Wycombe weather

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The undersoil-heated pitch is playable but a decision on the surrounding area is to be made early tomorrow.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1908661,00.html

WWFC OS now hinting that a decision on the area surrounding the stadium may be made by mid-afternoon today.

http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/page/Lat...1908723,00.html

Says the man with winter gear for his family holidays in Stockholm

Where its -20. Not just touching zero.

Looking at the reports I think its irrelevant. Reading between the lines that they are bleating about public safety, doing an inspection this afternoon (when it will still be snow covered) and the fact it isnt supposed to go above freezing before the game... I think this will be off.

I do hope you show up in your pink shirt on Saturday ;)

You have to be a proper man to carry off Pink. Just like Sean Gregan.

:)

Reading between the lines that they are bleating about public safety, doing an inspection this afternoon (when it will still be snow covered) and the fact it isnt supposed to go above freezing before the game... I think this will be off.

\o/\o/\o/\o/

Actually, sod it, that does sound good after all.

They should save the fan's risking driving down there in difficult conditions and call this game off. Since both teams are out of the FA Cup - re-arrange the game to the 2nd January. More fan's would turn up as a New Years game is always well attended especially compared to the match pre Chrismas.

They should save the fan's risking driving down there in difficult conditions and call this game off. Since both teams are out of the FA Cup - re-arrange the game to the 2nd January. More fan's would turn up as a New Years game is always well attended especially compared to the match pre Chrismas.

That is 100% a sodding brilliant idea.

Lets hope they figure this out too....

Well, no I don't want that either as I've booked a hotel in Edinburgh that night for the Hibs-Hearts game the next day.

Stick it medweek before/after the Southampton game so I can make a jolly of it, I say.

Well, no I don't want that either as I've booked a hotel in Edinburgh that night for the Hibs-Hearts game the next day.

Stick it medweek before/after the Southampton game so I can make a jolly of it, I say.

I'm sure the players would be looking forward to a 'relaxed' new year too!

Sod em. Get it on the 2nd. Beer O' Clock. :)

Tangerine dreams has decided its not worth the risk for us. He drives HGV for a living and apparently, its not looking too good down there and its due to start up here this weekend too

:disappointed:

So Hotel is cancelled and the "titilation" of the white horse will have to miss this season (oh my heart has sank...not!!!)

The priority is getting the blooming boiler fix this weekend as its been rather chilling in the house hold but cosy camped out in the bedroom with one electric rad, kettle, freeview and two dogs to keep me warm.

Hope sense prevails and they call it off today rather than some making a wasted journey

Safety first now...!!!

Where its -20. Not just touching zero.

Looking at the reports I think its irrelevant. Reading between the lines that they are bleating about public safety, doing an inspection this afternoon (when it will still be snow covered) and the fact it isnt supposed to go above freezing before the game... I think this will be off.

You have to be a proper man to carry off Pink. Just like Sean Gregan.

:)

Pretending not to notice that one, Swede-boy? :pokeuu:

Just spoken to a mate who's just spoken to the Wycombe secretary. A decision very unlikely until the morning, and will be based on how things are locally and around the ground. The pitch is fine.

He's setting off this afternoon, so you might not be on your own in that titty bar leeslover... :grin:

(Re Newbury - I've got friends down there too - in fact your mate's wife sounds like one of them! :lol: )

Since both teams are out of the FA Cup - re-arrange the game to the 2nd January. More fan's would turn up as a New Years game is always well attended especially compared to the match pre Chrismas.

On the other hand, if it's rearranged for later it should be another game in which Pav is fit to play.

At 4:00pm the WWFC OS said no decision will be taken on whether the match goes ahead until Saturday morning, when the car park is to be cleared of snow and gritted and every effort is to be made to make Hillbottom Road safe for pedestrians and vehicles.

http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/page/Lat...1908723,00.html