1. 1. The New Stadium in Failsworth

• I am fully behind it
    • Yet to make my mind up
    • I am dead against it

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only test you can apply is to survey every fan and compare results etc... I think they provide a reasonable indication to the level of feeling on certain subjects.

I still don't not know of any other resource where you can effectively poll 300 tics though...

At the exter game they had people outside with clip boards, for the next few games we could have these people out again on match days with clipboards asking some well thought out questions about the new proposed stadium, which will help the TTA get the opinions of more fans who attend reguarly, other than the few hundred who post on here and the few who turn up to the Q&A sessions the TTA hold

At the exter game they had people outside with clip boards, for the next few games we could have these people out again on match days with clipboards asking some well thought out questions about the new proposed stadium, which will help the TTA get the opinions of more fans who attend reguarly, other than the few hundred who post on here and the few who turn up to the Q&A sessions the TTA hold

:lol:

Funny you should mention that... I was queuing to get into the main stand for the Tranmere game and one of the guys doing the survey asked a couple of old lads if they would answer some questions... The response was not positive :lol:

I thought it was a shame that they did not ask me and I could of told them about the plane, trains and automobiles I use to get to the game :D

Edited by oafc0000

Funny you should mention that... I was queuing to get into the main stand for the Tranmere game and one of the guys doing the survey asked a couple of old lads if they would answer some questions... The response was not positive :lol:

I thought it was a shame that they did not ask me and I could of told them about the plane, trains and auto mobiles I use to get to the game :D

How did we go on? Can you let me know so I can nip down to the bookies. :wink:

Merry Christmas

I thought it was a shame that they did not ask me and I could of told them about the plane, trains and automobiles I use to get to the game :D

Doesnt mean others wont, also have you got a better idea in which to gather more latics fans opinions than a few hundred on here and in the Q&A sessions the TTA hold

Doesnt mean others wont, also have you got a better idea in which to gather more latics fans opinions than a few hundred on here and in the Q&A sessions the TTA hold

I was just pointing out something which happened :) Us tics can be awkward moaning bastards :D

I would be surprised if that method actually resulted in 300 responses to be frank... It seems to me they where talking to about every 50th person at best...

Edited by oafc0000

They did try the asking a few questions at the turnstile approach a couple of games back. I never got to find out what the questions were though - the guy with a clipboard at the Broadway side of the chaddy end was too busy picking his arse with his pen to ask any. :blink:

By the way, I don't and never have considered this forum (or any other) to make up a reasonable cross section of Oldham's (or any other club's) support. I would say that the fans that tend to use internet forums are generally speaking among the top 20% or so of the overall fanbase in terms of intellect.

Which is worrying when you think about it. :unsure:

They did try the asking a few questions at the turnstile approach a couple of games back. I never got to find out what the questions were though - the guy with a clipboard at the Broadway side of the chaddy end was too busy picking his arse with his pen to ask any. :blink:

By the way, I don't and never have considered this forum (or any other) to make up a reasonable cross section of Oldham's (or any other club's) support. I would say that the fans that tend to use internet forums are generally speaking among the top 20% or so of the overall fanbase in terms of intellect.

Which is worrying when you think about it. :unsure:

what about all the seats having yellow plastic squares on them and when promted hold them aloft if you approve of the move,just a thought like.

I understand the reasoning behind it, but I'm dead against what it means for the club.*

Basically we're being left the choice of a permanent lower division club in a lower division-sized stadium or extinction. Not a choice worthy of the name really, is it?

*Something the club can easily get round by denying it and talking with straight faces about expanding the stadium (although SC did at least have the decency to admit that 'expansion will be difficult.' Or so it was reported. )

On which Alan Hardy commented:

"That was, if I'm honest, misreporting by the Oldham Chronicle."

what about all the seats having yellow plastic squares on them and when promted hold them aloft if you approve of the move,just a thought like.

Its a good idea, despite some flaws of people accidentally or deliberately putting the wrong one. But pretty good nonetheless.

Howver, I do believe if it were to be tried, it should be after the plans have been revealed.

I do recall that before the Sydney Olypics, and even know the London Olympics for example that people were very apprehensive, but once it got closer everyone rallied round and the vast majority beleived it was a good thing.

Positive Mental Attitiude!

you and others have been given an open invatation to meet face to face with simon corney to ask the difficult questions and concerns over the clubs immediate future...and you wont...end of.

Maybe because they're wise enough to understand that's nothing more than a PR exercise that would and could never produce any truly meaningful answers.

Maybe because they're wise enough to understand that's nothing more than a PR exercise that would and could never produce any truly meaningful answers.

but how would you know unless you asked the questions in the first place???

maybe its time someone stood up and got counted,called mr corneys bluff arranged a meeting then put across hopes and fears in private without an audience ,and didnt leave until there mind was satisfied...would put an end to the number of threads asking the same questions and turning into corps crusade to persuade every man and his dog of our impending doom into lower league obscurity...would it not???

maybe its time someone stood up and got counted,called mr corneys bluff arranged a meeting then put across hopes and fears in private without an audience ,and didnt leave until there mind was satisfied...would put an end to the number of threads asking the same questions and turning into corps crusade to persuade every man and his dog of our impending doom into lower league obscurity...would it not???

Careful, people might suggest that's a job for Barry Owen.

it shouldnt be cos he doesnt ask questions fans put to him...does he

he doesnt represent the wider opinions of the general fan,when that was supposed to be his very role..

Maybe Barry Owen has asked the question, maybe even Barry Owen has asked Simon Corney to speak and address the issues at th public meetings, and in the future.

Maybe, even Simon Corney addressed them at the meetings...

Maybe SC even spoke to the press but they misrepresented him..

Maybe the ansers were given but people did not want to hear the answer, or did not like the answer so chose to ignore.

It's a bit like all those people that moan about the government, but did not vote.

I doubt even SC could allay Corps or 0000 fears completely, and that is probably a good thing. But they could at least have the bottle to ask for straight answers, rather than snipe from the outside against any form of authority.

Which would achieve what exactly?

I doubt even SC could allay Corps or 0000 fears completely, and that is probably a good thing. But they could at least have the bottle to ask for straight answers, rather than snipe from the outside against any form of authority.

It should be obvious by now that I no longer have any fears. The job is done. We are to be another Bury or Rochdale (the old Rochdale, not the current bordering-on-Barcelona outfit.)

There is no way out.