1. 1. The New Stadium in Failsworth

• I am fully behind it
    • Yet to make my mind up
    • I am dead against it

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please say your taking the ****. If Diego, or anyone else, had called 0000 "young man" nobody would have batted an eyelid. And, to be fair to Diego, he doesn't seem to have took offence.

"Old timer" seems to be the sort of term of affection that attracts questions from the odd young man during a match. :wink:

I did ask a few weeks ago if someone who was dead set against the Failsworth move if they could give me the 5 main reasons why they are of that opinion I never got any feedback !!!!

Anybody got 5 mins to mention their 5 main reasons why they are dead against the move?

If the truth be told, Richard, I couldn't give a s**t where we move to. I know a lot of people have said Postcode is a problem but I really don't see that. I will go and watch Latics anywhere. It's not like we've done what Wimbledon did and moved to Milton Keynes.

What I do think, though, is that we need to get out of BP. And if Corney and co say Failsworth is the only viable option, then that's good enough for me.

I did ask a few weeks ago if someone who was dead set against the Failsworth move if they could give me the 5 main reasons why they are of that opinion I never got any feedback !!!!

Anybody got 5 mins to mention their 5 main reasons why they are dead against the move?

1, Location

2, Location

3, Location

4, Location

5, 10k capacity.

Can I be the first one to launch the latest round of braindead bleating about the way we seldom attract 10k crowds now and therefore don't need anything more than a 10k capacity stadium?

Everyone is intitled to there opinion C_J but you are right :wink:

10k with provisions for expansions is all OAFC need at this time

Everyone is intitled to there opinion C_J but you are right :wink:

10k with provisions for expansions is all OAFC need at this time

Said with a straight face by one of 'the voices of the fans.' Who knows as well as I do that the expansion (which 'will be difficult' in any case, according to SC) will never take place, as the intention to build a 10k stadium indicates no greater ambition than, at the very best, the odd season in the Championship, which will necessitate no expansion when immediate relegation will see crowds drop back to the previous level (and would probably be followed by a further period of decline which could see the club struggle to retain FL status.)

Nice to see you admit that it is more likely to be 10k than 12k after all. What is this? The incredible shrinking ground?

Why is only 10k supposed to be sufficient now when we've had more than that on occasion for games in this division since the latest relegation into it (and on many, many more occasions during previous strecthes in it)? Not to mention recent cup games?

A real job is being done on the club.

Said with a straight face by one of 'the voices of the fans.' Who knows as well as I do that the expansion (which 'will be difficult' in any case, according to SC) will never take place, as the intention to build a 10k stadium indicates no greater ambition than, at the very best, the odd season in the Championship, which will necessitate no expansion when immediate relegation will see crowds drop back to the previous level (and would probably be followed by a further period of decline which could see the club struggle to retain FL status.)

Nice to see you admit that it is more likely to be 10k than 12k after all. What is this? The incredible shrinking ground?

Why is only 10k supposed to be sufficient now when we've had more than that on occasion for games in this division since the latest relegation into it (and on many, many more occasions during previous strecthes in it)? Not to mention recent cup games?

All is he said was '10k with scope to expand' is all OAFC needs right now. He didnt say it will be that.

Not that it effects the point you were trying to make, but oafc0000 emailed Alan Hardy a while back re the capacity and the answer he got was that the stadium was likely to be a four sided job with a capacity of 11-12k, with potential to expand to 15-16k if we fill the corners in.

All is he said was '10k with scope to expand' is all OAFC needs right now. He didnt say it will be that.

Not that it effects the point you were trying to make, but oafc0000 emailed Alan Hardy a while back re the capacity and the answer he got was that the stadium was likely to be a four sided job with a capacity of 11-12k, with potential to expand to 15-16k if we fill the corners in.

Why is a member of the Trust saying that 10k is all that's needed?

The point about expansion made above applies depsite anything that AH, or anybody else, might currently be saying. It will never happen.

I'm lost ... were did I say that ?

10K is all the club needs at the moment and when the plan are made available I will want to see within them the capacity for the structure of 'a' new stadium to be increased within its foundations

10k give the club stability and keeps operational coast down at a time were attendances will not be higher than capacity for the near future

From what I have been told, when planning for a new stadium costings are proportional to the capacity and for every 1000 seats £1 million is added to the building costs.

There why spend £30 million on a stadium that will only house 7,000 on average until situations change ?

I would rather have a sold out stadium of 12,000 every match and an arena that can cater for the fan to make match day revenue than an empty stadium like Darlington

15,000 sadly I cannot see Oldham needed that capacity week in week out in my life time, IMO

Can I be the first one to launch the latest round of braindead bleating about the way we seldom attract 10k crowds now and therefore don't need anything more than a 10k capacity stadium?

You can, but only if you promise not to bleat on about it for 3,000 post in two years. :wink:

I'm lost ... were did I say that ?

10K is all the club needs at the moment and when the plan are made available I will want to see within them the capacity for the structure of 'a' new stadium to be increased within its foundaitions

10k give the club stability and keeps operational coast down at a time were attendances will not be higher than capacity for the near future

From what I have been told, within plan for a new stadium costings are proportional to the capacity and for every 1000 seats £1 million is added to the building costs.

There why spend £30 million on a stadium that will only house 7,000 on average until situations change ?

I would rather have a sold out stadium of 12,000 every match and an arena that can cater for the fan to make match day revenue than an empty stadium like Darlington

15,000 sadly I cannot see Oldham needed that capacity week in week out in my life time, IMO

It isn't a case of building a stadium like Darlington's, but of what happened to the 4000 seats that were, overnight and without any discussion, lopped off the BP redevelopment plan. That's a full 25%. Why were those seats regarded as necessary one day but not the next? It can only be that the vision for the club had been revised. Ambition diluted. The club was henceforth to be downscaled.

As has been pointed out many, many times before, very few clubs set their capacity at a level they expect to see filled every home game. They never have. Capacity is about ambition and how often you intend to stage big games.

When you say that 10k is all that's needed, it hardly inspires confidence that the club intends to get itself out of this division. I notice that you sidestep the question of why 10000 is deemed all that's necessary when we've managed more than this on a number of occasions since 1997, and used to attract crowds far in excess of it when things were going well in previous periods in this division.

You can see all the stadium plans you want, but exansion will never be needed when crowds remain low because we tread water where we are-which is clearly the intention. It won't work. Long-term fans are already deserting the club due to lack of progress, and a perceived lack of ambition.

The point about expansion made above applies depsite anything that AH, or anybody else, might currently be saying. It will never happen.

He didn't He said that 10k is needed "at this time!"

The crucial bit you omitted was at this time, which is not an implication but a matter of fact.