Tactically inept

The manager moves Colbeck from the right wing to the left, he immediately loses possession, the ball is switched to the opposite flank which had little cover and Leeds score. (Colbeck is then subbed).

I have heard of managers making changes in order to create a goal for their own team, but not the opposition.

My heart sank when he introduced Lee, why wasn't the giant Eaves given a run, at least his height might have posed some problems to a Leeds defence which won everything in the air.

Love it when fans use that term like they are experts at football management

To put you right Senor, I have worked for some of the top managers and coaches in the game, I can spot when a team is unbalanced and that's what happened before Leeds scored.

You can bet the Leeds coaches spotted it too.

Now Senor, can you honestly tell me before the game you had much faith in Parker and Smalley scoring a goal ?

To put you right Senor, I have worked for some of the top managers and coaches in the game, I can spot when a team is unbalanced and that's what happened before Leeds scored.

You can bet the Leeds coaches spotted it too.

Now Senor, can you honestly tell me before the game you had much faith in Parker and Smalley scoring a goal ?

No, but they were our only options without throwing kids in, one of whom has looked woefully out of his depth whenever he's come on according to reports on here.

Given the injuries it was the best we could put out and they put up a decent show against the best team in the division

No, but they were our only options without throwing kids in, one of whom has looked woefully out of his depth whenever he's come on according to reports on here.

Given the injuries it was the best we could put out and they put up a decent show against the best team in the division

Does anyone agree it's strange a goalpoacher like Brandy from down the road at Man United wasn't snapped up on loan by Latics and has gone instead to Gillingham ?

Edited by BP1960

I did not no were any of the players was playing i think Taylor played in evry position in midfield and we only had one up front. Everytime we challenged it was a freekick. we missed pav the strength up front up was needed.

are city still our parent club dont they have young strickers or fringe players what we can have

I know I have said this before, but having watched them many times I am certain the forwards Gray and Whalley at Droylsden would score plenty of goals in this division, but it appears the club don't do non league.

I should imagine you could have got both of them for the price of Colbeck.

are city still our parent club dont they have young strickers or fringe players what we can have

Brilliant that we think signing a striker will be the answer to all (or at least some) of our problems - how many times was the ball in the Leeds box tonight for a striker to have a sniff of goal??

Does anyone agree it's strange a goalpoacher like Brandy from down the road at Man United wasn't snapped up on loan by Latics and has gone instead to Gillingham ?

Exactly!!! I think penney and gray must watch matches blindfolded if they think our strikeforce is upto scratch.

Brilliant that we think signing a striker will be the answer to all (or at least some) of our problems - how many times was the ball in the Leeds box tonight for a striker to have a sniff of goal??

I don't think Blackman will be the goalscoring savior, he spends much of his time outside the penalty area and on the flanks, it's someone to sniff out goals that's required.

It will be time to judge when all our players (or most) are back to full fitness. I don't think we're that far away from holding our own in the main. Of all the recent managers we've had I like what Penney says and tries to do. He knows his mind and he's consistant in what he says. I believe if we give him the necessary time and backing he'll get it right.

Agree the club have no relationship with manure.... its one of the reason I hate the Amercian club, they do nothing to support the local teams in the Northwest

The manager moves Colbeck from the right wing to the left, he immediately loses possession, the ball is switched to the opposite flank which had little cover and Leeds score. (Colbeck is then subbed).

I have heard of managers making changes in order to create a goal for their own team, but not the opposition.

My heart sank when he introduced Lee, why wasn't the giant Eaves given a run, at least his height might have posed some problems to a Leeds defence which won everything in the air.

you know, this is probably one of the worst Latics teams i have seen. Normally when i watch Latics im tense for the whole 90 minutes, yesterday i knew after Howson scored that that was that. Reminds me of a couple of seasons ago under Shez when as soon as we went behind you could pretty much know the final result. I cant recall us ever being this toothless up front. Leeds werent on their game last night %

you know, this is probably one of the worst Latics teams i have seen. Normally when i watch Latics im tense for the whole 90 minutes, yesterday i knew after Howson scored that that was that. Reminds me of a couple of seasons ago under Shez when as soon as we went behind you could pretty much know the final result. I cant recall us ever being this toothless up front. Leeds werent on their game last night (Greegs kept Beckford in his pocket..............again) but if we were still playing now we still wouldnt have scored. Once Pav is out, we are left with nothing. Parker will be lucky to hit double figures this season, works hard but not a striker.

Im far from a Rugby Ron fan, but people say his football was boring! This is boring and not getting results!

you know, this is probably one of the worst Latics teams i have seen. Normally when i watch Latics im tense for the whole 90 minutes, yesterday i knew after Howson scored that that was that. Reminds me of a couple of seasons ago under Shez when as soon as we went behind you could pretty much know the final result. I cant recall us ever being this toothless up front. Leeds werent on their game last night (Greegs kept Beckford in his pocket..............again) but if we were still playing now we still wouldnt have scored. Once Pav is out, we are left with nothing. Parker will be lucky to hit double figures this season, works hard but not a striker.

Im far from a Rugby Ron fan, but people say his football was boring! This is boring and not getting results!

Edited by Killens_physio

Didn't he get 2 goals in 12 matches when on loan last year? Prolific.

Stats don't tell everything for example, Grant Holt 10 games for Halifax and Barrow 1 goal.

Make no mistake Brandy will score goals at this level, next week will be a big test for Latics.

Edited by BP1960