Stadium Plans Thread

From what I remember of it, yeah, pretty much.

Has it got worse? Sure. That's the nature of old structures like the Main stand, they deteriorate and the deterioration speeds up over time.

There's only so many times you can paint over the cracks.

it wasn't new,yes...it was going on a bit, true, but its SIGNIFICANTLY been left to rot over the last 3+years.

what happens if failsworth doesn't happen...the dump remains...

devil or deep blue sea.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you have a 'detached' side, not end.

With the proposed horseshoe as it is it would lend itself ideally to placing the away fans in the detached end, thus saving on ongoing policing and stewarding costs whilst also making the acoustics more predominant from the 'home shoe'.

Aye, you'd think so. But thats not what they are planning. Home end will be the detached end, is what Ian Hill was saying last night. The reasoning being that we can move home fans in one of the sides if we get a big game where the away team will bring a few. It's good to see that they really think our home attendances will increase when we get down there.

Two corners filled in with one detached stand.......... I hope you're right and I am completely proved wrong but it's not gonna happen. 4 separate stands end of.

Did you know one corner cost's as much as a full one side stand?

EDIT: At best, at worst no planning permission, houses going up on BP WITH 2 MONTHS, Sold on the promise no ground will exist is a couple of years, hello Rochdale.

Edited by Lags

... houses going up on BP WITH 2 MONTHS...

These are the houses behind the Chaddy End to provide the money to start the Failsworth development. There are another 120 houses for which planning permission is still awaited. That will provide more finance for the development. It's the only way of running BP in parallel with the building work, as TTA have said they will not pull BP down until the new stadium is operational.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

These are the houses behind the Chaddy End to provide the money to start the Failsworth development. There are another 120 houses for which planning permission is still awaited. That will provide more finance for the development. It's the only way of running BP in parallel with the building work, as TTA have said they will not pull BP down until the new stadium is operational.

What happens if planning permission is refused?

Did you know one corner cost's as much as a full one side stand?

Is that if its built at the same time or if its built later as a seperate project? I find it hard to imagine that if we did Phase 2 right from the off, that it would cost 50% more than Phase 1.

However, if you have to go back and build it later, then yes as you will incurr a lot of site set-up and overhead costs for a second time.

Unless the corners are signficantly funded by the 3rd Party that will use the space for a commercial purpose then its had to see an etra 2,000 paying customers (if we are successful enough to attract them on a regular basis) being sufficent to make it financially viable as a later seperate phase.

I think we know that the horseshoe either happens from day one, or is likely to remain an artist impresson / planning permission idea. However, for me it is not critical that we get these - I'd be happy living in the 4 sided stadium even in the next division up (full houses, great atmosphere, intermerdating for the opposition etc).

Whats the rush? planning permission first please, just as an assurance. That's been my whole sticking point all along with Failsworth project.

As the poster above ask's what if? tell me....what if? please

Is that if its built at the same time or if its built later as a seperate project? I find it hard to imagine that if we did Phase 2 right from the off, that it would cost 50% more than Phase 1.

However, if you have to go back and build it later, then yes as you will incurr a lot of site set-up and overhead costs for a second time.

Unless the corners are signficantly funded by the 3rd Party that will use the space for a commercial purpose then its had to see an etra 2,000 paying customers (if we are successful enough to attract them on a regular basis) being sufficent to make it financially viable as a later seperate phase.

I think we know that the horseshoe either happens from day one, or is likely to remain an artist impresson / planning permission idea. However, for me it is not critical that we get these - I'd be happy living in the 4 sided stadium even in the next division up (full houses, great atmosphere, intermerdating for the opposition etc).

This is what the architect told me yesterday. Indeed to build phase 2 at a later date increases cost pro rata to how long after.

Whats the rush? planning permission first please, just as an assurance. That's been my whole sticking point all along with Failsworth project.

As the poster above ask's what if? tell me....what if? please

Even if something dramtic changes and BP is re-developed, those houses will be built, it changes nothing.

thanks lags.. :)

i'm glad its not just me and a few others that aren't just looking at the pictures of the new stadium and saying "yes please" without thinking it all out.

Not one picture was up presenting phase one alone. Now call me what you like but that was done for a reason. Don't forget not only that, the pictures did not represent one detailed drawing of any plans what so ever.

The pictures of an artists impression of what the ground 'could look like' as had the desired effect.

AH:

“We are speaking to organisations at the moment who could be interested in taking space in the corners, and that could help fill them in sooner rather than later.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1956319,00.html

The Council's problem in respect of having misled the Club into purchasing the Lancaster Club and drawing up the proposals, but the Club's problem in that the development could not go ahead.

I agree so much nod's and wink's surely have gone on but even so, the land purchsed is still worth the money paid no matter what goes up in Failsworth.

The Council's problem in respect of having misled the Club into purchasing the Lancaster Club and drawing up the proposals, but the Club's problem in that the development could not go ahead.

I agree so much nod's and wink's surely have gone on but even so, the land purchsed is still worth the money paid no matter what goes up in Failsworth.

+1

If for whatever reason we didnt get planning permission, TTA would be able to do what they pleased to develop the land they bought, and I would wager they would make considerably more than they paid for it if they did

I am not against Failsworth, TTA or The club. But I am now like a good dog beat to much, it thinks it's bad. We've had so many promises that simply have not materalised. Now once again I am faced with a situation where I must believe what is being fed to me again cos the down side is too gross to comprehend.

We are now running head long down a route to a promised Failsworth project with neither planning permission nor one single drawing of what it is that's going to be built. Let alone that houses are going up at the BP site immenently. Now if I was in the sales shed trying to sell those properties at prices that befit a home not cast in the shadow of the Chaddy road end I'd be promising no ground there within 2 years.

I want Failsworth to go ahead now cos BP will no longer be there very very soon. I want Failsworth to go ahead with a ground to be proud of and to take us to a point where championship football is a real aspiration. Not some 4 sided ground that smacks lower league. One where a footballer offered same terms at Scunny picks Latics cos he smells ambition.

We need people like me to question things to have checks and balances. Christ the promises we've had down the years surely instills that.

Edited by Lags

We need people like me to question things to have checks and balances. Christ the promises we've had down the years surely instills that.

Agree 100%. When questioned at a previous Forum TTA said BP will not be pulled down until the new stadium is operational, and they will not be ground-sharing.