Stockport game off

This is balls!!! Its not even been that wet today in Stockport!! And to say there was "heavy rain overnight" is the biggest load of balls I've ever heard of!!! At worst its been drizzly!!! My car was bearly wet when I got up to go to work this morning, and I only live 5-10mins drive from edgeley park!!

I'm so pissed off :ranting:

Did anyone just see it mentioned on SSN?? "Stockport Oldham called off, so for those fans who were heading there, I guess it's more difficult for Oldham fans, but Stockport fans stay home"

Someone doesn't know their geography!!!! :grin:

another post from stockports yellowboard:

Posted by Royal Blue on 2/2/2010, 5:01 pm

Whats happened to the rain covers you told us you had purchased to ensure no more games would be postponed?

deliberately left off? Hmmmm...

Did anyone just see it mentioned on SSN?? "Stockport Oldham called off, so for those fans who were heading there, I guess it's more difficult for Oldham fans, but Stockport fans stay home"

Came here to say this! :)

Even multimillion pound budgets can't buy you 100% perfection I guess?

another post from stockports yellowboard:

Posted by Royal Blue on 2/2/2010, 5:01 pm

Whats happened to the rain covers you told us you had purchased to ensure no more games would be postponed?

deliberately left off? Hmmmm...

Well... apparently County are trying to avoid playing as many games as possible so as not to incur the costs of stewards, police, lighting, etc. so that if they get wound up they haven't increased their debts by more. And on the opposite side, they are also a more viable commercial prospect to new owners as there are more matches to gain revenue from. Thats what the County fans round me are telling me!

it also says 'due to a frozen pitch' on the yellow breaking news ticker

EDIT: now corrected to make me look like a plonker

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Well... apparently County are trying to avoid playing as many games as possible so as not to incur the costs of stewards, police, lighting, etc. so that if they get wound up they haven't increased their debts by more. And on the opposite side, they are also a more viable commercial prospect to new owners as there are more matches to gain revenue from. Thats what the County fans round me are telling me!

What!! But by the law of Simon Corney they will have blown £20k on pies!!

it also says 'due to a frozen pitch' on the yellow breaking news ticker

Haha, they've changed it now! As if we're the breaking news story. The world of football is soooooo exciting today.

This is balls!!! Its not even been that wet today in Stockport!! And to say there was "heavy rain overnight" is the biggest load of balls I've ever heard of!!! At worst its been drizzly!!! My car was bearly wet when I got up to go to work this morning, and I only live 5-10mins drive from edgeley park!!

I'm so pissed off :ranting:

Surely they could play it tomorrow couldn't they???

Personally, I'm relieved. Not really sure why.

The first team seem to be getting closer to being all fit. Joe's hamstring twinge has sorted out. Pav must be nearer to 100%. Flahavan will be able to play. Lomax will be closer to fitness. Unlike the snow this will not affect training so they should all be sharper when we eventually get to play a game again.

I hope.

Just to rub it the weather now decides to fecking snow. I can't help but feel the disappointment tonight is just in line with the season altogether.

so its nowt to do with them selling there best midfielder and not wanting to get battered again..like last time..

something distinctively dodgy about it

its abit gay that people try to be the first to report that the game is off judging by how quick this thread was made and the fact others have been closed.

.... a little sad someone wasting precious seconds of their life posting this!

whats 'abit gay' mean laddie ? Didn't get this bit