Dean Brill

Again, I didn't say that, but he would have been right up there if we had heald onto him. So basically those 3 players who have been targetted by the booboys were in no way deserving of it. Brill was very good in his early seasons at Luton, as many of the Luton fans have said and he was tipped for big things, they say he has more gone off the boil than anything, you don't just lose your talent. Consistency seems an issue, but he isn't a bad keeper really, people are far too harsh on him. A bad error today but he has played well 5 games in a row, should we be warming up the guillotine on that basis?

is that going to be that the answer when it comes down to the wire when we have to rely on him to keep us in the 1st div i wouldnt put my house on him and i dont think a lot of other latics fans would either

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do get that. He obviously had an all round mare when he startewd, but seems to have got his head together away from home, but not so much at BP. I'd rather we had a keeper who was double hard and didn't care, but we seem to have one who is sensitive to his treatment by home fans, so what should we do about it?

I agree the fans are quick to get on his back but some of his gaffes are schoolboy errors. At the moment we don't really have an alternative to him so we'll have to support him and hope he can cut out the basic errors but i'm not convinced.

ok this is getting difficult, we've already covered he started the season badly and that he turned it around by playing well for the 5 games leading upto this, then one mistake and he's worse than cancer, adds up yeah?

awww come on Leyland how can you stick up for him?

so you think it is acceptable for him to make horrendous mistakes as long as he has 5 decent games?

is that acceptable yeah?

he isnt worse than cancer, you wont get me booing him thats for sure, he is all we can afford which isnt his fault, its somebody elses fault but thats a different story

awww come on Leyland how can you stick up for him?

so you think it is acceptable for him to make horrendous mistakes as long as he has 5 decent games?

is that acceptable yeah?

he isnt worse than cancer, you wont get me booing him thats for sure, he is all we can afford which isnt his fault, its somebody elses fault but thats a different story

because i'm not a total bozo?

nobody on here boos apparently.

chris taylor missed a one on one this season thats a mistake. a player of his ability shouldnt be making mistakes like that. less hurl lots of unwarranted abuse and hope we can force another young promising player out of the club then lets attack furman because not 100% of his passes go to are players after that we should go after abbot becasue witht he chances he has had he should be in double figures so hes making to many mistakes. after we have got these inept performers out of our club we should make one last huge push to force any remaining player, official and employee and have done with all these crap performers and then we can get on with moaning that are club has been destroyed whilst a few normal clear thinking individuals point out that its our own fault for the stupid abuse we throw at anybody and everybody whilst the morons ignore it all and blame everyone but themselves

Brill was really only at fault for the second goal.

We were beaten by the better team and a team who will finish in the playoffs.

I sometimes wonder if we have the worse fans in the country, honestly, our club must be a chore to play for and people wonder why some players don't seem to show any loyalty to us. We moaned at Wellens when he occassionallu performed badly despite being our best player on the pitch and then slated him for showing no loyalty and called him a money grabber when a new club offered him a deal, and look at him now, a £1mil Championship central midfielder....I guess that puts your opinion in it's place and shows us what it's worth, jack shít.

Eardley received a totally unjustified amount of abuse and I'm glad he got out when he did even though we didn't get a high enough fee for him, because he's a better right back than any we have now by miles and has already gone on to better things. We make no one feel welcome if they don't settle in straight away, a keeper keeps 4 out of 5 cleans sheets and then is at fault for one goal today and he's subject to a barrage of abuse. It's ridiculous

And whoever said Luton fans were glad to see the back of him is either lying through his two front teeth or is just incredibly mistake, every Luton fan I've spoke to has spoken highly of him and hoped he would stay but knew they were resigned to losing him as he didn't want to play in BSP.

Brill haters really just need to STFU, it's that simple.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Brill was really only at fault for the second goal.

We were beaten by the better team and a team who will finish in the playoffs.

