New kit for next season ??

My friend (well more email friend nowadays lol) works in the design office for a sports company called Stanno. They are looking to break into kitting out professional sports teams and already have proposals in for a couple of rugby league teams. He emailed me today saying they have been asked to tender deals for Oldham, Shrewsbury and Lincoln.

Heres the link he attached.

http://www.clublinefootball.com/football_k...nno_porto_39340

I've often wondered why we don't get our kits from a decent manufacturer. Even York and Hereford have Nike kits.

They are all of the peg kits and they come as a package ... ie Nike make and take all merchandising £££££££

The stanno kits show are standard sunday league templates, frankly always found stanno to be poor.

Title of the post misleading ... so going to change it

They are all of the peg kits and they come as a package ... ie Nike make and take all merchandising £££££££

Really? So United get a fixed sum off Nike but then take no proceeds from their actual shirt sales? :unsure:

If that's how it works it does surprise me that Nike prefer to take York/Hereford's measly merchandising revenue than potentially supplying every club in the league. Infact it staggers me.

''Oldham Athletic have announced a new Three year sponsorship deal with the UK’s leading sports retailer, JD Sports. As kit manufaturers and sponsors, the deal will see JD’s exclusive fansion brand, Cabrini sportswear, emblazoned across all home, away, replica tops and shorts.''

that was start of 2008/2009 season.

''Oldham Athletic have announced a new Three year sponsorship deal with the UK’s leading sports retailer, JD Sports. As kit manufaturers and sponsors, the deal will see JD’s exclusive fansion brand, Cabrini sportswear, emblazoned across all home, away, replica tops and shorts.''

that was start of 2008/2009 season.

:lol:

Briliant

yet another thread on OWTB proved to be complete ballhocks

Really? So United get a fixed sum off Nike but then take no proceeds from their actual shirt sales? :unsure:

If that's how it works it does surprise me that Nike prefer to take York/Hereford's measly merchandising revenue than potentially supplying every club in the league. Infact it staggers me.

Nike feel strong enough to be more robust in their negotiations with York/Hereford than with the Devils Spawn. :grin:

nike deal for united

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1005794.stm

Nike, Adidas and Umbro had a generic kit design for many lower league teams which they were able to take up, then adidas would arrange for badge and sponsors to be applied and x amount manufatured.

With those type deals the club gain minimum profit but maximum exposure as the general fan would rather buy a Nike kit than Stanno, Matchwinner CABRINI!!!

With smaller firms ie Macron, they want to make more profit from shirt sales than individual sales, so will be willing to take a smaller cut from sales as they know the team involved have a larger fan base!

That is what i am led to believe!!

It's also about the cost of the shirts to the club.

An example would be Coke, Pepsi and say Ben Shaws

THe Coke will be the most expensive, Pepsi a bit cheaper and Ben shaws cheapest.

So Latics will make most mony ont he cleapest, per shirt. but of couse more people would by the premium brand.

But how many more is the regular reason for the decision in the long run.