outnumbered at home on Saturday?

Leeds site reported 700 tickets left in RRE on 2nd Nov - 5 days before the game. If I assume they will bring 4500, will we at least match them with a gate of 9000+ ! I think its a tight call and wonder if we've been outnumbered before? At least we took more to Spotland in league cup in Aug 2008!

Leeds site reported 700 tickets left in RRE on 2nd Nov - 5 days before the game. If I assume they will bring 4500, will we at least match them with a gate of 9000+ ! I think its a tight call and wonder if we've been outnumbered before? At least we took more to Spotland in league cup in Aug 2008!

I would be surprised if its has never happened before...

A few times against Citeh!!!! Prob against Manure aswell. :angry:

Well the club have had a week and a half to market a Cup game against our local rivals and the biggest team playing in the competition at this stage, and have done f*** all. If they can't be bothered then it's no surprise if the Oldham public can't either and we're embarrassingly outnumbered.

On a similar note to Prozac's thread about Hudders rugby, I bought something once for a Colchester fan from their website...and am well aware when their Leeds (and other big clubs) game is because I'm indundated with marketing emails in the weeks and then especially the days leading up to it.

Maybe it will be a kick up the arse to the club to put some (any) effort into the marketing side of things, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thats what im thinking, im geussing back when there was no segregation and seating that there is a good chance that its happened before.

West Brom in 1976. Last game of the season. IIRC the crowd wat 22K with 15K from the Albion as they won promotion.

City the first time after they came down. Again IIRC a crowd of around 20K with 15K from the blue half of that manc town.

There are probably others As far as I recall United have never had more fans in BP than we have and that included the game on 28/12/74 when there were 26k in BP.

Can anyone remember us outnumbering the home fans?

2 that spring to mind are the 73/74 season at both Southport and York.

Oh and did we have more fans at Wembley than Forest?

Cheers,

Harry

Well the club have had a week and a half to market a Cup game against our local rivals and the biggest team playing in the competition at this stage, and have done f*** all. If they can't be bothered then it's no surprise if the Oldham public can't either and we're embarrassingly outnumbered.

On a similar note to Prozac's thread about Hudders rugby, I bought something once for a Colchester fan from their website...and am well aware when their Leeds (and other big clubs) game is because I'm indundated with marketing emails in the weeks and then especially the days leading up to it.

Maybe it will be a kick up the arse to the club to put some (any) effort into the marketing side of things, but I'm not holding my breath.

Well if it is then they have 23 days from the first game to the second game against Leeds in which to get the marketing right but I wouldn't bank on them coming anywhere near close selling out the home stands with home supporters.

As for the OP original question- Citeh (especially when we played them in a friendly and it was Weah's first game) and United must have come close on a few occassions just by the number of non-plussed fans you saw when we scored. Yes it is embarrassing but why does the board care when it comes down to the bottom line a Leeds fan's £20 is as good as an Oldham fan's £20 and you wonder if it isn't going to be a sign of things to come for the next few seasons.

The Leeds fanzine is encouraging those from the wrong side of the Pennines to arrive early and drink in the Clayton Arms, on one corner of the ground, which serves decent Lees beers and reasonably priced food, but it’s a bit small and gets extremely busy on matchdays. :laught16::who:

http://www.clubfanzine.com/leeds/v2.showNews.php?id=26761

The Leeds fanzine is encouraging those from the wrong side of the Pennines to arrive early and drink in the Clayton Arms, on one corner of the ground, which serves decent Lees beers and reasonably priced food, but it’s a bit small and gets extremely busy on matchdays. :laught16::who:

http://www.clubfanzine.com/leeds/v2.showNews.php?id=26761

Sorry Diego but that is a little bit pot kettle and black where you are concerned as I alone must have corrected your errors in similar posts on a similar topic on this forum half a dozen times.

Although some of their info is so out of date it isn't even funny- its not like Leeds didn't come here 8 months ago- when the claring errors in that article compared to real life were just as obvious.

West Brom in 1976. Last game of the season. IIRC the crowd wat 22K with 15K from the Albion as they won promotion.

City the first time after they came down. Again IIRC a crowd of around 20K with 15K from the blue half of that manc town.

There are probably others As far as I recall United have never had more fans in BP than we have and that included the game on 28/12/74 when there were 26k in BP.

Cheers,

Harry

Yes we did. I think they sent around 5000 back and we sold them aswell so prob had around 10000 more.

Sorry Diego but that is a little bit pot kettle and black where you are concerned as I alone must have corrected your errors in similar posts on a similar topic on this forum half a dozen times.

