Hills and Flahavan

294 appearances for 1 club doesn't look bad on his c.v. though.

2 promotions and appearances in LDV finals, play off finals and a championship medal...along with 1 relegation from the Championship and played nearly four times the games Brill has. Happy with his signing, surely has been brought in to play?

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

294 appearances for 1 club doesn't look bad on his c.v. though.

Shows he has consistently been a number 1 somewhere, although I would expect Brill has a similar record.

Edit to say just looked at Brills record. He has played a lot less games than I expected. Thought he had been around for longer.

Edited by wozz_oafc

Brill's only just played 100 games mate, he was never out and out nailed on number one at Luton until the finances bit hard.

Yeah just had a look at his stats on the OS. I think he must have played against us in Lutons promotion season at BP and I have assumed he was their number 1. Im sure I have seen us play against him before at least once.

Yeah just had a look at his stats on the OS. I think he must have played against us in Lutons promotion season at BP and I have assumed he was their number 1. Im sure I have seen us play against him before at least once.

He played in their 3-0 win at KR in March '08, he was sub as a 17 year old in Sept' 03, I think he came on as sub for Beckwith who was sent off for deliberate hand-ball if I remember correctly with The hatters already 3-0 down.

Played in the 1-1 at BP in Dec '07 too, when we were kicked off the park.

Edited by oafcprozac

again 2 quality signings from DP, shows he is constantly seeing who to get if x leaves/costs too much (hills is obv a cheaper option than sheehan in order to get him and a keeper in)

colin says neither are of the 'required quality' so must be in the fa cup games.

Flahavan is a solid 'proper' keeper, always had blinders against us in the past, hopefully we can sign him permanently after the loan, hills is a good young left back who was being tracked by the big clubs until recently and is still only 19, again hope we make it permanent

well done DP!!!!

2 promotions and appearances in LDV finals, play off finals and a championship medal...along with 1 relegation from the Championship and played nearly four times the games Brill has. Happy with his signing, surely has been brought in to play?

I'm happy with it yes, I just hope that the 2 moves since 2000 haven't unsettled him too much, after being somewhere for 8 years then move on twice could have some form of effect on him, hope not. I'll be watching the lad like a hawk on Saturday, if he does okay for the month he is here I would expect to see that loan extended if possible with a view to giving him a contract in January as he comes on a free anyway so.....fingers crossed. Sorry Dean you just aren't cut out for the job of shot stopper, your record with previous clubs has shone through, take a seat pal.

Just speaking to the Palace fan here who goes to reserves and everything, he reckons Flahavan would get in a lot of sides in the Championship but isn’t in with a shout of a game with Speroni there, and as they are desperate for revenue they aren’t using any cup games to give fringe players a run out, so he needs to go out. It’s not like Colin is that fussed about having a keeper on the bench anyway. He reckons Hills will be a Premiership player when he has games under his belt, and is surprised we got him over Colchester, fingers crossed we’ve got a good pair.

Club career statistics

Southend United 2000–01 29 0 4 0 - 33 0

Southend United 2001–02 41 0 5 0 - 46 0

Southend United 2002–03 41 0 5 0 - 46 0

Southend United 2003–04 37 0 5 0 - 42 0

Southend United 2004–05 31 0 - - 31 0

Southend United 2005–06 43 0 2 0 - 45 0

Southend United 2006–07 46 0 8 0 - 54 0

Southend United 2007–08 26 0 3 0 2 0 31 0

Total 2000-2008 294

Most impressive career with Southend, I like it.

Edit: for easier reading.

Edited by tangerinedreams

Just speaking to the Palace fan here who goes to reserves and everything, he reckons Flahavan would get in a lot of sides in the Championship but isn’t in with a shout of a game with Speroni there, and as they are desperate for revenue they aren’t using any cup games to give fringe players a run out, so he needs to go out. It’s not like Colin is that fussed about having a keeper on the bench anyway. He reckons Hills will be a Premiership player when he has games under his belt, and is surprised we got him over Colchester, fingers crossed we’ve got a good pair.

The only thing that's worrying me about all this is the fact that Colin is the last person (After perhaps Sharpe) I would ever expect to do us a favour....... which makes me think is he?? :unsure:

Just psoken to a Palarse supporting colelague.

He rates Lee Hills highly "should be a good player at your level, without mening to sound patrnising" (He'sa decent chap too.)

He sides hes a fullback /wide midfield

Good player should do well he said in summary

Flavs is a qaulity keeper. He causes one or two heart stopping moments on crosses but when it comes to shot stopping, we all thought and many agreed, that he was the best outside the prem!

First Maher, now Flavs.... Just Freddy Eastwood and Adam Barrett to go and you have had all my recent years favourites!

Edited by Seasiders71

Flavs is a qaulity keeper. He causes one or two heart stopping moments on crosses but when it comes to shot stopping, we all thought and many agreed, that he was the best outside the prem!

First Maher, now Flavs.... Just Freddy Eastwood and Adam Barrett to go and you have had all my recent years favourites!

He should fit right in then, Col! :wink: