Nick Blackman

agreed but Penney doesnt rate him which IMO means he is A GOOD PLAYER :wink:

Seems Blackman wasnt the player Penney thought he was

He started so well scoring against Brentford, I wonder why DP didn't think muck of him?

Edited by bowl

He started so well scoring against Brentford, I wonder why DP didn't think muck of him?

Like O'Grady the best wasn't got out of him, with another club he could flourish.

I hope another League One team loans him because I think he can be a top player in this league.

Its seems Blackman is made from the same Mold as Michael Ricketts, Jermaine Beckford, Neil Kilkenny ...... Too big for his boots and attitude to match

Nail on head Wardle.......There's Soooooo much more to being a Pro footballer than a few good touches, potential and ability! :wink:

started well but didnt take it further

i think if he went back and it enabled us to get another heffernan type its a good move....once pavs fit and firing again properly he wont get a look in.

started well but didnt take it further

i think if he went back and it enabled us to get another heffernan type its a good move....once pavs fit and firing again properly he wont get a look in.

Yep, done bob all for a long while. No where near a first team starter at the mo'.

get rid.

What worries me is that, just listening to Pav on Latics Player, he says he is nowhere near fit yet and just about certain not to be starting next week - and we send Blackman back. A striker NOW and a goalie please.

His attitude on Saturday was interesting to watch. :censored: was sent from the dugout to tell Blackman that he was going on. At first, :censored: tried shouting and beckoning him with a wave. Let's give Blackman the benefit of the doubt and say he didn't hear or see :censored:*. Next :censored: went up to him and said you're on. Blackman carried on with his warm-up. :censored: tried for a third time to tell him to go back to the dugout and Blackman again carried on warming up. Now I know that the warm-up is important but I have never seen a player less keen to get onto a pitch. It was no surprise when he missed that chance near the end and to be frank, he didn't look bothered.

He looked a decent prospect when he arrived but he got used less and less as his spell went on and you have to wonder why.

* He did.

His attitude on Saturday was interesting to watch. :censored: was sent from the dugout to tell Blackman that he was going on. At first, :censored: tried shouting and beckoning him with a wave. Let's give Blackman the benefit of the doubt and say he didn't hear or see :censored:*. Next :censored: went up to him and said you're on. Blackman carried on with his warm-up. :censored: tried for a third time to tell him to go back to the dugout and Blackman again carried on warming up. Now I know that the warm-up is important but I have never seen a player less keen to get onto a pitch. It was no surprise when he missed that chance near the end and to be frank, he didn't look bothered.

He looked a decent prospect when he arrived but he got used less and less as his spell went on and you have to wonder why.

* He did.

How come mr penney or mr gray didnt call him to tell him he coming on?

Also, am not surprised he ignored, he's come here for experience & all penney has done is let him rot on our bench in favour of parker and smalley upfront