Do you trust the TTA

Do you trust the TTA?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Taking into account their overall tenure so far

• Trust them
    • Do not trust them

How utterly unambitious of you - you'll be happy with 1000 on the gate, break even, same level of squad.

In the short term...

I'd like to see us save on ground running costs, get an even bigger gate from the interest generated, spend more on the squad and potentially achieve promotion. :grin:

I really hope that happens...I fear it wont in Failsworth though...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that happens...I fear it wont in Failsworth though...

What are those fears based on?

The way I see it is, the vast majority of those that attend now will stay with the club. Some of the local Failsworth people will give it a go, some will keep coming.

From the perspective of increased customer base, moving deeper into oldham won't have any effect, moving towards the borders will, even though it's a move towards rivals. People priced out of old trafford (ticket >£35+ parking £5? + food £3? + drink £3 a pint?) could turn up at latics for £18 + no parking, pint in local pub, pie on the walk down. £46 or £18. Ok, citeh might be able to match oour price, but reds won't go there.

Kids for £50 a season, get them indoctrinated.

Anyone looked at the population within 3 miles of the failsworth site?

I dont trust them a jot.

IMO they will take the money from the sale of BP and run like hell.

My position is simple,the lands worth a fortune,and they know it.They are not in it because of any love for the club,they have gone on record as saying that,they are businessmen.

So,why else did they buy the club,someone tell me.

Edited by rigsby

What are those fears based on?

The way I see it is, the vast majority of those that attend now will stay with the club. Some of the local Failsworth people will give it a go, some will keep coming.

From the perspective of increased customer base, moving deeper into oldham won't have any effect, moving towards the borders will, even though it's a move towards rivals. People priced out of old trafford (ticket >£35+ parking £5? + food £3? + drink £3 a pint?) could turn up at latics for £18 + no parking, pint in local pub, pie on the walk down. £46 or £18. Ok, citeh might be able to match oour price, but reds won't go there.

Kids for £50 a season, get them indoctrinated.

Anyone looked at the population within 3 miles of the failsworth site?

We will really need to be prepared for a big marketing drive if/when we go to failsworth it mean offering more than what you are suggesting.

For me one thing we have lost since knocking down the lookers stand is the junior Latics Lounge which although Ive never seen what this was like atleast gave some of the kids somewhere to go.

I don't know if this would be a goer but I will put it out there and see what people think Wouldn't it be great if we could have a facility like this for the junior Latics which was open before and after the games as part of the family stand in it you could have in there things such as Xbox's Wii fits tv's internet facility and if your feeling ambitious a sports hall for them to have a kickabout. Open it for an hour before and after the game it will mean the mums and dads can leave their kids their while they go for a pre and post match drink. Plus you could open somewhere like that up during the week and it would give some of the local kids somewhere to go in the evenings keeping them off the streets which might win around a few discerning locals. Now I don't know how people would feel about something like that or if it is viable but I think it would add value overtime and get the young kids involved with the club we do need to think outside the box if we want to boost our fanbase.

We will really need to be prepared for a big marketing drive if/when we go to failsworth it mean offering more than what you are suggesting.

For me one thing we have lost since knocking down the lookers stand is the junior Latics Lounge which although Ive never seen what this was like atleast gave some of the kids somewhere to go.

I don't know if this would be a goer but I will put it out there and see what people think Wouldn't it be great if we could have a facility like this for the junior Latics which was open before and after the games as part of the family stand in it you could have in there things such as Xbox's Wii fits tv's internet facility and if your feeling ambitious a sports hall for them to have a kickabout. Open it for an hour before and after the game it will mean the mums and dads can leave their kids their while they go for a pre and post match drink. Plus you could open somewhere like that up during the week and it would give some of the local kids somewhere to go in the evenings keeping them off the streets which might win around a few discerning locals. Now I don't know how people would feel about something like that or if it is viable but I think it would add value overtime and get the young kids involved with the club we do need to think outside the box if we want to boost our fanbase.

Usually 10 kids in there. Maybe 20 on a good day. Including the 4 I was taking in.

Good use of resources?

It wasn't a bad thing, but it wasn't a hugely important thing either.

Usually 10 kids in there. Maybe 20 on a good day. Including the 4 I was taking in.

Good use of resources?

It wasn't a bad thing, but it wasn't a hugely important thing either.

To be fair I do not think it was pushed / advertised enough...

Boundary Blue guy I was talking to when my nephew was the mascot says it was a loss he felt...

I don't really want to take him to the pub ( not a kid environment ) and it's not the best just turning up for the game.

Also note 10 kids today could equal 30-50 in the future when they all bring their mates etc. If you can grow and scale these things they can pay off.

Provide a bar and kids club house in a stand and it could pay off...

Edited by oafc0000

To be fair I do not think it was pushed / advertised enough...

Boundary Blue guy I was talking to when my nephew was the mascot says it was a loss he felt...

I don't really want to take him to the pub ( not a kid environment ) and it's not the best just turning up for the game.

Also note 10 kids today could equal 30-50 in the future when they all bring their mates etc. If you can grow and scale these things they can pay off.

Provide a bar and kids club house in a stand and it could pay off...

Thats exactly what I was thinking if we could offer a bar plus a kids facility in a new family stand it could be goer. By the time we move to failsworth the big two in manchester may well be the top 2 teams in the country maybe even in europe we are going to have to offer them something different to get a new generation of fans in perhaps their maybe a niche for us to become the community/family club it maybe one way to get the floating fans in.

Thats exactly what I was thinking if we could offer a bar plus a kids facility in a new family stand it could be goer. By the time we move to failsworth the big two in manchester may well be the top 2 teams in the country maybe even in europe we are going to have to offer them something different to get a new generation of fans in perhaps their maybe a niche for us to become the community/family club it maybe one way to get the floating fans in.

It could open on our non-match days to show the local families their beloved Reds and lazer Blues in action.

I guess the answer to that is do you want there to be an Oldham Athletic Football Club any more?

If you are prepared to let us slip from existance, or you beleive like The Corp that whatever we do we are doomed, then the answer to your question is there isn't a point any more.

However if you still want a club to support in 2,5 or 10 years time then there is a point, and as a fan the only way you can do this is to turn out on a game day and put your money through the turnstiles.

Loyalty can only stretch so far, fans won't pay hard earned money time and time again for an awful product.

• 2 months later...
It's a silly question I'm afraid. trust them to do what? Throw good money after bad? Always put their own interest second? To never turn a profit?

This poll was from November and would be interesting to see the reaction now, but it does say in the question their overal tenure.

I think I might do this one again in view of th eincrease in nmegativity to see if there has been a shift.

It still was approx 70% approval rate.

Do I trust them to do what they believe is right for the football club? Yes.

Do I trust them to always get that right? No - they're human.

Will I still trust them if a portion of the fanbase pisses them off to the extent that they could reasonably say "we're not wanted"? No chance.

Backs against the wall, not wanted and personal money at stake - not a set of circumstances where you can trust anybody.