Dean Brill

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world
Most keepers wouldn't have such a massive gap uncovered.

Disagree, it was an out-swinging free-kick. Cracking free kick, it wasnt hit straight.

That free kick was a good free kick. Not many keepers at this level would have saved that.

Bollocks! It's Robbie Williams' party-piece, the only thing he offers EVER, cover the near post and you save it, instead he positions himself where Williams can exploit the gap 'Not So' scrambles across but his starting position is too far the left and its in - Crap again from him!

I've defended him as much as I can, despite having mis-givings since the first game I saw him at Halifax - he's :censored:e and we need another keeper and quick. Fleming's not the answer either imo...

Edited by oafcprozac

Disagree, it was an out-swinging free-kick. Cracking free kick, it wasnt hit straight.

There was massive gap even when it hit the net, with the keeper nearer to the opposite post, he was caught napping - and not for the first time this season.

Apparently Brill was telling the wall to move across to cover that side more and the wall didn't- if he's telling his wall to move and they don't I'm not sure that's his fault. I've made my mind up about him now though- he isn't a number 1 for this level when Fleming is back play Fleming (although another poster in another topic made a good point- how many penalties did Fleming conceed last year) and stick Brill in the ressies. Playing ressie football and keeping clean sheets might give him some confidence.

Having said all that why was he facing a free-kick there in the first place because Hazell played a bad ball to Gregan from out free kick leaving Gregan little option but to play a bad ball back to Hazell who then lost it and fouled the guy who stole it from him. We are not Barcelona or Arsenal, we are Oldham in a situation like that in conditions like those that free-kick should have been going one place and one place only- their box and although he was reasonable today Hazell cost us point(s) with that error.

That free kick was a good free kick. Not many keepers at this level would have saved that.

Utter tosh brother. Being done yet again on the near post from a dead ball is a total no no. If it's hit over the wall and down again with pace, then fair play. But round it??? never. This fellow as to go in Jan.

thats five freekicks now resulting in a goal,swindon,hartelpool,acc stan,southampton,huddersfield,how many more chances does this guy need,get rid penney it,s beyond a joke now

You would have thought the goalkeeping coach would have spoted and rectfied that glaring fault, do Latics really need a goalkeeping coach anyway, IMO they are a trendy expense the club doesn't need.

Edited by BP1960

You would have thought the goalkeeping coach would have spoted and rectfied that glaring fault, do Latics really need a goalkeeping coach anyway, IMO they are a trendy expense the club doesn't need.

It's just not free kicks Brill is poor on. He's poor all round. I would have thought the manager and coaches all know he's poor like the vast majority of fans know, so all I can think of they've been told for now that's what they have to go with. The likes of simon who whilst it's commendable happy clap at everything, is now looking more and more silly in his backing of Brill come what may.

It's just not free kicks Brill is poor on. He's poor all round. I would have thought the manager and coaches all know he's poor like the vast majority of fans know, so all I can think of they've been told for now that's what they have to go with. The likes of simon who whilst it's commendable happy clap at everything, is now looking more and more silly in his backing of Brill come what may.

Is Ollerenshaw that bad he can't ouste Brill ?

Apparently Brill was telling the wall to move across to cover that side more and the wall didn't- if he's telling his wall to move and they don't I'm not sure that's his fault. I've made my mind up about him now though- he isn't a number 1 for this level when Fleming is back play Fleming (although another poster in another topic made a good point- how many penalties did Fleming conceed last year) and stick Brill in the ressies. Playing ressie football and keeping clean sheets might give him some confidence.

Having said all that why was he facing a free-kick there in the first place because Hazell played a bad ball to Gregan from out free kick leaving Gregan little option but to play a bad ball back to Hazell who then lost it and fouled the guy who stole it from him. We are not Barcelona or Arsenal, we are Oldham in a situation like that in conditions like those that free-kick should have been going one place and one place only- their box and although he was reasonable today Hazell cost us point(s) with that error.

Fleming won't play for Oldham again, that was made clear when they sent him out on a year long loan with not much longer than that left on his contract.

The free kick looked like it was a right footer that was going to curl it in the box - then at the very last second the talentless one from take that steps up and curled it left footed into brills near post - the wall should have shifted across when told - take it a step before and Hazell shouldn't have given the stupid free kick away - of which we never learnt from and give 2 more away later in the second half from very similar positions.

And as for the KN@@ head sat near me giving gregan stick all game - i don't know how much you had to drink before the game, but you can't handle your ale son as you shouted utter crap from start to finish - stay away you tool.

Weather poor didn't help - neither side got to grips at all with the conditions, Parker again had a couple of 1v1's and fluffed 'em, Whittaker was a waste of a blue shirt, Colbeck couldn't anticipate a football if it had a bell in it, our passing was woeful - apart from that onwards and upwards......

next week brill should not train with the first team. Get him and the GK coach by themselves, with brill having to come and catch balls thrown and kicked from andy, then get some reserve players in and challenge for the ball.

The man is a liability.I was in the suite afterwards when Sheehan came up and he basically said that Brill should have done better.Could also play against us next week as his loan wont be extended if at all until after the cup game.No one had a good game today,match spoilt by the conditions.

The free kick looked like it was a right footer that was going to curl it in the box - then at the very last second the talentless one from take that steps up and curled it left footed into brills near post - the wall should have shifted across when told - take it a step before and Hazell shouldn't have given the stupid free kick away - of which we never learnt from and give 2 more away later in the second half from very similar positions.

And as for the KN@@ head sat near me giving gregan stick all game - i don't know how much you had to drink before the game, but you can't handle your ale son as you shouted utter crap from start to finish - stay away you tool.

Weather poor didn't help - neither side got to grips at all with the conditions, Parker again had a couple of 1v1's and fluffed 'em, Whittaker was a waste of a blue shirt, Colbeck couldn't anticipate a football if it had a bell in it, our passing was woeful - apart from that onwards and upwards......

Mr Briefs(GH) i was sat in the Chaddy today and i knew the left back was taking it so im sure Brill should have known.It was ANOTHER basic error from the worst 1st choice keeper we have ever had in my Latics life time(over 25 yrs).Earlier in the season i said he cant be that bad having played over 100 league games etc but yes it seems he really is.

A big problem is that if he had let 25 goals in today and been at fault for every one he will still play next week!!! Thats bad management i'm afriad my friend.

I like goalkeepers to show who's boss, Gary Kelly a lower league keeper for much of his career was not as big, but would come for crosses and take the ball in the air by commanding a presence.

Brill lacks this presence IMO.

He is the only keeper I have ever seen organise a wall stood in the middle of his net.

Piss poor play led up to giving the free kick away.

Poor poor team this season. Its like being back in the Shaun Garnett/Paul Rickers days.

Edited by Butter