TTA – Time To Abdicate?

Oh come on... You are either up for sale or not... They have said if someone makes the right the will be happy to sell... That is not properly being up for sale...

If someone makes the right offer for my house then they can have it... Doubtful that is going to happen until I put it on the market though...

It all comes down to appropriate marketing doesn't it.

They don't have the best track record at that (although I doubt sticking a 'for sale' board on the outside of the mainstand would attract much interest).

I have no idea if they have put the feelers out to find a buyer in the right/wrong way. But when you look at the situations at Portsmouth or Notts County it's almost a relief that they haven't been successful.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My goodness this is a thread i could have started literally years ago,as my posts have been consistent for months and i sussed it out years ago.

For goodness sake wake up and smell the coffee,they want out and as far as they (tta) are concerned,the sooner the better.They have a quandry though,they aint going to get an offer they like and they are stuffed without selling the land.

Conclusion,we will probably get a small uninspriring stadium and then they are off as soon as BP is sold.

not rocket science is it.

Oh come on... You are either up for sale or not... They have said if someone makes the right the will be happy to sell... That is not properly being up for sale...

If someone makes the right offer for my house then they can have it... Doubtful that is going to happen until I put it on the market though...

To my mind, we are for sale. We're just not being actively marketed.

Few clubs that change hands have been actively marketed, unless it's a forced/distressed sale...

Ask Cadbury.

...or Wyeth, eh? Lame.

Hewlett-Packard did it to Compaq as well

I regularly have leaflets through my door saying.... House wanted in your area.. cash paid

OAFC is for sale if someone offers the right money just like SCUM FC or the rocking Anfield club

OAFC is for sale if someone offers the right money just like SCUM FC or the rocking Anfield club

Something tells me more people are aware of Liverpool being up for "possible" sale...

-----------------------------------

Some of you lot really are suckers for lip service...

Edited by oafc0000

Something tells me more people are aware of Liverpool being up for "possible" sale...

Newcastle Utd can't find a buyer.

Liverpool can't find a buyer, depsite their access to Premiership and pitentially Champions League TV money.

Do you think that a massive campaign to find a buyer for Oldham Athletic wilend up in a successful sale?

I suspect the price of Latics would be £1, plus taking on the debt (£2.7m and rising), plus injecting some capital. Any takers? If sp, I'm up for it. If not, I'll settle for TTA.

Edited by opinions4u

Newcastle Utd can't find a buyer.

Liverpool can't find a buyer, depsite their access to Premiership and pitentially Champions League TV money.

Do you think that a massive campaign to find a buyer for Oldham Athletic wilend up in a successful sale?

I suspect the price of Latics would be £1, plus taking on the debt (£2.7m and rising), plus injecting some capital. Any takers? If sp, I'm up for it. If not, I'll settle for TTA.

What has that got to do with anything I just said ?

What has that got to do with anything I just said ?

You made the point that more people know Liverpool is up for sale than know Oldham is up for sale.

I made the point that despite this, they can't find a buyer.

So why would Latics?

(I also speculated about a potential sale price for Latics - sorry if that's not relevant to a thread about TTA getting out of town).

Not many people knew Notts County were up for sale until Munto Finance made an offer to Peter Trembling about the club after one of the backers found out about the history of NCFC

They made an enquiry at that time and it was accepted - NCGC wasnt up for sale, they were just looking for investment like 98% of all football clubs in England

The due process was started to buy the club. This could happen to any club, Bury, Accrington, Oldham, WBA ... QPR all it needs is someone with money talking to someone at a club in a social capacity !!!

There maybe no billboards with OLDHAM ATHLETIC FOR SALE but the right people in the right positions know the club could be enquired upon... with this I mean every club in the country not just ickle Oldham

Cadbury represented a tasty proposition (awful pun entirely intentional) to somebody. We don't.

HP is hardly relevant either. They wanted a server manufacturing arm so they bought Compaq and then asset stripped it. They doing the same to EDS having decided they wanted an IT services arm.

I genuinely think it's just his internet persona.

You may well be right...

He just comes across very bad - without meaning to. That's my take, anyway.

Do I really... Maybe some of you guys should read back the comments you make towards me and corp etc etc?

Edited by oafc0000