The New Stadium in Failsworth

The New Stadium in Failsworth  

161 members have voted

1. 1. The New Stadium in Failsworth

• I am fully behind it
    • Yet to make my mind up
    • I am dead against it

20% are against... a further 20% are yet to back the plans... That leaves 40% still questioning the logic of Failsworth. and 60% fully behind it...

I would be worried that such a great move is not more heavily backed at this stage. Each to there own.

You've lost yourself there. 20% are not questioning it - they've decided.

20% are "yet to back" - that is not the same as "questioning the logic". Nice try. Fail.

Btw, I noticed you'd been spitting a bit of bile about at others today - you whined when I tweaked your nose without even directly insulting you, funny that. :huh:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've lost yourself there. 20% are not questioning it - they've decided.

20% are "yet to back" - that is not the same as "questioning the logic". Nice try. Fail.

Yet to back... Still having questions.. Dress it up anyway you or I want.. You are still talking 40% who are to be convinced it is the right move..

I am on the fence...

Btw, I noticed you'd been spitting a bit of bile about at others today - you whined when I tweaked your nose without even directly insulting you, funny that. :huh:

What the hell are you on about ?

Edited by oafc0000

I've voted that I'm undecided because there are no actual plans into what we are going to build etc. In principle I'm all for it but I want more information to be out there before I make my mind up.

This is just it, isn't it Macca? I need some info.

I'd like to see what we're gonna get first before I decide I think. I know I've been posting anti-Failsworth funnies and the like but in all seriousness, we need to look at the proposals to get a beter idea of what we're all arguing about. As Diego has pointed out before.

I'm all for the stadium but I'm intrigued as to how many people are against it and weather the reason is sentiment, Mancuniaphobia or fear TTA are going to leave us up the creek

I reckon a lot of it is sentiment. I keep trying to hate the idea but the fact that its gonna be small and not in Royton isnt enough for me to spit my dummy out and refuse to go anymore.

And I work down that neck of the woods and the weather isnt all that much different....... :wink:

Yet to back... Still having questions.. Dress it up anyway you or I want.. You are still talking 40% who are to be convinced it is the right move..

Ok, I'll dress it up as 80% do not oppose and await the plans and details.

And I'll point out again, 20% are not waiting to be convinced - they are against it.

This is just it, isn't it Macca? I need some info.

I'd like to see what we're gonna get first before I decide I think. I know I've been posting anti-Failsworth funnies and the like but in all seriousness, we need to look at the proposals to get a beter idea of what we're all arguing about. As Diego has pointed out before.

Anyone any idea how we can get this thread to 14 pages?

Seriously, Rummy is right. No matter which side of the fence you sit on regarding the Lancaster Club site, until the information regarding sustainability and design are in the public domain, I don't see how people can make up their minds conclusively that it's right or wrong.

So far, we have had an announcement from the club that a site has at last been identified (one that wasn't previously available) that can provide us with a stadium with facilities to make us sustainable. We have had various meetings to allow questions and answers (a form of consultation) and we know that behind the scenes, plans are being prepared to to put to the supporters to back up the claim that the move is in the best interests of the club.

The most interesting statement from the top table at the Radclyffe school meeting a couple of weeks ago was that they are talking "several hundred jobs" as part of the development. That is the statement that gives me hope that there is a lot being planned for the development and that more can be achieved by developing this new site than would by staying at BP. So lets wait and see.

I have a feeling that Zeros poll would change dramatically once the information is available and you can almost make the figure say what you want at the moment.

My heart strings are being torn, because BP is my home, but my head tells me that my home is only bricks and mortar, its whats inside that counts.

Anyone any idea how we can get this thread to 14 pages?

Seriously, Rummy is right. No matter which side of the fence you sit on regarding the Lancaster Club site, until the information regarding sustainability and design are in the public domain, I don't see how people can make up their minds conclusively that it's right or wrong.

So far, we have had an announcement from the club that a site has at last been identified (one that wasn't previously available) that can provide us with a stadium with facilities to make us sustainable. We have had various meetings to allow questions and answers (a form of consultation) and we know that behind the scenes, plans are being prepared to to put to the supporters to back up the claim that the move is in the best interests of the club.

The most interesting statement from the top table at the Radclyffe school meeting a couple of weeks ago was that they are talking "several hundred jobs" as part of the development. That is the statement that gives me hope that there is a lot being planned for the development and that more can be achieved by developing this new site than would by staying at BP. So lets wait and see.

I have a feeling that Zeros poll would change dramatically once the information is available and you can almost make the figure say what you want at the moment.

My heart strings are being torn, because BP is my home, but my head tells me that my home is only bricks and mortar, its whats inside that counts.

After five or so years of messing around I wish they would just get a move on and release the plans and this time deliver...

Edited by oafc0000

I like to think even the ones "against" can probably still be persuaded if the plans warrant it...

So do I, I have voted yet to decide until I see the plans put a decent stadium in place with decent facilities and those like myself will vote yes so you could easily get 80-90 % saying yes in a couple of month time thats unanimous. I am also interested to see how we are going to pay for this. Clearly if we are going to break the ground before we leave BP can be redeveloped for property we are going to have to get the capital from somewhere. So are we going to get a loan out from where from and who from TTA or a bank? will we be getting a £20million loan secured against Oldham Athletic and if so how quickly will we pay this off?

After five or so years of messing around I wish they would just get a move on and release the plans and this time deliver...

I think this is one of the reasons why some fans are so apathetic towards it all, We've heard it all before and it always comes crashing down!

Oldham never does anything the easy way.

These polls are interesting, but in now way representative. We might have 3000 members on here, but it's the same 100 or so posting day in, day out, with another few hundred posting much less frequently. How many tend to vote in these polls ? 300 ??

If I asked this Poll question in my local there's absolutely no way we'd be getting 60% in favour.

These polls are interesting, but in now way representative. We might have 3000 members on here, but it's the same 100 or so posting day in, day out, with another few hundred posting much less frequently. How many tend to vote in these polls ? 300 ??

If I asked this Poll question in my local there's absolutely no way we'd be getting 60% in favour.

The only test you can apply is to survey every fan and compare results etc... I think they provide a reasonable indication to the level of feeling on certain subjects.

I still don't not know of any other resource where you can effectively poll 300 tics though...

Edited by oafc0000

truth is unless the club hands out ballots to every supporter on a match day this is the closest we will get to getting an opinion from a wide range of supporters

truth is unless the club hands out ballots to every supporter on a match day this is the closest we will get to getting an opinion from a wide range of supporters