TTA – Time To Abdicate?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know for sure what happened at Ferney?

As for trying, it's a pity that more effort wasn't put in from February 2007, when promotion was there for the taking.

Abysmal, knee-jerk managerial appointments and various examples of harebrained gimmickry haven't exactly helped either, although it could admittedly all be classified as trying.

The Ferney Field fiasco petered out very quickly and I think there is a lot more to it than what was published in the press. Simon Corney said only the other week that it would have been a phenominal site and was their No1 choice.

If it was that good a site then why didn't they push more for it's ressurection!!!!

Having attended the last forum I can confirm he is correct. At the last forum Simon Corney and co definitely did say that at the next forum which they intend to hold in January, there will be some designs/drawings etc of the proposed site/stadium.

Cool...

Lets see if it happens... Only 17 days to go though...

Edited by oafc0000

Re the article

Interesting read I will give it that. But seriously?

Given that (and regardless of who'se fault the following is)

- We are losing money left right and centre

- Crowds have dropped by 20 percent or so in six years

- We play in a crumbling stadium lacking the most basic facilities

- The team are about as entertaining to watch as a dripping pipe

- The town has a local council who couldn't give a rats arse about the football club (although they are seemingly behind this scheme, I still wouldnt trust them as far as I could spit)

Who the hell is going to want to buy us?????

The Ferney Field fiasco petered out very quickly and I think there is a lot more to it than what was published in the press. Simon Corney said only the other week that it would have been a phenominal site and was their No1 choice.

If it was that good a site then why didn't they push more for it's ressurection!!!!

Their exact words were something along the lines of "its a brilliant site, probably the best in the town, but they no longer want to sell to us so end of story really"

Their exact words were something along the lines of "its a brilliant site, probably the best in the town, but they no longer want to sell to us so end of story really"

What is the reason they do not want to sell ?

I remember reading at the time that they where unhappy that the club had said they where looking at other sites and this pissed the farmer guy off...

However, I have heard other explanations from other people... So who knows...

Edited by oafc0000

If you said they said it I will take you at your word but If we actually see real plans before end of the month I will be surprised...

I think I will be too, surely the weather will have put a halt to things if anything. I'm not sure how long these things take but this project has been going on since at least the summer.

Noticed the surveyors at the exec car park behind the chaddy today, reckon we'll have some houses being built there by summer.

Re the article

Interesting read I will give it that. But seriously?

Given that (and regardless of who'se fault the following is)

- We are losing money left right and centre

- Crowds have dropped by 20 percent or so in six years

- We play in a crumbling stadium lacking the most basic facilities

- The team are about as entertaining to watch as a dripping pipe

- The town has a local council who couldn't give a rats arse about the football club (although they are seemingly behind this scheme, I still wouldnt trust them as far as I could spit)

Who the hell is going to want to buy us?????

As I said, run into the ground.

Absolutely bonkers. Does anybody seriously think there is a buyer waiting in the wings? Why not just cut to the chase and piss them off so much that they just walk away? Most people would have done so by now.

No need to be so timorous. Club owners take their decisions based on cold calciulation of what suits them, not what people write about them on messagboards.

No need to be so timorous. Club owners take their decisions based on cold calciulation of what suits them, not what people write about them on messagboards.

You wouldn't need to search too hard to find examples of directors who have decided that they have had enough abuse and walk away and it's a small step form internet warrioring t to one numpty who puts a brick through a window or whatever. I just find it astonishing that people question their motives and integrity and that certainly doesn't mean that they are immune from criticism.

You wouldn't need to search too hard to find examples of directors who have decided that they have had enough abuse and walk away and it's a small step form internet warrioring t to one numpty who puts a brick through a window or whatever. I just find it astonishing that people question their motives and integrity and that certainly doesn't mean that they are immune from criticism.

There is nothing whatsoever abusive about T.O. I.'s article, nor has anybody said anything abusive in reply to it. I can't even remember a time when any direct abuse has been directed at the current club owners on here. Criticism is not abuse.

Few club owners walk away when they stand to make some money, abuse or not.