Dagnall

Heard a rumour today that we want to exchange o'grady and stephens for him,

i personally cant see it happening unless a bit of cash was invovled aswell,

what does everyone think if this deal was to go ahead?

would dagnall be good enough in league 1?

Guest sheridans_world

He's a good player at that level there is no denying that. The stats say it all:

23 Years old

155 games played

50 goals scored.

Worth a punt if it gets COG off the books...

COG is doing very well at Dale becuase he is getting games which means time on the pitch !!

His contract is up next summer and he will be able to talk to clubs again in Jan so with this in mind I wouldnt mind taking Dags on

Stephens is also a good player who never got the time on the pitch for latics

2 Players COG and Stephens who's careers have been put on hold for signing for a club that didnt really want them !!!

Guest sheridans_world
COG is doing very well at Dale becuase he is getting games which means time on the pitch !!

His contract is up next summer and he will be able to talk to clubs again in Jan so with this in mind I wouldnt mind taking Dags on

2 Players COG and Stephens who's careers have been put on hold for signing for a club that didnt really want them !!!

Regardless, striker with a one in three ratio. Gotta be worth it.

need a striker but not sure dagnall is the one not seen much of him but what i have doesnt scream out that he should be playing at a higher level and 1 in 3 including pens doesnt seem to be the right basis to step up to a higher league either. may just be being harsh and the games ive seen him in may have been bad ones. still want to see stephens get his chance here though

I think nowadays it's only foreign clubs who can talk to players 6 months in advance mate, I'm pretty sure it's one month for clubs in the same country. However I could be wrong so I hold my hands up and apologize in advance if I am.

Either way I think Dagnall looks a good player and wouldn't mind him here. Not sure if 'Dale would be interested in letting him go, as mentioned, without cash involved too.

need a striker but not sure dagnall is the one not seen much of him but what i have doesnt scream out that he should be playing at a higher level and 1 in 3 including pens doesnt seem to be the right basis to step up to a higher league either. may just be being harsh and the games ive seen him in may have been bad ones. still want to see stephens get his chance here though

Kind of agree with this, he's doing alright at Dale, but nothing suggests he'd be able to make the step up and still bang in the goals. He didn't do that great at Tranmere.

I also doubt Rochdale would actually want to trade him for O'Grady/Stephens.

to step up

Is it much of a step up? I doubt he'd want to come to this place anyroad.

My eldest lad wants me to take him to go and watch Dale, I might take this opportunity (vs Chesterfield in two weeks) to look at how different the two sides are.

I doubt Dale would want to break up the Dagnall/O'Grady partnership which seems to be firing very well at the moment.

Certainly not unless some cash was involved. Which we haven't really got. Particularly not after recently spending a lump on Colbeck.

Perhaps Rocky can provide some further insight??

I don't think Dagnall would have too many problems in League 1, not exactly worlds apart IMO.

I doubt Dale would want to break up the Dagnall/O'Grady partnership which seems to be firing very well at the moment.

Certainly not unless some cash was involved. Which we haven't really got. Particularly not after recently spending a lump on Colbeck.

Perhaps Rocky can provide some further insight??

I don't think Dagnall would have too many problems in League 1, not exactly worlds apart IMO.

Christ on a bike, Dan! Please don't remind me that we actually spent cash on him! <_<

Christ on a bike, Dan! Please don't remind me that we actually spent cash on him! <_<

I'm sure Dagnall did ok for the Bin Dippers in this league and a fair few were sorry to see him go. I'd have him here no problem BUT he has been something of a crock missing large periods of the last few seasons, so summat to be wary off.

If he does come, and his ratio of goals was 1 goal every 3 matches then if he plays in each league game that is 22 goals a season in the league

Also he would thrive on abbot's flick ons over the defence

We should still have some money remaining for the eardley transfer left surely.. it was only around 80k for our worthless lump wasnt it?

would swap co,g for him but keep stephhens as he could turn out to be a goood player.

Swap O'Grady for Daggers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Probably the stupidest rumour of the season. Throw in Dale Stephens as well. Still as stupid.

Dale only brought in Dale Stephens because Toner was injured and Keith Hill dislikes Keltie. Now Toner is coming back from injury and should be right, 'dale have pretty much said that Stephens is coming back.

O'Grady there till January. Hardly think O'Grady and Daggers is a fair swap. Dale arent stupid and value Dagnall at about £300k. Even more so with the bin dippers having a 20% sell on clause on him.

Most likely option is that 'dale will offer a small amount for O'Grady in January. Probably similar to what we paid for him. There's no way 'dale would sell their best striker having already let Le Fondre go this season.

Swap O'Grady for Daggers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Probably the stupidest rumour of the season. Throw in Dale Stephens as well. Still as stupid.

Dale only brought in Dale Stephens because Toner was injured and Keith Hill dislikes Keltie. Now Toner is coming back from injury and should be right, 'dale have pretty much said that Stephens is coming back.

O'Grady there till January. Hardly think O'Grady and Daggers is a fair swap. Dale arent stupid and value Dagnall at about £300k. Even more so with the bin dippers having a 20% sell on clause on him.

Most likely option is that 'dale will offer a small amount for O'Grady in January. Probably similar to what we paid for him. There's no way 'dale would sell their best striker having already let Le Fondre go this season.

Dale will have to sell one or two in January Luke, Hill and the Chairman pretty much confirmed it in an interview a couple of weeks ago. They're skint and prepared for it to cost them promotion - from the horses mouth. As for £300k for Dagnall - not a chance, he's too injury prone and would be a gamble for anyone. I'd like to see him here but no way he's worth more than Le Fondre...

Dale will have to sell one or two in January Luke, Hill and the Chairman pretty much confirmed it in an interview a couple of weeks ago. They're skint and prepared for it to cost them promotion - from the horses mouth. As for £300k for Dagnall - not a chance, he's too injury prone and would be a gamble for anyone. I'd like to see him here but no way he's worth more than Le Fondre...

It'll be something around that mark given they sold a kid who'd never played to Celtic for £100,000. Add the Le Fondre money and more season tickets sold than any recent times. I wouldnt read too much into the 'skint' words. Particularly those wrote by the Observer (similar to the chron in twisting stories to make a headline). Let's not forget this is the same 'dale who've loaned Whaley from Norwich who's on a fair whack. Dale will always live within their means. Which is why Hilly constantly comes out with comments such as those last weekend aimed at Bournemouth and Rotherham (pretty much the same reason why he laughed when Rotherham wanted him). There's not an awful lot of money (the budget was reduced on last season - though the amount of players has dropped and you've got the likes of Dawson who've come in from Radcliffe Boro on free transfers on a pittance in the starting 11. They're not skint that they have to sell - though if an offer that meets the clubs valuation comes in then it'd be ta'ra to whoever it may be. Same as what the club has said for it's entire history.

2006/07 - 18 goals

2007/08 - 9 goals

2008/09 - 10 goals

This season - 9

Not too shabby for someone injury prone.

dagnall is getting lots of goals at league two level and i think he would be a very good striker for league one. give him some service (like abbotts flick ons) and a player with the pace he does will get alot of goals. if we do get him though, dale would suffer. they always seem to sell their best players when they get good. rickie lambert, grant holt, glenn murray, adam le fondre are just a few