City in for Maicon? Richards out? ££££££

I wish Oldham fans would stop talking about "the Micah money" as if it's some real stash somewhere that we're owed.

IT DOESN'T EXIST!

It only ever will exist if Micah moves for a fee. Until then, we'd be best advised to pretend the clause doesn't exist, because there's every chance he'll either end up a one (ok two) club man, or he'll go for nothing at the end of his contract.

Edited by garcon

I wish Oldham fans would stop talking about "the Micah money" as if it's some real stash somewhere that we're owed.

IT DOESN'T EXIST!

It only ever will exist if Micah moves for a fee. Until then, we'd be best advised to pretend the clause doesn't exist, because there's every chance he'll either end up a one (ok two) club man, or he'll go for nothing at the end of his contract.

ummm, arent we only discussing the possibility of him moving for a fee. which is in fact quite realistic.

so calm down.

It just seems that there's an awful lot of fans out there who've counted their chickens and are expecting several million to come our way as part of a Micah deal before such money actually materialises.

That's how stupid people get into debt.

but nobody is sayin that the money is guna be spent on players. it will prob be used to cover costs anyway.

id be happy if we got any money out of the deal.

It just seems that there's an awful lot of fans out there who've counted their chickens and are expecting several million to come our way as part of a Micah deal before such money actually materialises.

That's how stupid people get into debt.

Speculation rather than expectation methinks - but it does no harm to dream as long as we don't start to spend what we don't have - and any money would be nice :wink:

Ambition would be an ingenious plot to somehow oust Richards from City.

Suggestions? :naughty:

Nobody?

I propose Rummy, Yard Dog and BRF kidnap Richards, the evil Mark Hughes and Martin O'Neill before locking them in a lift with oafc0000 until they crumble and agree a £20M transfer.

Nobody?

I propose Rummy, Yard Dog and BRF kidnap Richards, the evil Mark Hughes and Martin O'Neill before locking them in a lift with oafc0000 until they crumble and agree a £20M transfer.

Why not just have BRF grapple the lot of them, simultaneously, to within an inch of their lives until they follow his orders without question?

Realsitically how much is he worth nowadays.

£5m tops, Iday.

£1m is handy but hardly life changing.

How much did Michael Turner go to Sunderland for- it was rumoured to be around £12 million wasn't it. If Michael Turner is worth £12 million then Richards is worth at least £18 million (even with all his off field issues)

Michael Turner's played consistently, hasn't had off-field problems, and weighs in with a few goals. He's worth at least the same as Richards, if not more, on current form.

I'd also be surprised if Richards goes for more than £7m-£8m (maximum), and £5m wouldn't surprise me. If he goes.

He's worth f*ck all until someone actually puts a bid in for him.

you have said your opinion, more than once, give it up.

If he goes this year will be £5-10 Million, can see villa going for him but they dont tend to pay stupid pri..... wait a minute... delph.... lets hope they have another brain haemorrhage like that again!

you have said your opinion, more than once, give it up.

:lol:

I'll say it as often as I like, ta very much. <_<

It all smacks of desperation to me. As soon as Richards is mentioned in any tabloid in relation to some invented transfer, there's a thread on here about how he's worth £20M and how we'll get our multi-million cut from the deal.

And you can be absolutely certain that the same people who raise it time and time again will be the ones crying foul and claiming "we was robbed" if he goes for a cut price fee or (heaven forbid) sees out his contract.

Yes, if and when it comes, the money would be nice. But we shouldn't be relying on it as some kind of windfall that will change our club.

:lol:

I'll say it as often as I like, ta very much. <_<

It all smacks of desperation to me. As soon as Richards is mentioned in any tabloid in relation to some invented transfer, there's a thread on here about how he's worth £20M and how we'll get our multi-million cut from the deal.

And you can be absolutely certain that the same people who raise it time and time again will be the ones crying foul and claiming "we was robbed" if he goes for a cut price fee or (heaven forbid) sees out his contract.

Yes, if and when it comes, the money would be nice. But we shouldn't be relying on it as some kind of windfall that will change our club.

I would quite agree- especially as the player being linked with Citeh is a Brazilian who will probably speak to the likes of Elano, Jo, Geovanni and Robinho before deciding to move to a new country. I can't see that many of the previous (and current) Brazilians who have City links being all that complimentary.

The point I've put in Bold though is something, Yes we can't see it being a windfall which will save our club but it does make our club more attractive to prospective buyers when TTA finally sell up. If at the time Richards is back worth the value he was 18 months ago it may attract buyers who could see it as a risk worth taking. At the moment a 20% share in a transfer fee for Micah Richards is worth more to the club in terms of potential investment than any other player aside from Chris Taylor- even if that transfer fee turns out to be £0 as some people will see it being worth the risk for not much (if any) increase in spenditure.