Huddersfield Given All RRE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

totally agree with this decision makes sense like it usualy does when they shift the home fans. just hope we dont get aload of people mouthing off bout how its a disgrace the way they get treated etc.

Well it was made absolutely clear for people when they purchased a season ticket in the RRE that they may be moved on occasions (although to be honest I dont know why the club did not just sell season tickets in the small bit to begin with.

Although I completely agree with the decision, it doesn't mean that others will.

Correct decision for me, if they have a chance to fill it let them try, maximise the clubs income from the game.

Not a hope in hell of Huddersfield bringing over 2,000; let alone filling it.

totally agree with this decision makes sense like it usualy does when they shift the home fans. just hope we dont get aload of people mouthing off bout how its a disgrace the way they get treated etc.

Not mouthing off about it. I just think the police power over this is excessive. They've used their "costs" to force the club in to a corner. Helped by a handful of idiots in the RRE.

Well it was made absolutely clear for people when they purchased a season ticket in the RRE that they may be moved on occasions

It was, and I accept this. But the same fixture last season involved a move to the small part of the RRE.

although to be honest I dont know why the club did not just sell season tickets in the small bit to begin with

Because the club made the right decision to sell their own supporters the tickets with the best view of the game.

Although I completely agree with the decision, it doesn't mean that others will.

Grudging acceptance, more than disagreement. As I said earlier, the police have priced Latics in to this decision.

Edited by opinions4u

Makes sense, there's been a bit of trouble in recent games against them, saves us a lot of policing money. Correct decision. I'm glad they came out with the reasons for this and I think Huddersfield will bring a few more this season anyways with them doing well in the league this season.

Club allocate Huddersfield all of the RRE to reduce policing costs

Can see this peeing a few people off

Now is the time to finally change the home end..........We have maybe 2 seasons left at boundary park and judging by the last 2 home attendances where the Chaddy end has been almost empty I think we should change the RRE to the home end.

The small portion could be the new family stand and with the main stand capacity at 2450 would give home fans a capacity of just over 7000 which should be OK if we stay in this division next season.

The Chaddy capacity of 3750 would be enough for the big games like Leeds and Hudds and a greater concentration of Latics fans in the RRE would make for a much better match atmosphere!!!!

Last time they brought a decent support, we whopped them 4-0.

I think you're getting your league games and cup games mixed up.

League:

2008/9 ... 1-1 ... 1,596

2007/8 ... 4-1 ... 1,095

2006/7 ... 1-1 ... 1,254

2007/8 FA Cup 0-1 4,581

If it was a cup game, at an important stage of the competition, the police would be making the right decision.

Based on recent league fixtures we should be sticking them in the small part of the RRE.

The police are taking the pi$$.

Edited by opinions4u

With the amount of home fans turning up at the moment,they may as well have the Main stand as well

That ^^^.

Who gives a :censored: if they have 'some' of our main parts. They can have as much as they want.

NB. Are Udders our enemies? I quite like them (for Yorkies). I dislike Bury, Dale, City, Badfud, Wigwam, etc much more.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Now is the time to finally change the home end..........We have maybe 2 seasons left at boundary park and judging by the last 2 home attendances where the Chaddy end has been almost empty I think we should change the RRE to the home end.

The small portion could be the new family stand and with the main stand capacity at 2450 would give home fans a capacity of just over 7000 which should be OK if we stay in this division next season.

The Chaddy capacity of 3750 would be enough for the big games like Leeds and Hudds and a greater concentration of Latics fans in the RRE would make for a much better match atmosphere!!!!

I agree with that, maybe worth e-mailing mr hardy about?

I wonder how Man Ure would feel if they had to give Liverpool the whole of the end where they only get a corner or if they had to keep playing Liverpool on a Tuesday dinnertime to prevent trouble. Would they kick up a fuss- of course they would it would be front page news for weeks on end. But Oldham who have exactly the same police force looking after them let the same police force dictate what goes on. Its quite simple- although I understand the decision it stinks of favouritism towards the bigger teams as there is no way Man U v Liverpool/Citeh is more of a bother than Oldham v Huddersfield/Leeds. If GMP can't cope with policing one of our bigger games at the same time as a United/Citeh game then maybe GMP shouldn't be policing any football in the Premiership. They seem to manage fine when Wigan/Bolton are at home at the same time as the 'Heywood Derby' and a Manchester team but Oldham v Huddersfield/Leeds they can't cope with.

