Taylor to Leeds again (from a Leeds view)

This story has started to become heavy this end that he will be joining us within the week, 500k. Im not sure what you have heard your end but my mate who works at Thorpe Arch training ground says there is talk in the office.(nothing official though). I do know Simon Grayson is a massive fan and we missed out on Adam Hammill 2 weeks ago who plays in the same position and Leeds are in a good position to go up after the 3rd year here. I do know Taylor is an Oldham fan though so who knows and I guess its up to him to be part of a team that could win the league this year.

Ive a feeling he will be a Leeds player by next week.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This story has started to become heavy this end that he will be joining us within the week, 500k. Im not sure what you have heard your end but my mate who works at Thorpe Arch training ground says there is talk in the office.(nothing official though). I do know Simon Grayson is a massive fan and we missed out on Adam Hammill 2 weeks ago who plays in the same position and Leeds are in a good position to go up after the 3rd year here. I do know Taylor is an Oldham fan though so who knows and I guess its up to him to be part of a team that could win the league this year.

He would not pass the medical.

Give us a million plus 20% sell on clause and you can have him.

Seems like the same rumour doing the rounds, based on this morning's Daily Star.

It didn't take a genius to work out Leeds would be interested, especially after they sold Delph. If he does go there (of all places) it'll show a degree of professionalism abotu his career that I wasn't sure he had - i.e. head very much over heart and club allegiances! (And as far as I'm concerned for a professional footballer that is a good thing - bollocks to all this loyalty nonsense, that's just a fable dreamt up by feeble minded fans).

absolutely no loyalty in football, if hes an Oldham fan or not

If we accept a decent enough bid for him then good luck to the lad

Getting a decent fee seems to be a big problem for us though. £500k is not enough in my book.

It's time we got tough and got a fair price for once instead of giving our assets away (trotman excluded).

Teams on a par with us seem to fare far better in the transfer market :angry:

Getting a decent fee seems to be a big problem for us though. £500k is not enough in my book.

It's time we got tough and got a fair price for once instead of giving our assets away (trotman excluded).

Teams on a par with us seem to fare far better in the transfer market :angry:

EXACTLY!

Players have one good season and are snapped up, but at a fair/mad price depending on how you see it.

Cox from swindon = 1.5-3m

Delph - 8m!!

Jackson gillingham - valued 1.5m

Maynard - 2.25m

It seems (trotman aside which was a good deal for only 20 games) clubs come in offering measily amounts and we say 'oooh yes go on then'

the examples above, maybe delph aside as it is 'leeds' show clubs say 'cox - 2m' and they wont even entertain for 1 second anything less than that from other clubs.

'Taylor - 1m minimum' is what we should say and nothing else, the way we sell players for peanuts makes me cringe.

on another note, oh wouldnt the Micah money come in handy now...!

Edited by shefflatic

If we sell Taylor we have 1 remaining winger who is injured.... going to lose the faith in the club unless something is done about it.

I personally would expect 1 million plus add ons, and would also expect to see Penney given a good proportion of the money to bring in a replacement and other reinforcements.

If I'm being honest, I'd be gutted if Latics forked out a million on a player of Chris Taylor's standard (He no doubt has his good games but I'm yet to be fully convinced by the lad). Being realistic, the very best I can see us getting is 750k with sell ons and even that is unlikely.

If I'm being honest, I'd be gutted if Latics forked out a million on a player of Chris Taylor's standard (He no doubt has his good games but I'm yet to be fully convinced by the lad). Being realistic, the very best I can see us getting is 750k with sell ons and even that is unlikely.

Whether he is 'worth' 1m is a different argument in my opinion. Was Maynard worth 2.25 mill? Was Delph worth 8 mill? No, but I suppose that was the going rate at the time.

So at the mo, whats the going rate for a 23 year old winger whom

- is regarded by many

- can play play on either flank, also in cm and up front if needed, even shez used him as an emergency fullback in a couple of games

- scored 11 goals from the wing last season

- is contracted to his current club until 2012, hence not exactly running the risk of losing him on a free

Going rate in my opinion is a hell of alot more than 500k.

The fact they are in the same division and are a rival and ripped villa off to the tune of £8m for Delph and are not exactly skint without even considering that. Think we should hold out for £1.5m+ sell on clauses...... no end of contract excuse this time for the TTA

If Leeds get hold of him and play him in his proper position they have a bargain at £1.5m. I just don't understand DP. Taylor prefers the right and would increase his value massively if played there regularily, and Parker prefers the left. Why not play them to get the best out of them!!!

I think it would be a good move for both the club and Taylor providing we get a minimum of £750K with ad ons and sell ons. He's been a good player here, probably our best for a couple of seasons. Yes, he's Oldham through and through but is by no means the finished article.

If Penney can get a sizeable chunk of the fee to re-invest in the team then it could be a good move and enable us to compete with the better teams in this division.

Glen Murray, Danny Jones, and a pacy centre back would do us nicely thankyou very much.......Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward and should it happen it could be the making of a better side!!!!.

we still going with the leeds thing?

its alright last year he was going to liverpool/Derby/Preston/Sheff Wednesday

the moment a team needs a winger then apparantly taylor going to them is a "done deal"

dont believe all you read in the sun/star/mirror/other crap they will always say anything without really checking if latics or taylor himself are interested,

what i think happened:

leeds made a shortlist of replacements for delph and taylor seemed the best deal out of em all, papers hear this and automatically say its definately going to happen

EXACTLY!

Players have one good season and are snapped up, but at a fair/mad price depending on how you see it.

Cox from swindon = 1.5-3m

Delph - 8m!!

Jackson gillingham - valued 1.5m

Maynard - 2.25m

It seems (trotman aside which was a good deal for only 20 games) clubs come in offering measily amounts and we say 'oooh yes go on then'

the examples above, maybe delph aside as it is 'leeds' show clubs say 'cox - 2m' and they wont even entertain for 1 second anything less than that from other clubs.

'Taylor - 1m minimum' is what we should say and nothing else, the way we sell players for peanuts makes me cringe.

on another note, oh wouldnt the Micah money come in handy now...!

Everytime city bring another one in i pray richards is offski :wink:

aye, if we were more financially stable they would know they would have to offer a fair price,

everyone knows lettin a player of that skill level go for that cheap is a steal

but teams accept it because they know no one will give them more and that even though its a cheap price; it will keep them in the black for a while

reason for edit: spelling

Edited by thelaticsfan

sorry to hear that i've heard the same. would be surprised if he's still here by the end of the window. maybe this is the first post where SpainBoys not talking pap after all?!

Grayson has said on the official site this morning that there will more than likely one or two of his targets to come in for competition places. the only places we need competition is left wing and right back. Whoever it is we will be signing a left winger that is good enough to give what we have competition.The only person that I now can think of that will tie in with that is Taylor. I really don't know if this is true but to be fair I wasn't sure if we were going to bring anyone else in until it was mentioned today on the O/S. I honestly think this deal is now looking likely but we will all find out in a week I guess.

sign him up grayson

Really it depends on how much.

I count myself as realistic. Anything less than £1M +20% we have let ourselves down.

People say would I pay that for him or a similar player. I can honestly say, yes. Yes I would.

IF it happens I would hope that the lad from Brighton would be looked at (he fits the Penney mould anyway). But being honest, Taylor is the only Oldham player I have ANY affinity with (maybe Gregan at a stretch). I would be devastated to see him go.

Really, of current fans, how many have Taylor as favourite player, I would guess over half.