1. 1. The New Stadium in Failsworth

• I am fully behind it
    • Yet to make my mind up
    • I am dead against it

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone told you this, but if you have opinions that people don't agree with, you are labelled a moaner/doom and gloomer etc etc.

I have to admire those who completely fail to see (or are able to bring themselves to ignore) looming disappointment, only to get up as soon as it's hit them, dust themselves down and immediately start cheerleading the next one.

If we all knew that, and we all knew that the plans are to be exhibited no sooner than January, why are you pleading for TTA to get a move on, and saying we could do with seeing some plans now?

I am pleading with them to change the habit of a lifetime and stop talking a good fight and deliver... Is that too much to ask ?

Warrington doesn't have one

Yes it does...

http://www.warringtontownfc.co.uk/

I think Warrington is actually crying out for a successful football club... Everyone here is Everton, Liverpool or United... If there was a reasonable football team though I could see people turning up. Its not quite like Wigan in Warrington. Although its a traditional rugby town, Football is pretty big here...

Edited by oafc0000

Yes it does...

I think Warrington is actually crying out for a successful football club... Everyone here is Everton, Liverpool or United... If there was a reasonable football team though I could see people turning up. Its not quite like Wigan in Warrington. Although its a traditional rugby town, Football is pretty big here...

I think Tommy was referring to 'professional' clubs.

Not sides such as Warrington, Colwyn Bay, Curzon and Mossley.

mmmm.....

I beg to differ. Big, big differences and to obvious to start stating

Not true... Not true at all... They are all businesses at end of the day... They all have a payroll, tax liabilities etc etc

And the only thing that really changes how the club is run is the clubs league position... There is very little difference in real terms between OAFC and Warrington Town... Besides number of employees, infrastructure and so forth... There is nothing fundamentally different...

Not true... Not true at all... They are all businesses at end of the day... They all have a payroll, tax liabilities etc etc

And the only thing that really changes how the club is run is the clubs league position... There is very little difference in real terms between OAFC and Warrington Town... Besides number of employees, infrastructure and so forth... There is nothing fundamentally different...

Genuine question. So are you saying the same would apply to Latics and Arsenal?

Genuine question. So are you saying the same would apply to Latics and Arsenal?

Would I say there is nothing fundamentally different between Latics and Arsenal ? Of course there isn't... I would imagine they have a far more comlex business setup with holding companies and so forth but in essence you could go as far as to say there is nothing fundamentally different between Warrington and Arsenal...

Hence some of my problems with trying to discuss the beautiful game of football in some of these posts.

Having been involved with the amateur game for over 20 years, I know what infrastructure is required to 'churn' out teams of footballers on a saturday/sunday who enjoy the game for the love of it, not the pursuit of wealth.

I see Chadderton, Oldham Boro and others vying to gain promotion to the unibond league as local 'football' teams not business'. Just as i see Oldham Athletic as a football club - whilst knowing it is indeed a business, run by businessmen, this is where the two don't and will never match.

Education is going/gone the same way and unfortunately for the future of the game, the mixture of many 'little football' knowledge businessmen having a say in how a football team should be run is detrimental to the success of that team.

Yet without the financial investment/involvement, there is no succesful club.

I'll just mainly stick to discussing the football side i think. :wink:

Hence some of my problems with trying to discuss the beautiful game of football in some of these posts.

Having been involved with the amateur game for over 20 years, I know what infrastructure is required to 'churn' out teams of footballers on a saturday/sunday who enjoy the game for the love of it, not the pursuit of wealth.

I see Chadderton, Oldham Boro and others vying to gain promotion to the unibond league as local 'football' teams not business'. Just as i see Oldham Athletic as a football club - whilst knowing it is indeed a business, run by businessmen, this is where the two don't and will never match.

Education is going/gone the same way and unfortunately for the future of the game, the mixture of many 'little football' knowledge businessmen having a say in how a football team should be run is detrimental to the success of that team.

Yet without the financial investment/involvement, there is no succesful club.

I'll just mainly stick to discussing the football side i think. :wink:

It actually sounds like we would agree on some of you ideals... I have said on several occasions that football clubs should not be run as businesses...

I am more talking about the reality of how these clubs are run...

It actually sounds like we would agree on some of you ideals... I have said on several occasions that football clubs should not be run as businesses...

I am more talking about the reality of how these clubs are run...

That's the crux really i guess - even looking at clubs such as 'woodley sports' who have established themselves now in the unibond, not too long ago where plying their trade in the Lancs and Cheshire league, but significant investment from a couple of local businessmen and they seem to have a rosy future, albeit it might be short term. Chadderton had similar ambitions, though more hurdles to jump over, however the infamous 'hillstone' cocked that well and truly up.

So i s'ppose we're agreed to keep 'em apart, but without it you're buggered!! :wink:

Yes it does...

middleton doesnt have one i think..

although off the top of my head i cant actually think of any 30 acre sites available....there is actually a decent sized plot just over the railway near vitafoam...

but you still get the united and citeh thing going on there..although there are quite a few tics in middleton these days

middleton doesnt have one i think..

although off the top of my head i cant actually think of any 30 acre sites available....there is actually a decent sized plot just over the railway near vitafoam...

but you still get the united and citeh thing going on there..although there are quite a few tics in middleton these days

Middleton, borough of Rochdale...