Eardley money

are we going to see any of it paid out on a decent centre half?

or if Blackman turns out to be gash after his loan spell, are we going to see the money going on a proven goal scorer?

or is the money going to disappear, lets say on ground maintenance for a month?

thoughts on the eardley money?

or if Blackman turns out to be gash after his loan spell, are we going to see the money going on a proven goal scorer?

Pays off debt for some of the season (and last, and before) I would guess.

Quite possibly to cover the previous 1/2 million a year that the TTA are shelling out.

I hate to be the barer of bad news, but unless the TTA keep qriting the cheque we are a selling club to break even.

I wouldn't think any money would be made available to bring in anyone, Centre Half or otherwise, we may bring somebody in but probably on a free from somewhere.

It will probably just be offset against the clubs losses on weekly running costs.

We rarely pay a transfer fee for players these days and if we do they are relatively nominal.

Two aspects to the Eardley money.

1. Transfer fee - as mentioned, I suspect will do little more than be a big chunk towards balancing our books for the season.

2. Wage - on a more positive note, I reckon (hope) the overall wage budget will remain the same, which means the wage we paid Neal is now available.

very disappointing no?

a team that should be in the championship by now, are selling there 'best' players to balance the books.

and IMO are still going to struggle in this league for a while yet.

maybe next year a bit of the Eardley money might come out eh

very disappointing no?

a team that should be in the championship by now, are selling there 'best' players to balance the books.

and IMO are still going to struggle in this league for a while yet.

maybe next year a bit of the Eardley money might come out eh

Considering it wont even cover the losses for this year then no I very much doubt it will, unless we have a good cup run that generates a bit of extra income

Let's say it was £350k up front. Based on the last season or two and assuming it's all just pumped in to balance the books that still leaves us £150k down on the year. At best it means belt tightening can be a little slower.

Of course if Taylor goes too....

Let's say it was £350k up front. Based on the last season or two and assuming it's all just pumped in to balance the books that still leaves us £150k down on the year. At best it means belt tightening can be a little slower.

Of course if Taylor goes too....

Are we still losing that much though? We are playing with a vastly reduced budget this season so I can't see how the losses would be the same.

Are we still losing that much though? We are playing with a vastly reduced budget this season so I can't see how the losses would be the same.

exactly, the playing budget this year is a lot down on last seasons

so i find it puzzling that any of the Eardley money isnt available

I'm not sure where you get 'vastly' from.....Whilst it will be lower than last year it will still represent a fair amount, however the first real home crowd, derbies apart, of less than 4000 will not have done much to instill confidence in the season ahead!!!

I think some of the money could be used to bring a centre-half in. £50k in this league can buy you a good centre-half I reckon, doubt we'll get a Clint Hill but there could be some good defenders in League 2 that could be brought in?

It's true we don't spend much money on players but the owners have been known to spend if the manager can persuade them it's a good buy. Dean Furman being the latest.

Most of it will go on servicing the debt and rightly so but I'm sure some money will be spent if the right player comes along. If we had the supporters supporting the club a bit more, myself included in this perhaps less of this money would be needed for the debt. Just a thought for people questioning the owners.

exactly, the playing budget this year is a lot down on last seasons

so i find it puzzling that any of the Eardley money isnt available

But so is the revenue

Season ticket sales down to about the 2700 mark, and an attendance of 4200 on saturday

Club will still be losing in the region of 400-500k a year, which whilst the Eardley money will cover a large chunk of this, it wont cover all of it

This post has got me thinking...ok, yeah TTA have subsidised us and that. Kept us going....but the talks of £500k a year loss has also been subsidised when you look at recent years incomes...

TV moneys we've had...Spurs, Kings Lynn, Leeds, Leicester (others?)

2006/7 playoff games

Everton cup game

Trotman sale

Eardley sale

Other tit bits like the Spencer and Philliskirk sales etc.

.....oh and soon to be land sale.........

We have had chunks of incomes over the years which get forgotten about. I think we should be allowed to expect a little bit of a budget increase now for this season after losing one of our prized assets.

This post has got me thinking...ok, yeah TTA have subsidised us and that. Kept us going....but the talks of £500k a year loss has also been subsidised when you look at recent years incomes...

TV moneys we've had...Spurs, Kings Lynn, Leeds, Leicester (others?)

2006/7 playoff games

Everton cup game

Trotman sale

Eardley sale

Other tit bits like the Spencer and Philliskirk sales etc.

.....oh and soon to be land sale.........

We have had chunks of incomes over the years which get forgotten about. I think we should be allowed to expect a little bit of a budget increase now for this season after losing one of our prized assets.

very true, if we dont see any of that money spent it will be a major disappointment

very true, if we dont see any of that money spent it will be a major disappointment

The money has been spent. We make a loss, which means our income has been less than the expenditure. What is with this idea that a pound made from a player sale is somehow different from one made from a pie sale? All clubs get money in from a cup run or a sale from time to time.

The money has been spent. We make a loss, which means our income has been less than the expenditure. What is with this idea that a pound made from a player sale is somehow different from one made from a pie sale? All clubs get money in from a cup run or a sale from time to time.

Quite so. There appears to be a line of thought that such income doesn't have to be recognised in drawing up the audited annual accounts that are published! And that show the loss on operations....