1. 1. The New Stadium in Failsworth

• I am fully behind it
    • Yet to make my mind up
    • I am dead against it

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the reasoning behind it, but I'm dead against what it means for the club.*

Basically we're being left the choice of a permanent lower division club in a lower division-sized stadium or extinction. Not a choice worthy of the name really, is it?

*Something the club can easily get round by denying it and talking with straight faces about expanding the stadium (although SC did at least have the decency to admit that 'expansion will be difficult.' Or so it was reported. )

I understand the reasoning behind it, but I'm dead against what it means for the club.*

Basically we're being left the choice of a permanent lower division club in a lower division-sized stadium or extinction. Not a choice worthy of the name really, is it?

*Something the club can easily get round by denying it and talking with straight faces about expanding the stadium (although SC did at least have the decency to admit that 'expansion will be difficult.' Or so it was reported. )

im suprised you havent email the club with the name for the new stadium already corp...jurrasic park!!!

I'd agree.

But this is where the Corp will, quite reasonably, compare capacity with those who moved forwards v the Oldham plan.

I do understand Corps concerns. And in a way I agree with him.

But the simple fact is that of those stadiums stated, 2 are heading for the Champioship, and 1 has someone who jsut wants to spend his money on his club.

Hull have a huge catchment area, but a good idea of building a big stadium, but have debts of £30m and £40m wage bill.

And if they get relegated, to the Championship.....

Wigan have a guy who just wnated to throw money at his club. without him, where would they be? We do not have that luxury.

And Bolton are repostedly £60million in debt. And they pay £40m a year in wages. In the Championship, maybe? In fact, Bolton is the way not to do it.

The sutainable approach is the best way. I do agree it consigns us into the lower leagues for a while but to say it is forever is ludicrous. It is a solid base to build.

The key is sustainabity, without that, and we are heading for oblivion faster than even Corps states.

Corp is advocating Gordon Browns Fiscal policy, spending other peoples money like there is no tommorow.

Not Boom and Bust; Bust, and Buster.

Abbott is alright.

I think a new stadium is required to move forward a la Hull, Wigan, Bolton but not sure we are going about it the correct way.

Forwards via downscaling. Well TTA did say they wanted to try a unique approach...

Perhaps ADUG should move City into the nearby velodrome thing and have them flirt wih relegation in preparation for an asault on the Champions League places.

But the simple fact is that of those stadiums stated, 2 are heading for the Champioship, and 1 has someone who jsut wants to spend his money on his club.

Hull have a huge catchment area, but a good idea of building a big stadium, but have debts of £30m and £40m wage bill.

Wigan have a guy who just wnated to throw money at his club. without him, where would they be? We do not have that luxury.

And Bolton are repostedly £60million in debt. And they pay £40m a year in wages. In the Championship, maybe? In fact, Bolton is the way not to do it.

The sutainable approach is the best way. I do agree it consigns us into the lower leagues for a while but to say it is forever is ludicrous. It is a solid base to build.

The key is sustainabity, without that, and we are heading for oblivion faster than even Corps states.

Corp is advocating Gordon Browns Fiscal policy, spending other peoples money like there is no tommorow.

No I'm not. I have never once suggested that a club regime that cannot afford it should spend big money. I have, on the other hand, suggested that the only way to re-establish the club in the Championship is by spending big (and wisely). It would probably require new owners. If, as seems likely, we do not get them, then we will not see the Championship again. We will more likely see the division below the one we're in. Or worse.

Bolton may well be in debt, but they established themselves in the PL without a so-called sugar daddy. What have we done in the last fifteen years? I bet there isn't a single Bolton fan who'd swap places with us, even if they get relegated. And they'll have the parachute payments to help them rebuild even if they have to shed lots of playing staff. We, in contrast will still flounder a division or two below them while continuing with the revolving door policy of substandard journeymen that's served us so well.

Bravo that man.

:applause1:

Woof.

:petesake:

You must have loved Chris Moore..

Woof.

Chris Moore made a lot of Latics supporters frightened of their own shadows. Yes, like may others, probably yourself included, I enjoyed the initial improvement on the pitch and the Dowie season, but not the rest.

In any case, it didn't have to be a choice between CM's style and the current approach of TTA. Other clubs seem to be able to get both stability and a modicum of success. A revival in fortunes. As recently as eight or nine months ago I would have said that, on the whole and despite some terrible mistakes on the football side, TTA have done a good job. Now, the more you look at it, the more difficult it is to say that they haven't basically knackered the club.

The outcome of their period in charge will be a permanent lower division future. I sincerely hope you enjoy it.

No I'm not. I have never once suggested that a club regime that cannot afford it should spend big money. I have, on the other hand, suggested that the only way to re-establish the club in the Championship is by spending big (and wisely). It would probably require new owners. If, as seems likely, we do not get them, then we will not see the Championship again. We will more likely see the division below the one we're in. Or worse.

Bolton may well be in debt, but they established themselves in the PL without a so-called sugar daddy. What have we done in the last fifteen years? I bet there isn't a single Bolton fan who'd swap places with us, even if they get relegated. And they'll have the parachute payments to help them rebuild even if they have to shed lots of playing staff. We, in contrast will still flounder a division or two below them while continuing with the revolving door policy of substandard journeymen that's served us so well.

Please define wisely.

And is asking them to spend big but wisely not spending other people's money by another name.

And what if Bolton, or Hull drop 2 divisions?

Otherwise it wcould be Leeds. Are you advocating some sort of Leeds style adminsitration as a back up plan if spending big wisely does not work.

surely you must have a plan B if PLan A (spend bg but "wisely"does not work?