Chris O Grady

I got a freebie for Dale yesterday so decided to go. O'Grady was excellent. Worked his knackers off, commited, set a goal up and was awarded with the Man of the match. He ISN'T going to solve all our problems and I'm not saying hes a world beater, but we have got a striker bang in form performance wise, inspite it being at a lower level, we haven't scored for so long he must be recalled. We have no other option really.

I got a freebie for Dale yesterday so decided to go. O'Grady was excellent. Worked his knackers off, commited, set a goal up and was awarded with the Man of the match. He ISN'T going to solve all our problems and I'm not saying hes a world beater, but we have got a striker bang in form performance wise, inspite it being at a lower level, we haven't scored for so long he must be recalled. We have no other option really.

Literally just watched the highlights on the football league show and though the same thing. He actually pretty much made all three goals, and prob would have had one himself if he hadnt been brough down clean through earning a red card for the defender.

As you say, I'm not one of people who think he will solve all our problems - but he looks like he has confidence, and could be at last worth a shot. However, theres nothing like a spell in our team to destroy a winning mentality. Rochdale look full of attacking intent, whereas any striker in our team are so isolated they have a different postcode to the midfield.

How is dale's midfield made up?

I believe they have 2 pacey wingers, but are the 2 central spots taken up by grafters (as we had in the good old days of Milligan and Henry)?

None of our current midfield are fit to even be mentioned in the same breath as either of those two. No stomach for a fight and no bollocks for one either.......

that's why they cost peanuts ...

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me (and Wiki suggests it isn't) both Mike Milligan and Nick Henry came up through our youth system after signing as school boys. Both cost peanuts as you put it and yet both went on to become Latics legends....

Edited by Break The Silence

I've heard nowt but good things about him from Dale fans and hope we get him back. Doesn't mean it was wrong to let him out either, he wasn't performing for us or for the other clubs he went to, now he is. We could have sorely done with him to hit long balls up to or play over the top for yesterday.

I believe they have 2 pacey wingers, but are the 2 central spots taken up by grafters (as we had in the good old days of Milligan and Henry)?

My question was to those who have seen Dale play recently about Dale's midfield but the responses have led to ask another question!

Should we try and could we replicate the days of 2 grafters and 2 skilful wingers instead of the mess we have now that doesn't give our forwards much opportunity.

O'Grady's said he wants to stay at dale come January, but that decision isn't upto him. Says that the reason he's playing so well at Dale and nowhere else in recent years is because the management duo know how to get the best out of him.

As for the question about 'dale midfield. Amy two from

Jason Kennedy, Gary Jones and Jason Taylor who we had one time. All can put in a tackle, pass the ball and have a high work-rate.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

O'Grady's said he wants to stay at dale come January, but that decision isn't upto him. Says that the reason he's playing so well at Dale and nowhere else in recent years is because the management duo know how to get the best out of him.

As for the question about 'dale midfield. Amy two from

Jason Kennedy, Gary Jones and Jason Taylor who we had one time. All can put in a tackle, pass the ball and have a high work-rate.

I think DP should bring O'Grady back from Rochdale, and stick him in our reserves. It would make me chuckle :grin:

I have never seen Chris O'Grady put in a bad shift for us. Has never been given a chance. Tactically he would be ideal for us now, with no midfield an Pav out. Go long for Chris to hold the ball up and let others come into play. He might even get the odd goal or 5.

I want Dave Penney to be given a chance, at least another year, but O'grady on loan and Hills in preference to Black make we wonder.

I watched his interview dale player, sound like he doesn't want to come back. Rochdale get the best out of him and so on.

Well, would you? Playing well, scoring goals, top of the league, enjoying his football. Why would he want to be in and out of our side, with a snowball in hell's chance of getting a scoring chance, let alone a goal, and a cretinous element of the support that will keenly await the opportunity to jump all over his first misplaced pass? If and when he does return, we should run a sweep on how long it'll take before some idiot pipes up with "F**k off back to Rochdale!" I'll go 3 mins.

My question was to those who have seen Dale play recently about Dale's midfield but the responses have led to ask another question!

Should we try and could we replicate the days of 2 grafters and 2 skilful wingers instead of the mess we have now that doesn't give our forwards much opportunity.

we have one of those already dont we.chris taylor..however i think since his first season in first team he has been pretty ordinary,and constantly injured with one thing or another...

lets face it we never replaced wellens,so it doesnt bode well...

but i agree,latics have always always played decent football with 2 decent wingers 1 very good tackler grafter and one creative midfielder...

First and foremost I will admit now that I'm a Rochdale fan!

Now thats out of the way I can start rambling! Chirs O'grady is playing well at the moment, but when he first came, he looked short of pace, lazy etc etc, like the usual dross we get at Spotland on-loan. However, the last month or so he really has started to show signs of being a very gifted footballer.

He has very good feet for a big man and is useful (bot brilliant) in the air. We have Chris Dagnall upfront with him and they appear to compliment each other very well. I did notice that when Dagnall went off on Saturday O'grady's performance was not as good. I know the match was over but it appears that he needs a worker around him.

We have started to play with two wingers which is great for the spectator, although I fear that the brighter talents won't be hear much longer! We are not really a team that can keep hold of their better players very long!

I haven't seen You guys play for a couple of years but when I have seen you, I know usually in friendlies, but beofre all the comotion with Windass etc I thought you were a great side ( for league 1) and thought that you were definates for promotion. A lot of young lads, quick and fit with the experienced pro's in their too! What has happened BOARD? MANAGER? PLAYERS SOLD?

Please let us keep O'Grady - Lathough his price will have gone up now and we have nothing! So on that note I expect that he will be back to Boundary Park before much longer

Well, would you? Playing well, scoring goals, top of the league, enjoying his football. Why would he want to be in and out of our side, with a snowball in hell's chance of getting a scoring chance, let alone a goal, and a cretinous element of the support that will keenly await the opportunity to jump all over his first misplaced pass? If and when he does return, we should run a sweep on how long it'll take before some idiot pipes up with "F**k off back to Rochdale!" I'll go 3 mins.

If there's money on it I'm going for four seconds and will win by shouting it myself. :wink:

On the other side of the coin to us recalling him, his contract's up this season isn't it? So he's 23 (24 in January), availabl;e on a free and will probably be aiming for a move to somewhere else rather than a new contract after enjoying his time here so much. He's unlikely to give two tosses about us and is just as unlikely to start to put himself at risk.

Whilst he's been here his goalscoring threat has been zero. I just think this could be a non-starter for the team that owns him. Crack a deal with Dale for 50% sell on clause and I'll be well happy.

If there's money on it I'm going for four seconds and will win by shouting it myself. :wink:

On the other side of the coin to us recalling him, his contract's up this season isn't it? So he's 23 (24 in January), availabl;e on a free and will probably be aiming for a move to somewhere else rather than a new contract after enjoying his time here so much. He's unlikely to give two tosses about us and is just as unlikely to start to put himself at risk.

Whilst he's been here his goalscoring threat has been zero. I just think this could be a non-starter for the team that owns him. Crack a deal with Dale for 50% sell on clause and I'll be well happy.

Or....come christmas we may be firmly in the bottom 4, have nobody willing to put the ball in the net, and no cash to bring in players.

I say recall him and see if we can get the best out of him.

Or....come christmas we may be firmly in the bottom 4, have nobody willing to put the ball in the net, and no cash to bring in players.

I say recall him and see if we can get the best out of him.

no no we will continue to loan our own strikers out and get in championship reserves who do sod all