NHL 2009/10 Season

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm up for it. Not going away this year so a little European trip appeals.

BigFin... whats Finland like price wise (ie, eating out, boozing).

Also, Stockholm or Prague appeal too, though I have been to Prague, so not too bothered about going there again.

Would defo be up for it...

Right, Finland - obviously i'm going to say its amazing (it is) ... however as Dave alludes to, it is a little pricey. A beer works out at about a fiver (and that was when i was last there a couple of years back- god knows what the euro has done to that currently). Eating out is comparable - however with all eurozone places it will hit you where it hurts. What is dirt cheap is the off-licence drink (they dont really have off-licences, more like booze supermarkets called alco's), so what most people do is get leathered at home, then venture out later and just have a couple of drinks... most of the clubs are also in hotels, so if you pick a hotel with a decent club, its nomally pretty cool...

Its not ridiculous... but it aint going to be a cheap jaunt - same goes for Sweden, exactly the same over there due to tax on alcohol in pubs/clubs...

I would love to go... (saying that, would ahve to get past the mrs first!) Helsinki is fantastic, and the eye-candy is something else... if you havent been it will be a great trip. The Hartwall arena is also amazing. and I might be able to blag some stuff as my cousin is a director of the company that sponsors Jokerit who play there...

Sorry, I called dibs when I was posting the picture.

I'll take one for the team and keep Miss Finland entertained then!

Only thing I can't find is ticket info - hotels and flights to Helsinki both seem budgetable.

I'll take one for the team and keep Miss Finland entertained then!

Only thing I can't find is ticket info - hotels and flights to Helsinki both seem budgetable.

not on sale yet - I checked the Hartwall arena's website...

As I say, flights and hotels are pretty standard, as per above post its the booze that will sting ya...

Using the Finnish version of ticketmaster, and Google translate... I could only find ticket info for the Stockholm games...and they are pretty damn expensive! Cheap seats are £65 (if I worked that out correctly... you may want to check for yourself though. I googled "Ticketmaster Finland")

Would defo be up for it...

Right, Finland - obviously i'm going to say its amazing (it is) ... however as Dave alludes to, it is a little pricey. A beer works out at about a fiver (and that was when i was last there a couple of years back- god knows what the euro has done to that currently). Eating out is comparable - however with all eurozone places it will hit you where it hurts. What is dirt cheap is the off-licence drink (they dont really have off-licences, more like booze supermarkets called alco's), so what most people do is get leathered at home, then venture out later and just have a couple of drinks... most of the clubs are also in hotels, so if you pick a hotel with a decent club, its nomally pretty cool...

Its not ridiculous... but it aint going to be a cheap jaunt - same goes for Sweden, exactly the same over there due to tax on alcohol in pubs/clubs...

I would love to go... (saying that, would ahve to get past the mrs first!) Helsinki is fantastic, and the eye-candy is something else... if you havent been it will be a great trip. The Hartwall arena is also amazing. and I might be able to blag some stuff as my cousin is a director of the company that sponsors Jokerit who play there...

Like I've said above - I'm totally up for this, I can afford to put a couple of hundred quid aside a little at a time and get a bit of birthday help from my folks!

Comes down to deciding on the dates and working out how to get tickets (would obviously be a big help if your cousin can help on this front BF)...

Like I've said above - I'm totally up for this, I can afford to put a couple of hundred quid aside a little at a time and get a bit of birthday help from my folks!

Comes down to deciding on the dates and working out how to get tickets (would obviously be a big help if your cousin can help on this front BF)...

Obviously acquiring tickets first is the most important thing!

Edited by dave_ragg1984

I too am up for it, though I guess it's whether or not there's enough room in the budget. Those flights though seem good value. As pointed out above, I guess it's a case of waiting and seeing how much tickets for the game will be (if we can get them), and then seeing how much flights and hotels will cost after. Like Ackey though, with a birthday relatively close to the event I may be able to get a bit of help...

So yeah, I'm definately provisionally game.

