The only time I clapped all night at that piss poor effort was at the end when Gregan approached the RRE and applauded us! He gave his usual performance (Far and away the best in a blue shirt on the night) and acknowledged the fact that the few that still turn out are putting up with a lot of :censored: at the mo!

TOP MAN!

The only time I clapped all night at that piss poor effort was at the end when Gregan approached the RRE and applauded us! He gave his usual performance (Far and away the best in a blue shirt on the night) and acknowledged the fact that the few that still turn out are putting up with a lot of :censored: at the mo!

TOP MAN!

Already my player of the season by a mile and I shudder to think where we would have been without him.....to think Penney nearly ended his Oldham career!!!!

TOP MAN!

If only the rest of the side showed the same attitude then we wouldn't be down where we are. The younger lads should take note.

If only the rest of the side showed the same attitude then we wouldn't be down where we are. The younger lads should take note.

I've no idea if it's specific to our club or young footballers in general, but if they don't want to or don't think they need to take notice of the captain and a man who has achieved what Gregan has in his career, they aren't going to make it in the game. If they were George Best then they'd have been out of here already.

I've no idea if it's specific to our club or young footballers in general, but if they don't want to or don't think they need to take notice of the captain and a man who has achieved what Gregan has in his career, they aren't going to make it in the game. If they were George Best then they'd have been out of here already.

This was mentioned on Talksport maybe a couple of months ago, the retired ex pros were saying about 'the youth of today' wonder how Brookey would feel about bulling Gregan's boots? I know Ian.

Exactly, some seem to just be going through the motions and that's unnaceptable. I don't mind paying my money if 100% effort is being given but fans' loyalty shouldn't be taken for granted, once lost support can be difficult to regain.

This was mentioned on Talksport maybe a couple of months ago, the retired ex pros were saying about 'the youth of today' wonder how Brookey would feel about bulling Gregan's boots? I know Ian.

I wonder when it stopped, the youths doing the dogsbody stuff? I'm sure I read about one of the previous Man U generation having to do it, probably Beckham or Giggs, although they were both there from fairly young. Trouble is that if the kids are any good they would just tell their parents to get them another club these days. Were youth teamers out digging snow with fans, Penney and whoever else?

Plus edit, oh for a Gregan 10 years younger. Never scored many but had the legs to be all over the space between the boxes.

Edited by leeslover

I wonder when it stopped, the youths doing the dogsbody stuff? I'm sure I read about one of the previous Man U generation having to do it, probably Beckham or Giggs, although they were both there from fairly young. Trouble is that if the kids are any good they would just tell their parents to get them another club these days. Were youth teamers out digging snow with fans, Penney and whoever else?

Didn't Roy Keane used to do Bryan Robsons?

Didn't Roy Keane used to do Bryan Robsons?

That might have been Beckham? Keane was already a pro at United, I am sure I remember from Keane's book or somewhere else that he did that sort of stuff at Forest thoug.h that maybe you also remembered? That's the difference, love him or hate him Keane would have crawled over :censored: to become a top player, he was always told he was too small so he showed them that he was still hard enough and wanted it enough. I wonder if a couple of ours looked at Scott Spencer and young Philliskirk and figured they were the dogs bollocks and had it all sorted. Hope not, because there is talent in our young players.

Already my player of the season by a mile and I shudder to think where we would have been without him.....to think Penney nearly ended his Oldham career!!!!

1. Gregan is the best player at this club and it is no surprise to me he is clearly a cut above everyone again his season. Absolute class - Him, Dale, Joe J, :censored: and Paw are the only players who deserve the shirt at the moment. Very glad the Gregan bashers have gone incredibly quiet.

2. The Penney forcing him out bit is utter rubbish. Tbh, its one of the best pieces of management he has done. He always wanted Gregan to stay, however not way at the same price as his contract for the past three years. Telling him to go away and think about it was very shrewd management - and it is paying off.

2. The Penney forcing him out bit is utter rubbish. Tbh, its one of the best pieces of management he has done. He always wanted Gregan to stay, however not way at the same price as his contract for the past three years. Telling him to go away and think about it was very shrewd management - and it is paying off.

I have to say I agree with this. After the disruptive influence Gregan appeared to be last season he was the last player I wanted Penney to re-sign. I was glad when he was shown the door and gutted when given another chance, but it appears to have done the trick as he's been outstanding this season and I shudder to think where we'd be now if DP had come to me for advice on this one.

I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong (and I've had plenty of practice) but I certainly was on this one.

Already my player of the season by a mile and I shudder to think where we would have been without him.....to think TTA nearly ended his Oldham career!!!!

Edited for accuracy.

And to think, more than a few on here were more than happy to see him go. :wink:

I was very happy to see him go; I'm equally happy that he came back and started putting in performances akin to those he produced during his loan spell.

Whatever the Gregan-bummers say, he didn't have a good season last year. Being released clearly made him realise that he was coming towards the end of a very good career, and that playing at as high a level as possible was more important than earning an inordinately high wage.

Good on him.

I was very happy to see him go; I'm equally happy that he came back and started putting in performances akin to those he produced during his loan spell.

Whatever the Gregan-bummers say, he didn't have a good season last year. Being released clearly made him realise that he was coming towards the end of a very good career, and that playing at as high a level as possible was more important than earning an inordinately high wage.

Good on him.

Spot on!

Whatever the Gregan-bummers say, he didn't have a good season last year.

Keep your childish bummers remark to yourself in future. As for Gregan last season he started the season strongly,had a poor spell of between 10-12 matches, and finished the season in top form. Or are you a better judge than Joe Royle ? Do not try and justify the fact you couldn't tell a footballer from a plant pot by altering the facts to suit your case.

Keep your childish bummers remark to yourself in future. As for Gregan last season he started the season strongly,had a poor spell of between 10-12 matches, and finished the season in top form. Or are you a better judge than Joe Royle ? Do not try and justify the fact you couldn't tell a footballer from a plant pot by altering the facts to suit your case.

:lol:

:lol: post of the week.

Whatever the Gregan-bummers say, he didn't have a good season last year.

He had an absolutely shocking spell last season, which isn't surprising given that he was falsely accused of a serious crime following a malicious report by persons unknown who were presumably angry at him over some equally unknown aspect of his private life. That's hardly the same as saying that he just had a crap season.

1. Gregan is the best player at this club and it is no surprise to me he is clearly a cut above everyone again his season. Absolute class - Him, Dale, Joe J, :censored: and Paw are the only players who deserve the shirt at the moment. Very glad the Gregan bashers have gone incredibly quiet.

It would be ironic then if Gregan was offered DPs job.

Couldnt have put it better myself....

Yeah, wind your neck in Zorrro you twerp!

All the best,

BigFin

(Head Gregan-Bummer)*

*I'd imagine this would be very soft, and cushioned......