NHL 2009/10 Season

I totally agree with BF - it's teams who can match our style that we have to worry about (that's why we signed Kovalchuk).

I love how you mock our rose-tinted Marty glasses, JSS, and yet you can come out 0-6 in the regular season and still believe you're the team on top! :rolleyes:

Sure, playoff hockey. Anything can happen. But you have to admit that was a huge win for the Devs.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what happened with the Boston game. Last night was because they've promoted the ass out of the Red-White-Green jersey for St. Paddy's day.

I forgot to mention the 1-on-1 finish from Zubrus! He's a good solid player (a Dev!) but never been -that- flash before. Stunning finish.

I love how you mock our rose-tinted Marty glasses, JSS, and yet you can come out 0-6 in the regular season and still believe you're the team on top! :rolleyes:

I never said we were on top!

I wonder if you'll take off the Marty glasses when he concedes another two soft goals in the dying seconds to knock you out the playoffs this season?!

I never said we were on top!

I wonder if you'll take off the Marty glasses when he concedes another two soft goals in the dying seconds to knock you out the playoffs this season?!

As long as he keeps us in games - like he has this season - he'll do for me!

Still one of the top 3/4 netminders in the league - so it's not like I feel we should drop him for a younger model.

Looks like another big crowd inside the Rock tonight. Maybe the people of Newark have finally realised they got a quality hockey team on their doorstep.

Or a ridiculous fighter! I don't particularly like the way Leblond fights (he's clearly got a long neck that he just uses to stop himself getting hit at the start which is rather tedious), but just saw his three minute epic from before, quality.

And for Ackey, I think I got what was coming to me in the Canes game before after my comment in chat...:disappointed::wink:

Or a ridiculous fighter! I don't particularly like the way Leblond fights (he's clearly got a long neck that he just uses to stop himself getting hit at the start which is rather tedious), but just saw his three minute epic from before, quality.

And for Ackey, I think I got what was coming to me in the Canes game before after my comment in chat... :disappointed::wink:

I missed the fight. I put it on at 20 past midnight thinking it would be midway through the first, not realising it started at 11 and was midway through the second. I only realised when they said "there are 6 minutes left in regulation." Theres me, thinking we got plenty of time to pull this goal back, its not even the end of the second yet, and the game is nearly bloody over.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

Another awful result. Something has to change or it's going to be a very brief post-season.

Well if you tank badly enough that you finish 7th then at least you'd have a decent shot at beating us :wink:

What's going on with these buzzer beaters?! Wings again last night, with 0.2 left in OT...

Well if you tank badly enough that you finish 7th then at least you'd have a decent shot at beating us :wink:

What's going on with these buzzer beaters?! Wings again last night, with 0.2 left in OT...

I think the simple answer is technology. 3/4 years ago they didn't have the clock/line camera so these things were either given without the fanfare of "0.04 seconds left..." or were ruled off as the buzzer "had already gone".

I think the simple answer is technology. 3/4 years ago they didn't have the clock/line camera so these things were either given without the fanfare of "0.04 seconds left..." or were ruled off as the buzzer "had already gone".

I see your point but I meant more within the last couple of days! I guess the best teams play to the buzzer...if the Wings make the playoffs then they could be a real force. I know if I was a Chicago/SJ/Phoenix fan and we won the Conference then I wouldn't see playing the Wings first up as much reward...

... and the Ducks win again. I cant decide whether I am encouraged or annoyed that we just didnt play like this when we had a proper chance. Typical Ducks.

With the players at the Ducks' disposal and given the playoff run last year, to be effectively out of contention to make the post-season with ten or so games to go isn't on.

Just took a look at the odds for the Cup this year:

Caps - 7/2

Sharks and Hawks - 9/2

Pens - 4/1

Canucks - 7/1

Devs and Wings - 14/1

Coyotes - 20/1

(BF if you're interested, 100/1 :wink:)

Surprised the Coyotes are that long given the way they're playing at the moment. Interesting that the Wings are joint sixth favourites despite being by no means assured of a playoff place just yet.

With the players at the Ducks' disposal and given the playoff run last year, to be effectively out of contention to make the post-season with ten or so games to go isn't on.

Just took a look at the odds for the Cup this year:

Caps - 7/2

Sharks and Hawks - 9/2

Pens - 4/1

Canucks - 7/1

Devs and Wings - 14/1

Coyotes - 20/1

(BF if you're interested, 100/1 :wink:)

Surprised the Coyotes are that long given the way they're playing at the moment. Interesting that the Wings are joint sixth favourites despite being by no means assured of a playoff place just yet.

Mate. I said this a couple of weeks back. Never mind not on, Its a :censored: ing disgrace. Man for man there are only 5 or 6 teams in the entire league that IMO are better than the ducks - to be that far behind is just abysmal - especially seeing they all know this is probably going to be the last yea this team stays together.

The big players have a lot to answer for. Having your head so far up your arse that all you can see is the olympics is not good enough.

..anyway... rant over, Go Ducks. Quack :wink:

**AWOOGA**

I think the Premier tickets are on sale... BigFin can you have a look mate as a lot of it is in Finish.

I've not had anything off the two teams I subscribed to but they have started selling the 'travel packages' from the US (inc. hotels etc) and there seems to be something on the Hartlwell site I can't fully understand.

**AWOOGA**

I think the Premier tickets are on sale... BigFin can you have a look mate as a lot of it is in Finish.

I've not had anything off the two teams I subscribed to but they have started selling the 'travel packages' from the US (inc. hotels etc) and there seems to be something on the Hartlwell site I can't fully understand.

On it... will report back later when I'm not snowed under with work....

My mother is down this weekend too, so she can fully translate...

Happy days...

13 in a row. Suck it.

Another 40+ winning season for Marty. Suck it.

Chance to top the division. Suck it.

Sort out those tickets you Finish swine. Suck it.

OK, the last one doesn't really work, but whatever!