Stadium Plans Thread

WE SAY NO TO FAILSWORTH

HOME HAS TO FEEL LIKE HOME, NOT LIKE COLCHESTER

It will feel like home, there's a bit of give and take here fella - they give us the new stand and take their money back, we take the stadium and give it that homely feeling. It's up to us to make it our fortress. I'm not happy about going down to Failsworth either - but as I said, I'll wait for the artist impressions and the first "sell" of the ground before making my mind up. Adn I think it looks all right to be fair.

There's no point acting like a bell-end and just spouting rubbish for the same old reasons now, it's all out in the open and we can't stay where we are, so there you go.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found the whole thing very positive. I did (along with Macca) get the blacked out capacity and it added to 11,175 without the 24 corparate boxes. Loved the design and asked about possible future bids for Euro/commonwealth/olympic bids for Manchester and with thos being a new stadia could it increase the capacity in excess of 16k. The answer was no but seemed lots of people asked similar questions and that these comments were being taken on board. DS has pretty much done all the spadework .. and I am firmly in camp yes.

It will feel like home, there's a bit of give and take here fella - they give us the new stand and take their money back, we take the stadium and give it that homely feeling. It's up to us to make it our fortress. I'm not happy about going down to Failsworth either - but as I said, I'll wait for the artist impressions and the first "sell" of the ground before making my mind up. Adn I think it looks all right to be fair.

There's no point acting like a bell-end and just spouting rubbish for the same old reasons now, it's all out in the open and we can't stay where we are, so there you go.

having read through lots of reports here,first of all i do agree the stadium looks good.

but as also stated..this are only drafts..and phase 2 drafts at that.we very well might not see phase 2 for a very long time.

my main concerns are:

where latics will be when this is all built..div 4?

that TTA have in mind once phase 1 and move is completed..bugger off and tell us"its all yours now..bye"?

the "self sufficiency" plans ,and figures ,that TTA keep banging on about .

finally i will ask the same questions i asked barry and not really got an yes or no to:

are the TTA ACTIVELY looking for help with investment in the club NOW

are the TTT ACTIVELY seeking buyers suitable to carry this on NOW.

as i say,i like the plan(however vague they still are)i certainly ain't happy about the failsworth move,but these questions above are the crux of this stadium not turning into some white elephant.

Did anyone suggest anything like bowling alley/arcade/cinema something like that? think that would be a money maker, couldnt make it down cos of work, but i ilike the design, need to see rest of it now!

i also mentioned this, i said that it would be great to have something at the stadium like this because

1, get more income

2, more people will be coming to the stadium and possibly start coming for match days

3, raise the club profile because there isint anything like that around that area.

Two questions:

1. Lags says each stand is 20 rows deep. Out of interest (and comparison) how deep is the Chaddy End currently? I'm guessing 20 rows would be half way up the back block?

2. In this day and age why are we dependant on a scanner to get the official photos on the website?

Failsworth will be the best thing to happen to this club. Just hope there's still life left in it by then.

E4e

FAILO

Thanks to DS and others who have given good feedback from their talks with AH etc, and for posting the pics. I believe the OS will carry pics today as well.

This is the provisional plan for Phase 1 - and it's looking good overall. Quite a few comments have been made about details - this is the time to get those into the club so that that there's time for them to be considered.

There won't be 100% backing of every aspect of any design but, so far, this does seem to be reassuring a lot of folk. The club seems genuine in its attempts to talk with supporters, and in its commitment to getting a new ground that is as good as it can be with the money that there is. I'd love a 20,000 seater but it's not going to happen ubless hitherto invisible investors arrive. I think it's our duty as supporters to constructively participate in any consultation now or later.

Mind you I also think that it's our duty as supporters to go to matches...... :devilish:

Why do so many people make so much fuss over having corners filled in? Boundary park has never had corners filled in, and both Main stand and Lookers didn't even extend to the corner!!!!

i said last night it looks good enough as it is, a third corner filled with something there would look good. to be honest i just want to move away from boundry park.

i emailed alan hardy about the idea of having a stadium etc etc and this was his reply

" Hi Lee

Thanks for you email and comments.

We will certainly take these into consideration and we already have plans to speak with Cinema Operators.

Sorry we ran out of forms on the night, we thought we had run off more than enough for the evening but I guess we had more fans attend than we had estimated.

However it was a good consultation and I pleased to hear that you are impressed with the plans and design of the stadium.

We now need everyone to have a positive outlook about the development because negativity means you rarely succeed.

Regards

Alan

Why do so many people make so much fuss over having corners filled in? Boundary park has never had corners filled in, and both Main stand and Lookers didn't even extend to the corner!!!!

That's because they are uneeque.

I couldn't be arsed going last night, had a crap day at work so stayed at home at got drunk, been to too many bloody meetings/ forums/ consultations about Latics for one lifetime. The plans look good, better than expected and if the magic wand was waved and this was where our next home game was I think most of us would be quite happy.

