Taking foreign students to Latics

I start a new job in January and it involves organising events trips etc for foreign students coming to Manchester, by all accounts many of them from South East Asia are footy mad and sadly obsessed with Man United.

I was thinking of trying to organise a trip to Fortress Boundary, so they can sample a real football match and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas on the best way to do this.

I was thinking either taking them along on my usual match day experience or maybe seeing if I can sort out a porter cabin or box thing and maybe seeing if I could get a tour round the club.

I have never been in the porter cabin things in all my time at Latics so have no idea of what the day is like or how much it costs. I will of course be getting in touch with the club but it would be great if anyone has any input on the matter.

Hopefully we can maybe win some new fans through this:)

I have been in the boxes once, for my 18th, good day all round (apart from the game we lost 2-0 to cheltenham in 06/07 :( ). I think it would be great if they sorted out some sort of audio feed into the box. we could faintly hear the crowd in the chaddy etc but it did feel like we werent truely there if you get my meaning.

But no, on the whole it isnt bad and you may well get a little discount if it is a big group booking, worth a try. Get a decent meal and a player comes up to the box after and does a little speech and photos - imagine them all going back to China with a personal photo with Gregan!! Great way to get more exposure and get a tour going and let the club know, maybe they will look into it futher and try to establish links with certain groups and maybe we can get a Chinese supporters club going.

Good luck with it all (tell them we have a new STADIUM coming as well, thatll geab them lol)

I start a new job in January and it involves organising events trips etc for foreign students coming to Manchester, by all accounts many of them from South East Asia are footy mad and sadly obsessed with Man United.

I was thinking of trying to organise a trip to Fortress Boundary, so they can sample a real football match and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas on the best way to do this.

I was thinking either taking them along on my usual match day experience or maybe seeing if I can sort out a porter cabin or box thing and maybe seeing if I could get a tour round the club.

I have never been in the porter cabin things in all my time at Latics so have no idea of what the day is like or how much it costs. I will of course be getting in touch with the club but it would be great if anyone has any input on the matter.

Did you say fortress?!

As long as this isn't just a grand plan to get a couple of American med students into BP, it's a great idea. Although, I suspect some of the Asian students will be appalled by the state of the place.

Best of luck with it.

Did you say fortress?!

As long as this isn't just a grand plan to get a couple of American med students into BP, it's a great idea. Although, I suspect some of the Asian students will be appalled by the state of the place.

Best of luck with it.

Don't worry about the state of the ground or it isn't ManU! They will be keen to sample anything British, whether it's Premier League football or Third Division. At least they can brag to their folks at home they've been to a stadium nobody has heard of. :grin: If you contact Alan Hardy's office (in his absence), I'm sure his PA can arrange a tour of the ground (on a non-match day) and probably come up with complimentary tickets for the next game. You may even get a mention and a photo in the matchday programme.

, I'm sure his PA can arrange a tour of the ground (on a non-match day)

That should take all of 5 minutes, including the trophy room (with the silver plated shovel). :disappointed:

and probably come up with complimentary tickets for the next game

with a voucher for a free pie, I hope!!!

Chloroform and gaffer tape, I suspect! :lol:

Can you get them to do a video? :)

Its funny you should mention that as another part of the job is making videos which can be put up on youtube etc so it could well happen!

Thanks for all the info guys, think I will get in touch with AH and see what he has to say on the matter.

** Warning serious post with no american girls jokes*

Sounds like a good idea, the market in East asia is huge even a small percent of interest would be great, I would email the new marketing guy and put forward your ideas? Im sure he could come up with something ,

I have been in the boxes once, for my 18th, good day all round (apart from the game we lost 2-0 to cheltenham in 06/07 :( ). I think it would be great if they sorted out some sort of audio feed into the box. we could faintly hear the crowd in the chaddy etc but it did feel like we werent truely there if you get my meaning.

lol)........

"we could faintly hear the crowd in the chaddy etc but it did feel like we werent truely there if you get my meaning."

I had the same sensation myself on Saturday, and I was sitting in the middle of the chaddy :disappointed:

If you want atmosphere the ones on the Lookers side are slightly better as the glass has windows to let some noise in (also lets the cold in mind) but the club may only want one side open in which case its normally the main stand side.

Waiter snarls an angry man in a chinese resteraunt, this chicken is rubbery,Aaaah fank u velly much sir replies the waiter ...fank u velly much :grin: :grin: :grin: