Corney on TalkSport

thats just it they are not your threads and you spout the same rubbish over and over again, we all get the club is doomed!

just have a break. Pal.

Ignore him. If someone's opinions don't sit well, either debate the point or, if you're is fed up - ignore it. It really is that easy.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Average gates were well over 6000 when TTA arrived, yes...because the season beforehand had been a play-off season, and the season they joined every game could have been the club's last. Average gates were well over 6000 in 06/07. when we made the playoffs again.

Without checking I would expect that the current average of 5346 is pretty similar to the average for the seasons prior to the 02/03 campaign. Meaning TTA haven't driven 1300 fans away (nor 2000, but who cares about facts), they are just those who come when the team is playing well - they weren't there to watch the dreadful teams pre-TTA either.

The av attendances I do know are:

04/5 6,462 -1.6%

05/6 5,797 -10.3%

06/7 6,334 9.3%

07/8 5,326 -15.9%

The way some go on here, you would think the TTA deliberately engineered their amnagers to do badly.

Cue a maybe... post from some Icke.

Corp, you get more like gordon Brown every day.

ARe you double counting previosuily announced drops in attendances

I have no problem with your pessimistic view, the repetition grates me, but the vague predictions and manipultating of figures to present them as facts is very galling.

Edited by singe

Ignore him. If someone's opinions don't sit well, either debate the point or, if you're is fed up - ignore it. It really is that easy.

You've never bitten at one of Corps posts before have you now, rummy....

Even if he had what would that change... His advice is the correct one... I am getting bored of people just getting personal with CJ in stead of either ignoring the post or commenting about that post indstead of the user... It just creates 5 pages of bollox which is of no use to anyone...

CJ is making valid points... and then people get personal with him...

thats just it they are not your threads and you spout the same rubbish over and over again, we all get the club is doomed!

just have a break. Pal.

Ignore my posts is what I meant. After all, there's a function that enables you to autmatically do this.

I can't make allowances for those who can't face the bad news. There's the men and then there's mere boys.

The av attendances I do know are:

04/5 6,462 -1.6%

05/6 5,797 -10.3%

06/7 6,334 9.3%

07/8 5,326 -15.9%

The way some go on here, you would think the TTA deliberately engineered their amnagers to do badly.

Cue a maybe... post from some Icke.

Corp, you get more like gordon Brown every day.

ARe you double counting previosuily announced drops in attendances

I have no problem with your pessimistic view, the repetition grates me, but the vague predictions and manipultating of figures to present them as facts is very galling.

Have you ever thought that your (repetitive) blind swallowing of every morsel of comfort thrown to you might grate with me? Even as events, one after the other, prove you wrong, up you pop wih some more 'black is really white' blind justication of why we need to continually eat :censored:.

So we haven't been lucky to scrape 3000 or so home fans recently then?

Surely a club that, as you continually tell me, is progressing shouldn't be suffering a 16% drop in attendances from the time the, ahem, plan was launched? Surely it shouldn't be fighting reegation (for the second time under TTA) just like eleven years ago?

Average gates were well over 6000 when TTA arrived, yes...because the season beforehand had been a play-off season, and the season they joined every game could have been the club's last. Average gates were well over 6000 in 06/07. when we made the playoffs again.

Without checking I would expect that the current average of 5346 is pretty similar to the average for the seasons prior to the 02/03 campaign. Meaning TTA haven't driven 1300 fans away (nor 2000, but who cares about facts), they are just those who come when the team is playing well - they weren't there to watch the dreadful teams pre-TTA either.

We are at war with Eurasia. We have always been at war with Eurasia.

However you try to paint it, when TTA arrived, gates were well over 6000. Now we're lucky to scrape 3000 home fans for some games. How things were years before their arrival has little to do with it. Gates had risen, were holding up and were there to be built upon. It didn't happen and now we're to be shunted into a little stadium almost in Manchester for lower division football until something gives.

Of course I did, once. Don't care to be honest. I'm just passing on some great advice after I realised myself that it's just a message board and I was taking it all too seriously. Maybe even personally. So I changed.

