I was hurting myself at all - it felt good to get out of there <_<

Fair enough, everyone deals with the pain of latics in their own way and it dosn't make people lesser fans if they do leave, at least they came to the match. It's the people who can't be bothered to turn up who are the lesser fans (legitimate reasons excluded of course)

QUOTE (BJBlue @ Aug 23 2009, 12:35 PM)

I have left early twice:

Cardiff at home (that game) and Citeh when we lost 5-2 - I don't think I was hurting myself at all - it felt good to get out of there <_<

I can understand that to be fair if we are being battered and the game is over as a contest I won't hold it against anyone for leaving. I won't ever leave early though when their is only 1 goal in it and the contest isn't yet done aslong as their is that chance its worth staying for no matter how badly we are playing their is always that chance of 1 bit of luck which can get you something from the game.