Thanks for the concern guys!

As the wife says I've had a TIA or mini-stroke (only thing I've ever had in moderation!) Compared to Wednesday night when the whole of my left-side was numb I am feeling a helluva lot better. My face is still numb and I have a bit of a limp, whilst feeling very tired. I was lucky I reckon, it could have been a helluva lot worse.

I have to go back to the hospital for a doppler in my neck and a C.T. scan on my brain in due course. I've been advised to rest-up for at least a week and abstain from drinking (fookin' boo!) for at least that time. At 32 it really hits home that you need to start looking after yourself!

Depending on how I feel I might well make the game tomorrow but we'll see and Mrs. P might have summat to say about that!

Thanks again for the kind wishes - speak to some of you soon!

Paul

As the wife says I've had a TIA or mini-stroke (only thing I've ever had in moderation!) Compared to Wednesday night when the whole of my left-side was numb I am feeling a helluva lot better. My face is still numb and I have a bit of a limp, whilst feeling very tired. I was lucky I reckon, it could have been a helluva lot worse.

I have to go back to the hospital for a doppler in my neck and a C.T. scan on my brain in due course. I've been advised to rest-up for at least a week and abstain from drinking (fookin' boo!) for at least that time. At 32 it really hits home that you need to start looking after yourself!

Depending on how I feel I might well make the game tomorrow but we'll see and Mrs. P might have summat to say about that!

Paul

Good on you big man! All the best sir, and great to hear from you....

Love that comment... I wouldnt expect anything less, however I feel if you step onto BP tomorrow you might be ill and divorced!!

take care! Seriously! ... and hope you have a very speedy recovery, Latics can beat yeovil without ya!

Paul

When i read your wifes comment about swine flu i thought bollocks.... but then i seen that you have had a stroke so get well soon mate even tho i dont know who you are but as a fellow tic.. speedy recovery

i bet the crowd will be 3999 now 2mos!!!!! :grin::lol:

Any idea of the cause? You're right, it is a big wake up call when somethin like that happens.

I take medication for high blood-pressure but whilst my blood pressure was raised yesterday the consultant thinks it (the TIA) was side-effect of the virus I had a couple of weeks ago (supposedly swine 'flu) all I know is I've felt pretty :censored:ty for a while and Wednesday/Thursday was the culmination. More might be revealed when I go for CT scan and doppler. I'm just grateful to be still functioning in the main.

Edited by oafcprozac

I take medication for high blood-pressure but whilst my blood pressure was raised yesterday the consultant thinks it (the TIA) was side-effect of the virus I had a couple of weeks ago (supposedly swine 'flu) all I know is I've felt pretty :censored:ty for a while and Wednesday/Thursday was the culmination. More might be revealed when I go for CT scan and doppler. I'm just grateful to be still functioning in the main.

Can you still remember all the Latics stats Paul? if so you'll be just fine. Take it easy for a few weeks and re-assess after the CT and doppler what your new life style plan will be. Whilst it's probably scared you some take it as a wake up call. Plenty folks out there have done just that and gone on to be better than before.

I dont want to tell you how to live your life, but if you've been told to rest then rest! Latics will always be there, i know how passionate people are over the club, but listening/missing one game wont do any harm! Best of wishes in your recovery.

Probably be more stressful sat at home listening to it mate! I'm not a good listener, i'm sure my dad and mate will make sure I don't over do it if I decide to go!

Probably be more stressful sat at home listening to it mate! I'm not a good listener, i'm sure my dad and mate will make sure I don't over do it if I decide to go!

And it's definitely orange juice and mineral water for the time being.

The doctor didn't believe that I only have the odd sherry at Christmas.... :wink:

What concerns me more is "brain scan"......we know what the results will be on that one......lol

and the colour of Blue, white n' tangerine too.

Don't you dare scare us all like that again prozac.

Seriously, get well soon big man, other comments are right - latics will always be there don't make yourself any worse as it is "only a game".

Hopefully the lads will get a win for you.

Take care and chill for God sake - although I would be mightly miffed if they told me to lay off the booze too...its the only thing that gets me through a 90min game these days especially after the last 10mins of Tuesdays game is anything to go by.

Keep us posted

T

And it's definitely orange juice and mineral water for the time being.

The doctor didn't believe that I only have the odd sherry at Christmas.... :wink:

I'm normally an awkward sod when it comes to listening to doctor's advice but do yourself/ family and friends alike a favour and listen to them........hate to say it big lad but you might not be so lucky next time........then who's gonna come up with all the stats!!!!! Take it easy, I'm sure you'll be kept up to date :wink:

P.

If I were you, I'd try my best to forget Latics for a few weeks. When you get back into it, I suspect we'll be hovering somewhere around tenth in the table. Which isn't bad compared to how things were looking two or three weeks ago.

Take it easy.

I don't know you Prozac- but I do wish you well. I hope the CT scan (which I'm a bit surprised you haven't had already) and the Doppler go OK. I would suggest you don't come to Latics tomorrow- I'd try and think of something light to do instead- a walk down the local shops might be a good idea. Football is a game and its better to miss one game now than miss 500+ in a short time because you've gone to another place too young. Latics will still be there in a fortnight. Take it easy, although I would say that although 32 is not the youngest I've heard of having a TIA it is still very young and that like what a lot of people have said maybe you should reflect on how you can alter your lifestyle so you don't have the same or worse.

Paul

i hope that it all goes well for you .. i don't know you but i can see that you have a helluva lot of friends on here stay strong and get well soon