Roll call - Who actually paid to watch that last night?

Firstly I paid £19 to sit in the main stand lower. And I'll pay it again on Saturday and the time after that and then again the time after that, no matter who is in charge of the club I support Oldham Athletic not Dave Penney or TTA but Oldham Athletic.

For me the biggest problem we have as you said is that we are to cautious and for me we set up not to win the game but to not lose. I beleive the stat that we have the 5th best defence in the league mirrors this out.

I thought Dean Brill did what he had to do well last night, Gregan was superb again, Hazell and Goodwin steady and Jacobsen looked decent. So defensivley we do look quite well.

But going forward we are awful, Danny Whit is shouldn't be near the first team he is so lightweight it's untrue! Smalley is in a poor run of form and Taylor needs to get a grip. Stephens can play and take a good dead ball, :censored: is full or energy and I couldn't understand why Penney didn't start with him last night, Pav is Pav holds it up well but in all honestly isn't in the box enough to offer much of a goal threat.

We need a Heff type figure up along Pav to feed off his clever play as it's clear that Smalley, Parker and Taylor can't do it. Until a Heffernan type figure arrives I wouldn't mind us going with a 4-3-3 with the ball and 4-5-1 when we dont have it. My team would be >

GK Brill

DR Goodwin

DL Jacobsent

DC Gregan

DC Ruben

MC Stephens

MC :censored:

MC Furman

AMR Smalley

AML Taylor

ST Pav.

Lets try and get through the middle of teams as were not having much joy playing with wingers at the minute. Wingers who I might add apart from Colbeck don't see to able to cross, this is one of our biggest problems if you ask me.

Edited by oafc2002

used a mates season tkt as he couldnt make it, but would have paid otherwise

will pay for the next game but if its as bad (cant see it changing) and penny is charge after that, might not be doing it again for a while will have to seriously think about it.

too much to watch that rubbish with him in charge

Pav is Pav holds it up well but in all honestly isn't in the box enough to offer much of a goal threat.

That's cos he's having to spend half the game going wide/coming deep to get the ball.

Worked damned hard last night did Pav. Ran his nuts off. Shame he was one of the few that bothered.

Got a ST, so therefore paid at the start of the season, and i'd bought a ticket in December for my brother who was going to give me a lift on Boxing Day but who had the good sense to not bother last night. So i effectively paid twice to watch that pile of sh*t.

I spent about £30 last night...thinking twice about saturday, I just come away feeling depressed.

I'd never boo my own team though, thats just wrong. I agree with DP about lack of fitness, pav looked knackered.

They were there for the taking though and if we don't win these we're going down - Its not too soon to talk about relegation cos DP ain't changing his boring tactics.

^Burritobrother welcome to the club, its not often we get new fans lol. Hope you enjoy the game.

Edited by LtRodg75

How many topics can you start that basically infer the same thing? We get it already.

Get out of bed the wrong side did we? Those that have replied understand that the idea behind the thread is to try and establish a cross-section of how many paying customers we had last night and how many season ticket holders thought feck it! A smidge over 3,000 home fans suggests that a fair few season ticket holders thought balls to that and i'm interested to see how many of the regular week in week outers on here subscribed to that opinion.

Perhaps those that actually paid in last night deserve their moment in the spotlight, if i'd not had season tickets there's no way I would have paid £23 for me and my boy to watch that. But many did...

How many topics can you start that basically infer the same thing? We get it already.

He has a point, you really are having a go but I don't blame you prozac. it's just that someone else got bollocked for starting lots of threads, guess it's a case of your face fitting or not with the "mods"

I paid my £20 last night but I won't be bothering again this season, not while Penney and his crew are in charge. He doesn't seem to care either; from day one he made no effort to gel with the crowd - compare it to Shez.

We used to sing "Oh Johnny Johnny.............from day 1 at Tranmere

Can you ever imagine singing - there's only 1 Dave Penney?

Au Revoir