Dean Brill

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a look on the Dunfermline website and read the match reports.

1 report said he came rushing out and brought the player down and they scored the penalty.

Another said he came rushing out, missed the ball and it was put into the box where the opposition scored.

Looks like he still makes the same mistakes as last season

You are right about Crossley, maybe people can see what he gave us now ;-), playing even when injured

Brill isn't the best I have seen, but better than Blayney, Budtz etc

Supple was good though got abuse to for making one mistake.........,

I think we need Fon Williams..........

Crossley made 3 gaffes during the first game of last season, and numerous ones before and after that, but since his body was a temple you can over look all that.

Kelly, Rachubka, Pogs, Grant, Flemming...

No better than Brill? On his current form, they're all better than him.

I'm not saying he won't turn it around, but he has to improve or be replaced.

Not sure about Fleming. He's been making a few blunders at Dunfermline and giving away a lot of penalties, like he does.

Dunfermline fans on Fleming

IMO he has given away far too many penalties and blunders for me to rate him highly. He would get ripped to shreds by the bigger SPL teams. He is a fairly good shot-stopper, but when it comes to anything else he is a worry.

Have to agree with that craigster. His decision making is shocking at best.

Too many penalties given away already this season,fine if there are no more but me thinks that there will be more.

Also Brill's mistakes aren't week in week out, before yesterday he had kepy virtually 5 clean sheets and made some good saves at Charlton. (To rescue us a point :wink: )

The problem I have with Brill is that I have no confidence in him whatsoever. It would be interesting to know if our own defence have any confidence in him or not.

For what it is worth I think it would be difficult for us to attract a decent keeper here at the moment to replace him. Any replacement is likely to be rubbish. Therefore we are going to have to stick with Brill so we might as well not jump on his back.

Yep, the best team I've seen us play this season by some way.

I take it that you didnt go to Charlton?

I thought Southampton were pretty poor, especially at the back when, upto the goal, we were all over them. Yet again, could have been a different game if Parker at took the 1-on-1 chance when it was 0-0, or he took his second chance just before it was HT, which would have made it 2-1 at the break.

So having gone 5 games and only conceding 1 goal (which was a bit of a freak goal) he makes one mistake and then open season should be declared? Ok then.

In which games, lets be honest, he had very little to do. The only decent save I've seen Brill make in 10 games or so, was against Carlisle (I think) when he saved a 1-on-1 when the deadlock was yet to be broken. Very unlike Fleming who, in the 10 games he's played, I can remember standing up at least five times to clap a save which a lot of other keepers in this league wouldn't have got to.

The test for me as DP as a manager, would be for him to bring Fleming back in January and reinstall him as the number 1 - basically admitting that he was wrong. Good managers learn, lets hope DP does.

Can I refer you all to a part of a post I made during Brills (alledged good spell....you know the one where the oppo missed the sitters and Brill had very little to do)

"Sure you can only save what's fired against you and what I will say is Brill hasn't really had much to save during this spell. Also we've had our fair share of good fortune with the oppo missing the target when really they shouldn't have and shots/headers hitiing our framework. I guess the exact opposite to what was happening prior, us missing and the oppo hitting! even yesterday during the first half Brill saved a long shot at the very last minute parring it away for a corner when in all honesty had he moved his feet at any point he'd most likely easilly catch it. That said Brill did venture off his line more yesterday than normal albeit he still did drop a couple and collecting on his second attempt. So that for me is signs of improvement. However don't be getting giddy singing Brill's praises to loudly cos that will certainly change during spells this season".

He is gash, was on Saturday, was before Saturday and will be next week, month year and lifetime. No successful side in history as every had a weak link keeper. No amount of stick/debate whatever you call it on here will make an happeth of difference to Brills confidence. So called professional management must look at Brill and know without doubt this lad is poor. Time to accept it and do something about it or go down with him. Please don't refer me to 5 good games, thats been dealt with above. Brill needs to go.

I will make one final statement. Dean Brill will not see profesional football after his next club. Once he leaves Latics he'll get fixed up in league two, where upon is ability being seen will leave professional football.

Edited by Lags

I take it that you didnt go to Charlton?

I thought Southampton were pretty poor, especially at the back when, upto the goal, we were all over them. Yet again, could have been a different game if Parker at took the 1-on-1 chance when it was 0-0, or he took his second chance just before it was HT, which would have made it 2-1 at the break.

I wasn't at Charlton, which is why I said "The best team I've seen us play this season". I stand by that comment whole heartedly.

You thought Southampton were pretty poor, yet they have just beaten us by 2 clear goals on our own ground. :blink: You clearly don't rate us very highly then.