Although some of their info is so out of date it isn't even funny- its not like Leeds didn't come here 8 months ago- when the claring errors in that article compared to real life were just as obvious.

I'm the first to appreciate that information gets out of date, and that's the risk I take in trying to help fans on away trips. But you correcting me half a dozen times? It's not like a medic to be prone to exaggeration!

The fact that they came so recently makes the misinformation funny to me. Oh yes and saying the Clayton Arms sold decent Lees beer! :grin:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I'm the first to appreciate that information gets out of date, and that's the risk I take in trying to help fans on away trips. But you correcting me half a dozen times? It's not like a medic to be prone to exaggeration!

The fact that they came so recently makes the misinformation funny to me.

Over the year or so (is it) you've been doing it I think it may be around that number- but a lot of the time they were minor quibbles over accuracy not the major errors in that article (don't get me wrong I do recognise the work you put in and it is often the first place I look for that little something extra about an away trip). I would agree though that when you have visited the ground at least once since some of the claring errors it is bloody hilarious to get it that badly wrong

Over the year or so (is it) you've been doing it I think it may be around that number- but a lot of the time they were minor quibbles over accuracy not the major errors in that article (don't get me wrong I do recognise the work you put in and it is often the first place I look for that little something extra about an away trip). I would agree though that when you have visited the ground at least once since some of the claring errors it is bloody hilarious to get it that badly wrong

The two errors that stick in my mind were me not knowing Manchester was dug up preventing the Metro from running across the city, and advising people to visit the Cutty Sark at Greenwich, forgetting the catostrophic fire damage to the vessel, pointed out be leeslover. There may have been others but I can't think of them.

If you want any advice about the Blue Boar in Southend, let me know. :grin:

[

Posted yesterday on another thread

From the Waccoe site regarding Saturday's match.

I went down to get 4 yesterday. Lady at the office told me we had 600 left from an allocation of 3k.

And this morning on Waccoe

Today, 08:22 AM Post #98

leeds clearly stated that they had 3000 to sell, yes we all know it holds 4600, and yes we have been allocated the whole stand should we need it. if any of you retards think we will, or should, sell over 4000 for a :censored:y first round cup game at a ground most people have been to many times then you need a reality check. we will take upwards of 2500, which by anyones standards is very good. simple as, fact, end of.

Edited by LaticsPete

It feels like the home supporters are in the minority regularly, with the majority of the crowd on the backs of our players.

P.S. Don't forget, if you haven't bought your ticket by 6:00pm on Friday, you can't attend.

It is a mistake doing this. So many people only decide to go on the saturday. Me for one.

Cheers,

Harry

We outnumbered Dale for the League cup game in 2008 when we had 3400 there in a 5000 and something crowd.

We sold 32000 tickets for Wembley, but I don't recall that this was more than Forest though.

[/b]

It is a mistake doing this. So many people only decide to go on the saturday. Me for one.

If they do that when it's not an option, then they're just looking for an excuse for not attending.

At least by not selling tickets on the day, the few of us there should not be troubled by fans from the wrong side of the Pennines sitting with us.

If they do that when it's not an option, then they're just looking for an excuse for not attending.

At least by not selling tickets on the day, the few of us there should not be troubled by fans from the wrong side of the Pennines sitting with us.

Im right though. There are a lot of fickle fans out there who make their mind up on the day. It depends on the weather, mates attending, money, etc.

Its not unusual for me to get a txt on saturday dinner from a number of my mates asking me if im going to the game. Sometimes i do, sometimes i don't. I definitely won't if i can't get a ticket on the day.

Cheers,

Harry

Rochdale away in the league cup last season.

Im right though. There are a lot of fickle fans out there who make their mind up on the day. It depends on the weather, mates attending, money, etc.

Its not unusual for me to get a txt on saturday dinner from a number of my mates asking me if im going to the game. Sometimes i do, sometimes i don't. I definitely won't if i can't get a ticket on the day.

But it's standard practice for all-ticket matches and I can't believe that people (possibly including yourself) have not picked up tickets in advance on previous occasions. City ? Bolton?

The all ticket designation is not a club option. It is set by the police and those who grant the club the licence i.e. the Local Authority. An all ticket designation means that no tickets can be sold on the day no matter which club it is. In other words it applies up and down the country.

Anyone who thinks that the clubs would "choose" to go down this route is living in misguided, when it is depriving them of revenue.

Cheers,

Harry

Edited by Harry Dowds Green Shirt

But it's standard practice for all-ticket matches and I can't believe that people (possibly including yourself) have not picked up tickets in advance on previous occasions. City ? Bolton?

Yeah, i bought tickets in advance for both those games. As it turns out, i can't go to the Leeds match because im away this weekend.