heff back to Donny

I hope we can keep him for at least the season, we need another striker with a decent strike rate, he knows this division like the back of his hand and his experience is an asset.

him and Pav are the answer, i'm convinced! How scary is the possibility of playing with friggin' Smalley and a.n. other at Hartlepool? I was umming and ahhing but sod that!

him and Pav are the answer, i'm convinced! How scary is the possibility of playing with friggin' Smalley and a.n. other at Hartlepool? I was umming and ahhing but sod that!

been here before havent we..waiting to see if anybody else can fill pavs boots whilst he is out..and it was a deafening no...although heffs only got the one goal in his month..i think he could work extrememly well with pav,as his movement is far and beyond anything we have at the club currently..

sell ogrady to dale and use the cash as wages till end of season....like you say no brainer

been here before havent we..waiting to see if anybody else can fill pavs boots whilst he is out..and it was a deafening no...although heffs only got the one goal in his month..i think he could work extrememly well with pav,as his movement is far and beyond anything we have at the club currently..

sell ogrady to dale and use the cash as wages till end of season....like you say no brainer

You mean Rochdale who themselves have to sell to balance their books? Where are they going to get the cash to buy O'Grady?

You mean Rochdale who themselves have to sell to balance their books? Where are they going to get the cash to buy O'Grady?

how would i know,im not a club accountant or anything...kieth hill has been banging on about it for the last 4 or 5 weeks that signing ogrady is a must for them,im certain that there at the top of the league with a bit of a gap there backer would or try to find some cash to push them forward to promotion.

people think he is coming back here and will be the answer to our striker problems..he wont,so why should we not cash in,or shall we just let him walk away come may

We need Heff for the season. If it takes an extra bit from TTA to get him we must do that. He's a proven 1 in 2 striker at this level, and with a good frontman (lest we forget, he's been ploughing a lone furrow since he's been here) alongside him like Pav we'll look a dangerous side.

Without him I think we'll be sucked well and truly into the mire.

We need Heff for the season. If it takes an extra bit from TTA to get him we must do that. He's a proven 1 in 2 striker at this level, and with a good frontman (lest we forget, he's been ploughing a lone furrow since he's been here) alongside him like Pav we'll look a dangerous side.

Without him I think we'll be sucked well and truly into the mire.

Get him on loan until the end of the season.

Then with Pav back plus Chrissie T & Rob Purdie plus Stephens continuing his upward progress we just need a decent keeper and centre back... where have I heard that before? :wink:

Does anyone think Heffernanan might be angling to go somehere else?

Maybe becasue the team is not doing well, maybe it is not near his home (that was slighlty tongue in cheek but it can;t be much fun travelling over the tops in this weather). Whatever reason? Not a dig, just question for debate?

Edited by singe

Does anyone think Heffernanan might be angling to go somehere else?

Maybe becasue the team is not doing well, maybe it is not near his home (that was slighlty tongue in cheek but it can;t be much fun travelling over the tops in this weather). Whatever reason? Not a dig, just question for debate?

He might be. Any journeyman professional footballer can surely recognise a club that's going nowhere when he sees one.

Get him on loan until the end of the season.

Then with Pav back plus Chrissie T & Rob Purdie plus Stephens continuing his upward progress we just need a decent keeper and centre back... where have I heard that before? :wink:

During the pre season.

Aye I hope Abbott and Taylor find fitness and form quickly otherwise we're in for a bigger struggle than expected. Heffernan will be a bonus alongisde Abbott.

Hopefully the rest of our players start to prove they should be playing proffesional football, never mind in League One.

Ditto about Hartlepool as well!

Aye I hope Abbott and Taylor find fitness and form quickly otherwise we're in for a bigger struggle than expected. Heffernan will be a bonus alongisde Abbott.

Hopefully the rest of our players start to prove they should be playing proffesional football, never mind in League One.

Like Gregan, Hazell, etc ?