Video: An Oldham-Millwall Story

That is simply not true. It very much depends on what industry you wish to go into. You simply can not get into some fields without a degree in the relevant subject.

If your going to go to uni and do a subject like Sociology then yeah, I would agree, it isnt going to do much for your employment prospects. Go and study law, medicine, IT, engineering and so forth and you will greatly increase your employment prospects.

True, true and true. Having degrees is certainly necessary to get into certain industries. For example, I had to get 2 degrees to get into my field. However, I can guarantee that only about 1% of my first degree and 5% of my second have I had to use. It is very much about learning on the job. Twas about as much use as my arse!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So she can cook (sort of) and wash up.

Is she any good at cleaning and ironing?

:grin:

:getmecoat:

Nope, cleaning and ironing are alien to her, she's ace with a microwave and grilling cheap steaks though.

True, true and true. Having degrees is certainly necessary to get into certain industries. For example, I had to get 2 degrees to get into my field. However, I can guarantee that only about 1% of my first degree and 5% of my second have I had to use. It is very much about learning on the job. Twas about as much use as my arse!

Do you work in a Wetherspoon's kitchen as well then?

We could do with your healing hands back over here, they're dropping like flies! :wink:

Are their injuries that bad??? Sometimes it looks like they get tickled (yes -- NOT tackled) and tumble over... :stretcher:

...and then they're suddenly missing for weeks. :huh:

Edited by sarausa

Are their injuries that bad??? Sometimes it looks like they get tickled (yes -- NOT tackled) and tumble over... :stretcher:

I've had a great idea for your a latest video.

You're both medical students...

We have a host of injuries, .and a physio who is not quite the Robo physio we thought :wink:

So how about a training video with you and Amber, covering how to heal wach of our injuries.

Now, unlike some on here, I would expect you to keep your clothes on. :wink:

PS I ahve been to CenterParcs for a week, anyone got a quick summary of the 7,000 post since then!

Edited by singe

Sometimes it looks like they get tickled (yes -- NOT tackled) and tumble over... :stretcher:

Because since the nineties football turned into a gay sport full of namby-pamby blokes that don't like getting hurt.

I'm not jealous that every one of you is out partying and celebrating a Latics victory while Amber and I are locked in our rooms studying. Nope, not at all. :angry:

and we are not jealous that you are in the Caymen Islands having the time of your lives (I mean studying hard)! Up the Latics!

I genuinely believe that I am a better business analyst than I would be if I hadn't obtained, MA - Political Philosophy (The Idea of Toleration). It's a crazy idea really that most people should do vocational degrees, not many people know at 18 what they want to be doing at 35, never mind whether that job will still exist or whether they will get into it. Degrees should stretch people's minds. There are far too many people doing them now though, lots of people do them when they could be working, and as often as not setting themselves on a path to earning more than the people who go to Uni just because it's become the expected thing to do.

I genuinely believe that I am a better business analyst than I would be if I hadn't obtained, MA - Political Philosophy (The Idea of Toleration). It's a crazy idea really that most people should do vocational degrees, not many people know at 18 what they want to be doing at 35, never mind whether that job will still exist or whether they will get into it. Degrees should stretch people's minds. There are far too many people doing them now though, lots of people do them when they could be working, and as often as not setting themselves on a path to earning more than the people who go to Uni just because it's become the expected thing to do.

Here here. University is more than just readying yourself for work. It's about pursuing something of interest whilst gaining some vastly important life experience. Whilst the two are not mutually exclusive, going to university is not a pre-requisite to being successful and not all those who are successful have been to university. It shouldn't be viewed purely as a route to get into particular professions but as a more rounded experience than that.

That took things well off topic didnt it - as you were.

Huddersfield have gone off the boil since their fans took the mickey out of Sara, when she went over to the dark side. How about doing the same for Leeds, Sara?

Despite being the only 0-0 draw yesterday, Huddersfield v Stockport was an excellent game to watch (regardless of the Football League show's inaccurate comments).

Huddersfield rattled the County bar twice and had three "Brill range" free kicks easily dealt with by the excellent Fon Williams.

County played their part too. Although Baker was subdued (Kay kicked him hard early on) they had a pain in the arse of a striker called Bignall running tirelessly for them and they were a much better defensive unit than the one we saw at BP. Indeed. they created the best two chances of the game and should have won it in injury time when Thompson slowed up and chose to pass when 1 on 1 with the keeper. With a bit more width Gary Ablett could build a decent side.

Huddersfield won't go up. County might defy the odds and stay up.

Player to watch for the future: Liam Bridcutt, on loan at County from Chelsea. Absolutely dominated the midfield.

Edited by opinions4u