I think you're getting your league games and cup games mixed up.

League:

2008/9 ... 1-1 ... 1,596

2007/8 ... 4-1 ... 1,095

2006/7 ... 1-1 ... 1,254

2007/8 FA Cup 0-1 4,581

If it was a cup game, at an important stage of the competition, the police would be making the right decision.

Based on recent league fixtures we should be sticking them in the small part of the RRE.

The police are taking the pi$$.

Ooops completely blanked that awful cup performance out of my mind. I was thinking of 2002 when Wijnhard scored in front of 4000 of them within the first couple of minutes.

That ^^^.

Who gives a :censored: if they have 'some' of our main parts. They can have as much as they want.

NB. Are Udders our enemies? I quite like them (for Yorkies). I dislike Bury, Dale, City, Badfud, Wigwam, etc much more.

How can you hate Bury and Rochdale? Bury are a cute little club with invisible fans, and we haven't played Rochdale in a competitive game for more than 35 years.

Edit: We haven't played Rochdale in a competitive game for 35 years except for that fairly meaningless League Cup game recently.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

I wonder how Man Ure would feel if they had to give Liverpool the whole of the end where they only get a corner or if they had to keep playing Liverpool on a Tuesday dinnertime to prevent trouble. Would they kick up a fuss- of course they would it would be front page news for weeks on end. But Oldham who have exactly the same police force looking after them let the same police force dictate what goes on. Its quite simple- although I understand the decision it stinks of favouritism towards the bigger teams as there is no way Man U v Liverpool/Citeh is more of a bother than Oldham v Huddersfield/Leeds. If GMP can't cope with policing one of our bigger games at the same time as a United/Citeh game then maybe GMP shouldn't be policing any football in the Premiership. They seem to manage fine when Wigan/Bolton are at home at the same time as the 'Heywood Derby' and a Manchester team but Oldham v Huddersfield/Leeds they can't cope with.

i may have miss read the OS but isnt it a club decision based on the police costs? united couldnt care less bout £11000 or prob more for policing but we do thats the difference not that the police favour them

The police have told latics that they will have to pay for more plods on duty if we split the RRE than if we have no latics fans in it.

Hence the club have opted to have no latics fans in the RRE.

Probably thanks to the morons who were trying to kick off with/chucking stones at their fans (and chucking stones at people who might have supported either team) last season.

The police have told latics that they will have to pay for more plods on duty if we split the RRE than if we have no latics fans in it.

Probably thanks to the morons who were trying to kick off with/chucking stones at their fans (and chucking stones at people who might have supported either team) last season.

exactly. so its not the police forcing the clubs hand its just the club making the best financial decision

Cool- my big point still stands. We are playing Hudders on a Sunday (which isn't going to increase the attendance) due to police advice and now the coppers say we are going to charge you more if you have a split RRE. Its corrupt- do Man Ure get charged more when they play Liverpool as opposed to Sunderland? Or how about when they have to give the oppositon more seats than the naff corner bit because its a cup game, or in Europe when you have to police some people for whom English is not the first language (and no I don't mean all the foreign plc fans). We have to play Leeds mid-week due to police advice- since the game apparently requires horses which are needed for either Manchester team (funny how Notlob, Wigwam and the Heywood derby (the biggest game for Bury and Rochdale) can play on a Saturday at the same time). I don't remember Manchester Citeh having to play Midweek because of police advice or Man United for that matter.

Its quite simple- I understand the club's point in that it is a cost reducing exercise but my point is it shouldn't have to be one if GMP acted to Oldham the same way they act to United/Citeh. Citeh and United used to reguarly play midweek at home when they were both in Europe a couple of seasons ago- if the Leeds game does require horses (I wouldn't know as because its a midweek fixture I can't go) why can't we play on the Saturday if United/Citeh are playing on the Sunday (quite likely) or the other way round. GMP kicked up a big fuss over Wigan not paying a bill- but I bet there was a reason why that happened. We can't play without the agreement of the cops (not even if it was home fans only) so whatever the cops says goes and I think the FA needs to sit down with the coppers on a national level to actually work out ways round this problem (wasn't a problem when we were in the top flight) otherwise eventually clubs will go out of business thanks to the cops being :censored: .

Oldham to me are reasonably blameless- the cops say one thing the club has almost no choice but to comply and because of the way the ticketing works those fans who do get moved (not me I'm a chaddy ender normally) have had a bit of notice.