Gillingham fans

just been on the Gillingham 606 Page and their fans seem to think we are a load of 'unprofesional' 'yobs' who 'ruin the game'.

if its true then why have we resorted to playing so physically. surely there is a better way to play around abbotts absence than fouling.we got 6 yellows today which makes me think that these players cannot be bothered to play for the club. if they do not want to bother to win the ball fairly then do we want them to play for us?

hopefully penney will realise that oldham arent a very physical side and we need a new approach to try and win games.

I have few problems with a physical approach to defending and breaking up the flow of our opponents.

But once we've done that we struggle to be creative and threatening going forwards. Even when Abbott is fit.

It's very worrying. There have been so many games this season in which we haven't scored. I know that a number of weeks back we were 23rd on goals scored. Does anyone know what the sistuation with that is now?

what's wrong with being a bit physical? It's better than having a bunch of soft :censored: getting easily pushed off the ball. We can't be that dirty anyway as we haven't had a red card so far this season.

May be six bookings shows the endeavour put in by the team - we all know that half of 'em were probably not deserved anyway... and that was never a penalty :angry:

just been on the Gillingham 606 Page and their fans seem to think we are a load of 'unprofesional' 'yobs' who 'ruin the game'.

if its true then why have we resorted to playing so physically. surely there is a better way to play around abbotts absence than fouling.we got 6 yellows today which makes me think that these players cannot be bothered to play for the club. if they do not want to bother to win the ball fairly then do we want them to play for us?

hopefully penney will realise that oldham arent a very physical side and we need a new approach to try and win games.

Yes you are correct the players dont want to play for us at all so they put in bad tackles in the hope that they will accumulate yellow cards or get sent off in order to get suspended therefore not having to play for us. These players are cleverer than they look.

We weren't that physical apart from Furman, who is same old same old with his style of tackling.

This looks like Furman’s challenge for which he got the booking resulting in suspension.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/spo...n_pictures.aspx

There was also some 'handbags' during the game, as illustrated in one of the other pictures.

This looks like Furman’s challenge for which he got the booking resulting in suspension.

There was also some 'handbags' during the game, as illustrated in one of the other pictures.

The discipliniary link on the FA site is missing, but I'm fairly sure 5 bookings before the end of November is a 3 match ban, commencing next Saturday. A £2,000 fine for 6 bookings also seems familiar, but I can't confirm this!

Edited by opinions4u

If it isn't then he should have done that looks like a nasty one- some refs would have sent him off judging by that pic.

I didn't think we were over physical. There were a few tasty tackles in there but the number of bookings had a lot to do with the fact that the ref completely lost it for ten minutes after the penalty.

That said, Rubes should have definitely walked for the foul at the end when their guy was through.

I didn't think we were over physical. There were a few tasty tackles in there but the number of bookings had a lot to do with the fact that the ref completely lost it for ten minutes after the penalty.

That said, Rubes should have definitely walked for the foul at the end when their guy was through.

Couldn't really see what was going going on down the other end in the first half but there seemed to be some ongoing niggles. We can't really complain about us getting yellows after the pen as most of us were enthusiastically encouraging our players to break that little turd's legs...

Couldn't really see what was going going on down the other end in the first half but there seemed to be some ongoing niggles. We can't really complain about us getting yellows after the pen as most of us were enthusiastically encouraging our players to break that little laughing turd's legs...

Of all the abuse hurled at laughing Brandy, I can't recall Munich being mentioned.

I think I did hear that, not that it stuck in the mind much. What I was calling him was disrespectful to a lady's undercarriage and Frodo Baggins though so I'm not casting the first stone.