Today's Attendance

I was sat in RRE so couldn't see this stand properly but the home section seemed pretty full. There was room in the chaddy but for 1800?

I understood the 'home' capacity to be around the 8000 mark. The main stand looked full.

Anyway, will the club be reasonably happy with the turn out or disappointed we couldn't fill it at the greatly reduced rates?

It seems we had about 6000 home fans.

I guessed 6500 so id say it was right. The rre was about half full and the mainstand still had room in it. I was hoping we would get between 7000 - 7500 but that was being ambitous and with the way the season has gone so far then im not suprised.

I was sat in RRE so couldn't see this stand properly but the home section seemed pretty full. There was room in the chaddy but for 1800?

I understood the 'home' capacity to be around the 8000 mark. The main stand looked full.

Anyway, will the club be reasonably happy with the turn out or disappointed we couldn't fill it at the greatly reduced rates?

It seems we had about 6000 home fans.

i was in the rre,it seemed pretty full as did the main stand,and the chaddy looked fairly full..i wouldnt of said 1800 empty seats in there but i didnt or couldnt be arsed counting them.

when i saw the attendance i thought it seemed a little low meself

i was in the rre,it seemed pretty full as did the main stand,and the chaddy looked fairly full..i wouldnt of said 1800 empty seats in there but i didnt or couldnt be arsed counting them.

when i saw the attendance i thought it seemed a little low meself

I sit behind the goaal in the RRE, 4/5ths of the way up. Attendance seems about right to me.

When people say a stand is "full" but you look around, you'll see 1 seat in 5 or 1 seat in 10 empty. It still "looks" full though. Around me it wasn't aas many as 1 in 5 empty, but it was more than 1 in 10, and that's the best bit of the stand. Chaddy looked to have 1500-2000 empty seats at least.

no that sounds bout right to me. i was in the chaddy there were a fair few empty seats rre had more probably and they obviuosly dint bring many only stand that looked close to full was main but could still tell it wasnt sold out. think the club would be pretty happy. wthout the offer we would have struglled to reach 3000 home fans so we have doubled it. u never no with the win we may even get a few of em back in

Their was a huge que outside the mainstand at 3pm and they were only letting in season ticket holders when I got in though their did seem plenty of spare seats though. When on radio manchester before the game marketing guy said he would be dissapointed with anything under 7000 so slightly dissapointing overall but nethertheless a few non regulars got to see us win so thats a good thing.

no that sounds bout right to me. i was in the chaddy there were a fair few empty seats rre had more probably and they obviuosly dint bring many only stand that looked close to full was main but could still tell it wasnt sold out. think the club would be pretty happy. wthout the offer we would have struglled to reach 3000 home fans so we have doubled it. u never no with the win we may even get a few of em back in

So...some simple maths...6200 - 3000 (season ticket holders) =3200*2 = £6400

Probable crowd without the £2 deal = 3800-3000 = 800*20 = £16000

Clearly some residual income on pies etc...but how many will come back and pay £20? Biggest issue for me is that we are overpriced on a normal day. £10-£12 to get in is what we are worth, and crowds would be better as a result.

I'd say that crowd was pretty much expected. If its lower than what the club was expecting, it should certainly provide as an indicator that fans aren't leaving BP solely on monetary terms, but also considering product on the pitch and the general match day experience.

I think the club would be reasonably happy with that. I know it isnt a massive crowd but it was a much better atmosphere, decent performance, result... Even if only to lift the gloom around the club it was a positive exercise.

Improved product on the pitch will get those people coming back for more.

Clearly some residual income on pies etc...but how many will come back and pay £20? Biggest issue for me is that we are overpriced on a normal day. £10-£12 to get in is what we are worth, and crowds would be better as a result.

agree completly. the price needs to be reduced to an appropriate level. its too high at the min and we wont encourage many more to spend 20 quid a week unless they have a connection to the club. i would probably say between 12-15 depending onwhat they feel they need to bring in each game but the idea is the same and think it would help improve attendance

agree completly. the price needs to be reduced to an appropriate level. its too high at the min and we wont encourage many more to spend 20 quid a week unless they have a connection to the club. i would probably say between 12-15 depending onwhat they feel they need to bring in each game but the idea is the same and think it would help improve attendance

can understand your point but we will lose money by doing it. Try it at £15. Just to trail it and see if it works. £12 seems a bit low.

Edited by spadam

Marketing should take a look at the product on the pitch, the facilities and service off the pitch and ask a fair price for admission.

£10-£12 seems about right.

Even with better performances, I don't think attendance will increase because the club is asking way too much for admission. It's just not worth it when you also factor in the cost of a programme , food and drink and travel to and from the ground.

Throw in a few kids, and the money could definitely be better spent elsewhere.

was hearing stories of folk walking out at half time.

a sudden rush was noticed in the WH to watch the second half of the game on TV.

like i keep reminding someone.they arn't oldham fans, they want entertainment.

in their opinion,they weren't entertained in the first half,saw enough and walked away.

i'll keep banging on about this till it hurt...improve the product on the pitch and the casual supporters will start to come back.

Yep. Thing is, a £2 offer won't bring back people by the truckload, success on the field does. When we did it in '06 (Northampton and Brighton) we were on the crest of a wave, had a good team together and challenging the top three. The ground was a near sell-out both times.

But, fair play Latics for trying it. I think with the money lost we won't see too many £2 deals in the future, but hopefully M'Guy will keep looking at more incentives to get people coming back.

There were a load of people in there who don't usually go, that makes it a success for me no matter what the total was. Most of them won't come back much, but hopefully a few will. Maybe it will help the Boxing Day turnout when hopefully we might put a few past the Dippers and from there you never know. The regulars will hopefully drift back as results start to improve :pray:

With a crowd of 6000 ish I'd suggest most of them were proper latics fans who'd lapsed. So, find a way to get them back, use the momentum from yesterday.

Next game is tranny. We'd get 750 or so trannies, maybe 1000 latics paying to get in at £18; £31,500 ish. Makes that hard to do a discount.

Orient, Millwall, Brentford after that though. 1000 pay on the days average for those 3 games = £54k for all 3.

So, let them use the £10 disount ticket/voucher from yesterday for a 4 game ticket? Make 2 or 3 of the following games £10 (or less?)?

I'd go for full price tranny; £8 orient; £12 millwall; £8 brentford. £46 for 4. Let them use the voucher for £10 off and it's £36 for 4 games.

750 away trannies gives £13.5k; 500 millwall = £6k; 500 brent/orient £4k.

So we'd need about £30k to break even. 1400 fans to take up the offer and it'd cover it. (I think - just done this off the top of my head, so I might have sslipped up on the figures). We might also get some latics paying on the day/game by game anyway to add on to the take.

Might have to do something to appease ST holders, but I'd rather see this happen and us get a decent crowd than have £10 back on my ST.

I would suggest the crowd was double of what we were likely to get without the reduction so about 3500 extra pay on the day punters.

I think it proves that the standard of football ie.. league position is the real pull with attendances, if we had been in the playoff positions we may have had 8/9000.

As far as admission prices, I reckon £15/£18 entrance would be nearer the mark but to suggest £12 is a little silly....it's £10 to watch Stalybridge in the conference!!!

How about this for an idea........ The cost of admittance is dependant on your corresponding league position.

£20 for the first 5 home games and then....

Automatic promotion pos......£22

Playoff positions.....£20

7th-10th......£18

11th-14th....£16

15th and below £14

This would mean that your income generated would be directly proportional to performances on the pitch.

Perhaps you could pay the players wages or bonuses based on a similar scenario.

Daft idea????