I sometimes wonder if we have the worse fans in the country, honestly, our club must be a chore to play for and people wonder why some players don't seem to show any loyalty to us. We moaned at Wellens when he occassionallu performed badly despite being our best player on the pitch and then slated him for showing no loyalty and called him a money grabber when a new club offered him a deal, and look at him now, a £1mil Championship central midfielder....I guess that puts your opinion in it's place and shows us what it's worth, jack shít.

Eardley received a totally unjustified amount of abuse and I'm glad he got out when he did even though we didn't get a high enough fee for him, because he's a better right back than any we have now by miles and has already gone on to better things. We make no one feel welcome if they don't settle in straight away, a keeper keeps 4 out of 5 cleans sheets and then is at fault for one goal today and he's subject to a barrage of abuse. It's ridiculous

And whoever said Luton fans were glad to see the back of him is either lying through his two front teeth or is just incredibly mistake, every Luton fan I've spoke to has spoken highly of him and hoped he would stay but knew they were resigned to losing him as he didn't want to play in BSP.

Brill haters really just need to STFU, it's that simple.

couldn't put it better myself

Ahhh my ears! I'm sure he does, as did Eardley, as did Liddell, as did Betsy. Strange how these players have been able to do well at other clubs, but i'm sure you and the mob know best again.

So having gone 5 games and only conceding 1 goal (which was a bit of a freak goal) he makes one mistake and then open season should be declared? Ok then.

Where has dean Brill done well?

Our fans are the most two faced in the country possibly.

They ironically cheer him upon catching the ball after a mistake earlier in the season (Hartlepool).

Then he makes a good save against Carlisle and the same bunch are chanting his name.

A mistake against S'ton yesterday and it's ironic cheers and abuse again.

Ridiculous.

Some of you question how he has the nerve to pick up a pay check? I question how some of you call yourself fans.

I'm not justifying his mistake yesterday, yes it was a bad one and everyone's gonna be disappointed and a bit p'd off, including myself, but to go back to the torrential abuse again is inbelievable. It's hardly like he means to make the mistakes.

And some of you also need to realize, in form or out of form, premiership or non-league and beyond, every goalkeeper has the potential to make a mistake and, being the last form of defence, these mistakes are usually punished.

He might not be the best keeper, he's a bloody long way off, and I'm sure he, and DP know that. But I'll tell you what, we could do a damn sight worse than Dean Brill. And all of you know that.

If we had Petr Cech, Casillas or Buffon in goal and they made a few mistakes in their first few games would they suddenly be useless? No.

Some of you go on about how he conceded a lot of goals at Luton. Well, they hardly had the best defence did they? And I'm sure that after all their off field problems their morale and confidence was low too. A lack of confidence can cost dearly.

I also wonder how many of you saw a lot of his games at Luton as well.

Get off his back, be disappointed when players make mistakes, but get on with it and accept that it's part and parcel of the game. We did alright in the last few games, we lost yesterday but it's not the end of the world. Come the end of the season who knows where we might be. No one knows.

You never know, we might get into the playoffs, and Brill could end up pulling off a MotM performance in the final. You never know.

And believe it or not, although we lost to Southampton, there's a long way to go, and it's not impossible for us to get there.

Did anyone watch Match of the Day?

Aston Villa's second was a perfect carbon copy of Southampton's first in just about every way possible.

So I guess that means Petr Cech isn't good enough for us either. :blink:

[/quote difference is peter cech won't make cock ups like this week in week out,and if he did he'd get dropped..

But I'll tell you what, we could do a damn sight worse than Dean Brill. And all of you know that.

I seriously doubt that. I'd rather have Carl Muggleton. Now...at 41!

Dean Brill is easily the worst first choice keeper we've had at Latics since I started watching. Easily.

E4e

SHTIE

Did anyone watch Match of the Day?

Aston Villa's second was a perfect carbon copy of Southampton's first in just about every way possible.

So I guess that means Petr Cech isn't good enough for us either. :blink:

I'm not for stringing the lad up or anything, but surely it's about the frequency of errors, isn't it? And offsetting those against the number of times your keeper can pull off a great save to keep you in a game.