It seems I went full circle and I started to agree with most of what C_J was saying, one shouldn't think any less of another for weighing up the argument and constantly reviewing it. Eventually I found myself realising that the my stance on some of the hot topics on the forums needed further thought and consideration and my opinions aligned with those of the much lambasted C_J.

Of course I did, once. Don't care to be honest. I'm just passing on some great advice after I realised myself that it's just a message board and I was taking it all too seriously. Maybe even personally. So I changed.

It seems I went full circle and I started to agree with most of what C_J was saying, one shouldn't think any less of another for weighing up the argument and constantly reviewing it. Eventually I found myself realising that the my stance on some of the hot topics on the forums needed further thought and consideration and my opinions aligned with those of the much lambasted C_J.

Prophets are always mocked initially.

Prophets are always mocked initially.

Well you see, I'm a bit of a skeptic - and prophets usually come under the "bull:censored:" banner.

I don't think you're a prophet by the way, let's just make that clear. :grin:

We are at war with Eurasia. We have always been at war with Eurasia.

However you try to paint it, when TTA arrived, gates were well over 6000. Now we're lucky to scrape 3000 home fans for some games. How things were years before their arrival has little to do with it. Gates had risen, were holding up and were there to be built upon. It didn't happen and now we're to be shunted into a little stadium almost in Manchester for lower division football until something gives.

Averaging 6k when at death's door...I dare say if we were in the same position and noone knew if/when the last Latics game would be and the club needed the money then we'd average 6k now. Maybe TTA should just withdraw their funds and put us into administration. Win/win for you - attendances shoot up and you can say 'I told you so' about the club being run into the ground.

Averaging 6k when at death's door...I dare say if we were in the same position and noone knew if/when the last Latics game would be and the club needed the money then we'd average 6k now. Maybe TTA should just withdraw their funds and put us into administration. Win/win for you - attendances shoot up and you can say 'I told you so' about the club being run into the ground.

As I say, any excuse can be found for failure to build on the foundations that were already in place.

Keep them coming.

The vast majority of them continue to be mocked, as despite their own utter belief in whatever article of faith they repetitively churn out, they turn out to be twisted delusional freaks.

Prophets are prophets, delusional freaks are something else.

That you fail to recognise any distinction between say M. King Hubbert and David Icke says something about you, not anybody else.

Oh stop fawning over them. It's very unedifying in grown men.

The hard fact is that when a meltdown such as the one we're witnessing currently occurs at a club, those who preside over it, holding the levers of power, tend to get the blame. Who else is there to point the finger at? The boards at City and United for daring to be ambitious and poaching our support? OMBC for raising the Council Tax?

Some Latics fans remind me of those North Koreans bashing themselves on the head and throwing themselves down in the pavement in tears as Kim Il Sung's funeral cortege rolled by.

What will they do when they lose a world cup game ? :blink:

That you fail to recognise any distinction between say M. King Hubbert and David Icke says something about you, not anybody else.

To be fair he did say a vast proportion not all, and I'd say in today's parlance it would be forgiven to assume the term prophet to be taken as defintion of one who is a conduit envisaging the Devine Will and all its catastophe, and not someone who predicts the financial state of a football club. It's all interpretation I suppose, but like I said - I wouldn't say your a prophet - more a forecaster. Means exactly the same thing, but carries a lot less of the crazy weirdo baggage that the word prophet does.

One is a twisted delusional freak who has carved out a living with a cult of devoted followers who believe that only his teachings hold the key to salvation with the approaching end of the world. The other is a former Coventry City reserve team goalkeeper and TV sports presenter who has gone on to do important and groundbreaking research into reptillian plans for global domination.

1. A person who speaks by divine inspiration or as the interpreter through whom the will of a god is expressed.

2. A person gifted with profound moral insight and exceptional powers of expression.

3. A predictor; a soothsayer.

4. The chief spokesperson of a movement or cause.

Which one are you?