All the if's and but's regarding Parker's chances are irrelevent, he didn't take either of them and not for the first time either, he seems to miss 1 on 1 chances very regularly and has no composure in front of goal, so is likely to continue to miss them, hence we will continue to suffer these 'unlucky' defeats by these 'inferior' teams. :huh:

We were well beaten by a better team on the day.

I've said it before and I will say it again...not since Andy Goram have we been blessed with a goalie who is not prone to the odd 'dropsy' moment...and he threw a few in in his time (several against Cardiff second time round).

1. There was a season when Les Pogliacomi was the best thing since sliced bread...and then a season when he was as popular as a convict ready to be sent to Australia. Confidence is a massive thing as a goalie (I should know as I have worn the gauntlets for many a year) and any keeper, no matter what his ability is, can have a bad run. Goram, Rhodes, Hallworth, Gerrard, Kelly (repeat ad infinitum) have had bad spells...but we simply have to give the guy a chance and he will hopefully come through.

2. Rome was not built in a day (I went there recently and some of the older bits are falling down), and in the same way we cannot expect instant success. Goalies also feed off the confidence of their defence and, to be fair, Gregan and Hazell have been as good a double act as Abbott and Costello or Laurel and Hardy recently. Goram was thrown in at the deep end, as was Gorton. Gerrard was more accident prone than...Massimo Taibi.

3. The boy is wearing the Athletic badge on his chest at the end of the day. I didn't agree with people booing Richard Butcher and I don't agree with booing someone who has made mistakes, but not been given the opportunity to fully prove himself.

4. From a keepers point of view your mistakes are often highlighted as they are the ones that are most likely to lead to a goal.

5. We are a third division team, who will attract youngsters, oldies or journeymen. Brill is young (for a keeper) and still developing.

6. No one works well with the crowd on their back!! Just because we pay money to get in does not give us a god given right to slag anyone off.

7. Has anyone remember the saves he made over the past few matches??

8. Greg Fleming was not without mistakes...or red cards

BRING BACK DEAN WINDASS - I HEAR HE OUT OF WORK AT THE MOMENT!!!!!!!!!

A bit of a selective question you ask Nik. We have had much much worse goalkeepers in recent years, lots of them. And the only one I can think of who I would actually call, "good," in recent years (Day) was on loan and therefore I presume not first choice? Crossley was decent (not that it stopped him getting dogs abuse on here when he made a mistake), before that, what, Pogs? Who was also a basket-case but we liked him.

Day was our player, not on loan. If you think Day was good then you must have been watching a different keeper to the one I saw. He dived slower than a knackered submarine, anything shot across him was in.

Day was our player, not on loan. If you think Day was good then you must have been watching a different keeper to the one I saw. He dived slower than a knackered submarine, anything shot across him was in.

I meant to type, "Grant," but my dyspraxia* tripped me up :blush:

*Typo - I meant to type, "all day drinking," but got it wrong

Very rarely post but felt I had to after today's game. Brill is rubbish, end of.

5 (well 4 really) clean sheets are not down to him but the rest of the team's play. Can anyone name 1 game when he made an outstanding save? I can't remember 1. His kicking, positioning, coming off his line, shot stopping and decision making are woeful and how this man has blagged his way into a professional footballer's job is beyond me. For God's sake he struggles with a back pass. Disgusted!!

Yup!! Charlton away full stretch over his left shoulder with a right finger tip save.

I happened to be at Carlo Nash's house this morning with work. I asked him if he fancied a loan spell at Latics.

He just grinned and was very non - comittal.

Couldn't have gone there and not asked could I??

Thoroughly nice fella btw.....

That reminds me when i delivered a running machine to Carrington

the same thing happened with Wes Brown, all i got was a grin!

its rude not to ask :grin:

• 2 weeks later...
Lower given the amount of penalties Fleming gives away?

Whatever. As I've said ever since Fleming was released, in the ten games (or so) that Fleming played last season, I can remember standing up say five times applauding a save in what, in my opinion, should have been a goal. I'm not saying Fleming is God, but he's better than Brill and shouldn't have been sent packing.

Want a laugh, read this;

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=24013&hl=brill

Whatever. As I've said ever since Fleming was released, in the ten games (or so) that Fleming played last season, I can remember standing up say five times applauding a save in what, in my opinion, should have been a goal. I'm not saying Fleming is God, but he's better than Brill and shouldn't have been sent packing.

Want a laugh, read this;

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=24013&hl=brill

Sent packing or didn't want to be here? Sounded more like he was homesick than anything.