Please continue- Not To

Walking down Sheepfoot lane on Saturday, i was not feeling very confident, due to the poor home results so far this season. All the negativity etc surrounding the club, and to put it in a nutshell, listening to MOULDY OLD DOUGH as the team came Out. Says it all ! Surprise Surprise. Not played! positive vibes from the beginning.

Does anyone else feel the same?

Walking down Sheepfoot lane on Saturday, i was not feeling very confident, due to the poor home results so far this season. All the negativity etc surrounding the club, and to put it in a nutshell, listening to MOULDY OLD DOUGH as the team came Out. Says it all ! Surprise Surprise. Not played! positive vibes from the beginning.

Does anyone else feel the same?

im confused to what you mean?

you say listening to Mouldy old dough as the team cam out , says it all , surprise surprise , not played?

:blink:

No, I love Mouldy old dough, its the club song and traditional to play it before every game, I hope they never drop it, it reminds me of when I first started going as a kid.

Mouldy Old Dough when I first started going to games was played at 2.15 when Franny's predecessor Chris Henthorne began his PA duties for the afternoon. The decision to make it our entrance music was daft we need summat to get the old juices flowing:- Two Tribes, The Pretender or summat like that, summat rousing and summat people know!

However, my clear winner would be the intro to the Muppet Show, encapsulates our home performances so far pefectly! 'Cos let's face it, most of us sit near Stadler and Waldorf lookalikes! "That was :censored:e Taylor, Useless Parker, hopeless Gregan...we came from 2-0 down you say? We loved it!"

Mouldy Old Dough when I first started going to games was played at 2.15 when Franny's predecessor Chris Henthorne began his PA duties for the afternoon. The decision to make it our entrance music was daft we need summat to get the old juices flowing:- Two Tribes, The Pretender or summat like that, summat rousing and summat people know!

However, my clear winner would be the intro to the Muppet Show, encapsulates our home performances so far pefectly! 'Cos let's face it, most of us sit near Stadler and Waldorf lookalikes! "That was :censored:e Taylor, Useless Parker, hopeless Gregan...we came from 2-0 down you say? We loved it!"

Yeah, I don't think MOD is the right music to come out to (we need something more stirring), but it should always be played prior to the game.

Yeah, I don't think MOD is the right music to come out to (we need something more stirring), but it should always be played prior to the game.

I agree that it should go back to it's old slot. One of main memories of the pre-match experience hearing Mouldy Old Dough crackling over the tannoy.

Having Done the PA on Saturday I can say that Mouldy Old Dough wasn't played as the teams came out. It was played in the build up to the game at around 2:50. The team came out to a track by The Whip called "Trash" granted not the best title for a song for chosen run out music, but it is upbeat!

Personally I think that there is a place for MOD as it is an all time Latics anthem, though I don't think it's run out music. That said hopefully Franny will have recovered from illness to be back for the Leeds game

Having Done the PA on Saturday I can say that Mouldy Old Dough wasn't played as the teams came out. It was played in the build up to the game at around 2:50. The team came out to a track by The Whip called "Trash" granted not the best title for a song for chosen run out music, but it is upbeat!

Personally I think that there is a place for MOD as it is an all time Latics anthem, though I don't think it's run out music. That said hopefully Franny will have recovered from illness to be back for the Leeds game

Regardless of personal views, MOD was voted, in a democratic poll, as the run-out music, and until another vote is held that's when it has to be played.

Similarly, regardless of personal opinions, Guns of Navarone by The Specials is to be played when we score.

Let's get back to doing what the voters have decreed! B)

I thought you did a good job on Saturday Broady and tried to inject a bit excitement and enthuisasm into the reading of the teams just before kick off etc... That mustn't have been easy given our previous four home performances!

I thought you did a good job on Saturday Broady and tried to inject a bit excitement and enthuisasm into the reading of the teams just before kick off etc... That mustn't have been easy given our previous four home performances!

Your reading of the teams was clearer over the PA than when Franny does it. I wonder if it is him holding the microphone too close or something. However, when it came to half-time, the announcements were just as inaudible as usual. A good PA system would improve the match-day experience.