If any of us have about £30 million to spare we could perhaps develop Boundary Park, tonight the euro lottery is £85 million so there is a quick way to sort this out, if you buy 2 tickets you double your chances of winning too! However if none of us win then these plans are what we are left with.

That's because they are uneeque.

I couldn't be arsed going last night, had a crap day at work so stayed at home at got drunk, been to too many bloody meetings/ forums/ consultations about Latics for one lifetime. The plans look good, better than expected and if the magic wand was waved and this was where our next home game was I think most of us would be quite happy.

If any of us have about £30 million to spare we could perhaps develop Boundary Park, tonight the euro lottery is £85 million so there is a quick way to sort this out, if you buy 2 tickets you double your chances of winning too! However if none of us win then these plans are what we are left with.

That's a plan. An OWTB syndicate on EuroMillions.

Although I am sure if we woon there would be the usual squabbles about whether we sign Rivaldo or Kaka and whether the redeveloped BP capacity of 85,000 would consign us to lower leagues, and makes enough of statement to other clubs in the area.

Edited by singe

Ive said this from the start, the best way to make this a substantial business idea and bring money in on a daily basis, not to mention keeping everyone happy is to turn the Lancashire Club into a Brothel / Strip club!

I've heard the club are in talks with Lady Jane's Health Studio.

Two questions:

1. Lags says each stand is 20 rows deep. Out of interest (and comparison) how deep is the Chaddy End currently? I'm guessing 20 rows would be half way up the back block?

I sit on row T of the Chaddy end....20 rows back. Its 4 rows up in the upper block, so not even half way up the block.

It makes sense, Chaddy holds about 4000 (?) so if we had the chaddy all the way round it would be about 20,000 capacity.

Or a few thousand less because presumably more legroom equates to less rows for a standard depth/rake stand, something I neglected to ask about stupid me!

Did anyone suggest anything like bowling alley/arcade/cinema something like that? think that would be a money maker, couldnt make it down cos of work, but i ilike the design, need to see rest of it now!

If everyone who hasn't filled in a consultation form emails the Club with suggestions for the commercial leisure part of the site, it will enable the Club to show potential leisure partners what level of support their is for the various possible facilities. This is a key area towards self-sufficiency. Leisure industry investors will be interested if some market research has already been done and seems positive.

I suspect this is where our younger members can get involved as they are more likely to use the facilities. how about getting school/college friends, mates, social website contacts, etc to email the Club with support for leisure facilities? Even an online petition stating what is required. If there was a groundswell of support, the Club could show it to leisure providers and, who knows, that part of the proposal could be up and running as soon as or even sooner than the stadium. Is there someone or several people out there who could take this onboard to organise?

Someone once said: "If you are losing your leisure, look out, you may be losing your soul".

Time is tight if the next consultation is to take place before the end of the month, so an early indication that support is being gathered would impress not only the Club towards its discussions with providers, but aso the Council who wish to regenerate the area.

Email the club with any questions, after-thoughts, suggestions, problems, etc. Consultation = listening to/reading your thoughts.

I took a form with me, (1) So I could reflect properly on the proposals and offer some constructive feedback and (2) So I could copy the blank form so family and friends could offer their opinions too. then I intend on emailing/posting my comments to Alan. I have to say it's pretty much what we expected, if it happens I'll be happy.

Before people get too excited, we need to remember that all we have seen is a few pretty pictures, and some proposals that are not necessarily going to be anything like the finished article.

As I said earlier, all the answers I received included the words 'might' or 'may', and I left the sponsors suite feeling like I had just listened to someone's dream rather than a solid proposal.

There is a great deal of ambiguity with regard to figures quoted by different representatives, and the first release appears to have everything but the actual printed words "Lip Service" written on it.

When the next consultation takes place, I hope there will be some concrete figures available.

Why do I get the feeling that yesterday was an exercise in PR designed to bury people's fears under a blanket of pretty pictures and ideas that may never materialise?

Roll on the true plans.

I like the look of the stadium from what I have seen, but the self sutainability is the key for me.

So good see Harvester etc.

I cannot see is a post about the football pitches 5 a side, 3G etc.

Was anything mentioned about those?

Apologies if it in a thread I missed.

Before people get too excited, we need to remember that all we have seen is a few pretty pictures, and some proposals that are not necessarily going to be anything like the finished article.

As I said earlier, all the answers I received included the words 'might' or 'may', and I left the sponsors suite feeling like I had just listened to someone's dream rather than a solid proposal.

There is a great deal of ambiguity with regard to figures quoted by different representatives, and the first release appears to have everything but the actual printed words "Lip Service" written on it.

When the next consultation takes place, I hope there will be some concrete figures available.

Why do I get the feeling that yesterday was an exercise in PR designed to bury people's fears under a blanket of pretty pictures and ideas that may never materialise?

Roll on the true plans.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. On the one hand they are condemned for presenting the whole thing as a take it or leave it done deal, then they present an outline that might be changed, and even call it a consultation process, and they are shouted down because it's not concrete finalised plans.