Keeper's do make errors, even the best ones. Good ones don't make them often and atone for the ones they do make by rescuing the odd point here and there.

I'm not for stringing the lad up or anything, but surely it's about the frequency of errors, isn't it? And offsetting those against the number of times your keeper can pull off a great save to keep you in a game.

Keeper's do make errors, even the best ones. Good ones don't make them often and atone for the ones they do make by rescuing the odd point here and there.

nail on the head mate,you name me the number of saves that dean brill has made that have won us a game this season,i.e on par with pogs against bradford,you can't that why people are on his back

nail on the head mate,you name me the number of saves that dean brill has made that have won us a game this season,i.e on par with pogs against bradford,you can't that why people are on his back

He saved us a point with a one on one save against yeovil, he stopped the mongs going ahead with 2 saves early in the game whilst the score was 0-0, again one of them a one on one. Don't let that stop you though. He had a bad start to the season, i'm sure he'll agree, but he has then made one mistake in 6 games and people seem happy enough to disregard anything good he did in those 6. I don't think he's a great keeper (although he could still prove to be given the potential he showed early in his career) but he is far from the worst we have had and he doesn't deserve to be made a scapegoat, although nobody does really but that never seems to stop our 'supporters' does it.

I saw the goals from Pompey v Spurs earlier. First Spurs goal, David James came, stopped, startec to go back and was totally out of position . Dealing with crosses isn't as easy as many of the puindits (who always seem to be outfield players) make out.

Brill is a Div 3 keeper. Makes mistakes - but we aren't going to get much better I'm afraid.

I saw the goals from Pompey v Spurs earlier. First Spurs goal, David James came, stopped, startec to go back and was totally out of position . Dealing with crosses isn't as easy as many of the puindits (who always seem to be outfield players) make out.

Brill is a Div 3 keeper. Makes mistakes - but we aren't going to get much better I'm afraid.

We can and we must.

...but we aren't going to get much better I'm afraid.

Kelly, Rachubka, Pogs, Grant, Flemming...

No better than Brill? On his current form, they're all better than him.

I'm not saying he won't turn it around, but he has to improve or be replaced.

I seriously doubt that. I'd rather have Carl Muggleton. Now...at 41!

Dean Brill is easily the worst first choice keeper we've had at Latics since I started watching. Easily.

E4e

SHTIE

A bit of a selective question you ask Nik. We have had much much worse goalkeepers in recent years, lots of them. And the only one I can think of who I would actually call, "good," in recent years (Day) was on loan and therefore I presume not first choice? Crossley was decent (not that it stopped him getting dogs abuse on here when he made a mistake), before that, what, Pogs? Who was also a basket-case but we liked him.

meh no point havin a go now. We can't replace him really. any loan we got in probabley would be just as bad or worse and we cant get Fleming back until January. Let him get on with it and hope he can pick up his confidence

january caint come quick enough

A bit of a selective question you ask Nik. We have had much much worse goalkeepers in recent years, lots of them. And the only one I can think of who I would actually call, "good," in recent years (Day) was on loan and therefore I presume not first choice? Crossley was decent (not that it stopped him getting dogs abuse on here when he made a mistake), before that, what, Pogs? Who was also a basket-case but we liked him.

You are right about Crossley, maybe people can see what he gave us now ;-), playing even when injured

Brill isn't the best I have seen, but better than Blayney, Budtz etc

Supple was good though got abuse to for making one mistake.........,

I think we need Fon Williams..........

You are right about Crossley, maybe people can see what he gave us now ;-), playing even when injured

Brill isn't the best I have seen, but better than Blayney, Budtz etc

Supple was good though got abuse to for making one mistake.........,

I think we need Fon Williams..........

I wonder what the reaction would be if we signed a keeper who had been massively relegated with a team who got hammered senseless out of sight every week, then signed for a team as an understudy to an experienced keeper in the English third division, but not broken through and gone out on loan to play pub football in the Scottish second division?