Edited by jsslatic

Great, so we're all theoretically up for it...

I've just sent an email to the Wild asking if they can give an indication of ticket availability and what-not, will let you know if I hear anything back - but our obvious best bet is BF's contacts in his motherland...

Obviously acquiring tickets first is the most important thing!

Pretty sure they 'aint on sale...

Finnish ticketmaster is Here...

However they dont seem to have any tickets for the Hartwall arena...

Thier own ticket site is Here... where you can see the details of the games, however no tickets as yet... and it directs you back to the ticketmaster site for international sales...

Dont think they ahve been released yet... will see if I can set up some sort of alert... and drop my cousin a note!

Pretty sure they 'aint on sale...

Finnish ticketmaster is Here...

However they dont seem to have any tickets for the Hartwall arena...

Thier own ticket site is Here... where you can see the details of the games, however no tickets as yet... and it directs you back to the ticketmaster site for international sales...

Dont think they ahve been released yet... will see if I can set up some sort of alert... and drop my cousin a note!

I've just emailed the 'canes as well - so hopefully we'll find out one way or the other soon.

If it comes down to being easier to get tickets 'locally' (ie through the ticketmaster Finland site as opposed to 'international') do you have someone who can help - that we could then give the money to...?

I've just emailed the 'canes as well - so hopefully we'll find out one way or the other soon.

If it comes down to being easier to get tickets 'locally' (ie through the ticketmaster Finland site as opposed to 'international') do you have someone who can help - that we could then give the money to...?

Yeah, no probs. However I assume if they go live on ticketmaster you can purchase them from anywhere, the arena's website just really spoke of sales from the box office, then everyone else to go through TM... as I say, if needed i'm sure my cousin will go to the arena and get them for us... wont be a problem.

I'm sure they will be sold just like the swedish tickets when they are available - £65 to £155 a ticket though... as Dave says. Not exactly a 'cheap' seat in an arena like the Hartwall though...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Worrying that it might be sold out already... :(

Huzah! Not seconds later google lights up...

Stephen,

We don't have any of that info as of yet but I am sure it will be posted

on our website as soon as we know. You can also join our

CanesConnect to get info as soon as we know. Also keep checking the

www.nhl.com for any info. Thanks,

Karen M. Prince

Ticket Sales Assistant

Carolina Hurricanes

I'll sign up to their newsletter now.

Well the reputable World Ticket Shop are trying to shift them for £215.10 for their cheapest seats. Though as they clarify, it is your 'ticket to fun'.

World Ticket Shop

<_<

You crack on josh. Why dont you drop out some of those, and we will wait until the standard release. We'll see you at the game and see who had had more 'fun'

:wink:

<_<

You crack on josh. Why dont you drop out some of those, and we will wait until the standard release. We'll see you at the game and see who had had more 'fun'

:wink:

Oh, you guys don't want them too? I've bought four on the assumption I'd be doing you all a favour.

Man people are nice. Just had an email from the Wild saying that they will add me to the list of people interested in tickets and let me know as soon as they do about the game.

One of you three is now a wild fan, by the way! :wink:

Man people are nice. Just had an email from the Wild saying that they will add me to the list of people interested in tickets and let me know as soon as they do about the game.

One of you three is now a wild fan, by the way! :wink:

:lol:

Well, considering they have Koivu, Backstrom and Miettinen in their team... that honour could be mine!

(saying that the candies have three finns too - however they have the worst badge in history, so can't support them)

:lol:

Well, considering they have Koivu, Backstrom and Miettinen in their team... that honour could be mine!

(saying that the candies have three finns too - however they have the worst badge in history, so can't support them)

If it's Karen and not Jen who gets back to me first you'll do as you're bloody told! :wink:

We've all had our blips this season... but 7-4 to Florida!? Crikey!

More worried about 4-3 to the Avs...!! bloody Olympic hangover.... Only 5 defencemen iced because of the trades though... can see why things slipped later in the game....

Pretty good D heading into the stretch now though... just need to win a few more games!!