outnumbered at home on Saturday?

West Brom in 1976. Last game of the season. IIRC the crowd wat 22K with 15K from the Albion as they won promotion.

City the first time after they came down. Again IIRC a crowd of around 20K with 15K from the blue half of that manc town.

There are probably others As far as I recall United have never had more fans in BP than we have and that included the game on 28/12/74 when there were 26k in BP.

Can anyone remember us outnumbering the home fans?

2 that spring to mind are the 73/74 season at both Southport and York.

Oh and did we have more fans at Wembley than Forest?

Cheers,

Harry

I remeber that game, despite being only 9.

We were always late with my dad, but normally sat in the Ford Stand, but it was locked, so we sneaked round to the Chaddy, got in. I remember ho wpacked it was.

Im right though. There are a lot of fickle fans out there who make their mind up on the day. It depends on the weather, mates attending, money, etc.

Its not unusual for me to get a txt on saturday dinner from a number of my mates asking me if im going to the game. Sometimes i do, sometimes i don't. I definitely won't if i can't get a ticket on the day.

The Club's financial plight is not helped by 'fickle fans', and who in their right mind would build a stadium with thousands of unnecessary seats just in case all the fickle fans decide to turn up at once?

The Club's financial plight is not helped by 'fickle fans', and who in their right mind would build a stadium with thousands of unnecessary seats just in case all the fickle fans decide to turn up at once?

Very true, but football clubs in the lower leagues will always have 'fickle fans'. Just like they have a group of 'hardcore fans' Its just the way it is.

Can anyone remember us outnumbering the home fans?

Two that spring to mind which haven't been mentioned- Bury away on a Tuesday night- the kick off had to be put back as loads were still trying to get in we could well have had more than them that day (Colusso's goal game). Also Crewe late on with Shez at the helm 1st season- we had two stands fairly full and they didn't have that many.

Two that spring to mind which haven't been mentioned- Bury away on a Tuesday night- the kick off had to be put back as loads were still trying to get in we could well have had more than them that day (Colusso's goal game). Also Crewe late on with Shez at the helm 1st season- we had two stands fairly full and they didn't have that many.

First one. Ish. I think they probably had just about more.

Second. No chance. One Crewe stand is 10 times the rest put together. Ish.

Edited by OldhamSheridan